Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyecatches

+13
dirksies
Joyfulldreams
Aki11
Yukacloudy56
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
videofan9864
Mrtweetums
Nol
Supernova
Memieko
HamsterPants
Kazaazz
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eyecatches - Page 2 Empty Re: Eyecatches

Post by Nol Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:18 pm

So wait what would we do for R/S arc? Would it be Ruby or Saphire or even both?

Wally.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 pm

He's not even a main character xD
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by AkieTara Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:55 am

Memieko wrote:So wait what would we do for R/S arc? Would it be Ruby or Saphire or even both? And for D/P. I do like that idea though.

Ruby being sparkly and sewing and junk. XD

Any way, I always thought digimon had some pretty fun eye catchers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaPTRGMZz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_IrRDLC358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yRHF__kdm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c7ZDJeVQug
AkieTara
AkieTara
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

http://akie-tara.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:56 am

Or we could rotate between to the two/three. Because we should some of Saphire in too
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 am

*Ahemrubysapphirearen'tforages*

Well having that sort of problem is why I thought that the volume covers would be a good idea. We could even have the front cover appear for one eyecatch and the backcover appear for the second one.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:15 am

Yeah but if we plan to only put one character in an eyecatch we'll run into that problem eventually and won't using the cover of the mangas create more of a copyright? I know Pokespe is becoming harder to find because a lot of manga sites are being informed of the copyright.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah there's that issue but we could always mirror it or something...and using volume covers is just about as copyrighted as everything else we're doing so...(please, let's not this conversation for the upteenth time...)

Manga.animea.net still has Pokespe though, up till 360 I think.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Yeah otakuworks is also still updating they got into the last pages of DP finally. I think it would be better to draw our own eyecatch then takes there's because then it looks like we're saying we drew that.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:26 pm

Hmm, true true. Could always fiddle with the pic then, do it from a different angle, or a different pose. I think all that's on the covers should still be included though. That way most people can see they're based off the covers yet seeing they're still original.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Using the covers as a basis for our own eyecatch is much better than simply throwing the cover art on. It's not just the throny issue of copyright, it just feels better to me to create our own.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:22 pm

In that Raikou movie, their eyecatch is a blurred image that focuses.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Raikou movie? I think you mean episode there, the Legend of Thunder I believe. (Best ep EVER) Blurred images that focuses could be used, but that equals more animation...somewhat.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Really it's an episode? Everyone keeps calling it a movie. Yeah but there's a function on flash that already does that or we could do it in a movie maker or something.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Umm, just a thought here but, would it be ok to do some different styled pics for some of the eye catches? Thought I'd ask since a few animes occasionally put out special eyecatches that may or may not be totally different from the regular show's look.

It's just a suggestion, but seeing some Nanami's pics of Yellow or... *tries to think of a good example* ...an Okami-style Green with his Charmander would be awesome~ XD
...No matter what we do though, if we don't want to end up repeating the eyecatches over and over again, we're gonna need a lot. Then again, repeating the eyecatches would be easier, huh?

I'm all for either way, as long as the eyecatches look good! <3
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:49 pm

I wouldn't ind staring at the same eyecatch o.o
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:04 pm

FaisLittleWhiteRaven wrote:Umm, just a thought here but, would it be ok to do some different styled pics for some of the eye catches? Thought I'd ask since a few animes occasionally put out special eyecatches that may or may not be totally different from the regular show's look.

It's just a suggestion, but seeing some Nanami's pics of Yellow or... *tries to think of a good example* ...an Okami-style Green with his Charmander would be awesome~ XD
...No matter what we do though, if we don't want to end up repeating the eyecatches over and over again, we're gonna need a lot. Then again, repeating the eyecatches would be easier, huh?

I'm all for either way, as long as the eyecatches look good! <3
I do not support the idea of recycling eyecatches.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukacloudy56 Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:57 pm

I don't really mind seeing the same eyecatches though.(even lots of good anime recycle their own eyecatch for the own season .)As long as you make the pictures look cool and beautiful,it's fine.If we create too much eyecatches,we would easily ran out of idea.
A plain wonderful eyecatctch is what most fans need.Trust me ,I am one of the crazy otaku

Yukacloudy56

Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 pm

We should get this topic settled soon. I still prefer single character eye catches in order to build up all the characters in an arc but if all else fails then we can use the moving eye catch the anime does with Red, Green, and Blue together.

Though I have a new idea for a moving eye catch, how about we animate this?
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Miscellaneous/red
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:39 am

Oh I saw that picture on the official website~ OwO I think I suggested this picture as an eyecatch before..
anyway I support the idea videofan~ <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 am

about what raven mentioned in earlier posts. I think a different style thing shouldn't be used for an eyecatch; But just asking here, has anyone watched "arakawa under the bridge" before? Because they always add in a fanart of the series at the end of each episode, with the "see you next week/next time" quote at a corner. I was thinking if we were to do what raven suggested, it would be at the end of the episode; contributions of fanarts from members and great artists out there for the pokespe animeC:

not in favour of repeating eye catches as well, especially if they are still images. They should be easier to do by a whole ton as compared to animating. So if we are able to do new animations, I don't see why we won't be able to do new eye catches..

@vidfan: can't view the link; could be my school's connection. I'll try viewing it again when I get homeC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:56 am

Aki11 wrote:Because they always add in a fanart of the series at the end of each episode, with the "see you next week/next time" quote at a corner. I was thinking if we were to do what raven suggested, it would be at the end of the episode; contributions of fanarts from members and great artists out there for the pokespe animeC:

not in favour of repeating eye catches as well, especially if they are still images. They should be easier to do by a whole ton as compared to animating. So if we are able to do new animations, I don't see why we won't be able to do new eye catches..
Well, I like the sound of adding some fanart at the end like that~ Though I feel sad I won't get to play around making an extra fancy eye catch... *was kind of looking foreward to the idea*

How about making seperate eye catches for each of the main characters with each of their pokemon? Like Red & Pikachu in one, another with Red and Saur, and a third with Green and one of his main pokemon? That'd probably give us more than enough eye catches for the RGB arc anyway.

Vidfan: Love the pic but can we use it? I mean, we could do eye catches based of it, but if it was done by a fanartist not working with us I'd hate to copy their work like that without asking them to join first. (Ps: If its offical, ignore all that.)
...Plus some episodes would probably benefit from more serious or dramatic eye catches; eye catches tend to be all about the flashy amazing looks after all.
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:42 pm

That looks like official art by Mato, I can tell by the style.

and I don't really see the point in worrying so much about the eyecatches. ^.^; Guys, lets keep it simple here! Nothing animated, let's just do some very nice still images. I mean, look at the eyecatches for FMA Brotherhood. We could do something like that, or we could just...have...something simple that won't make extra work? Please?

I know you guys want everything about this to be cool and awesome, but the cooler your ideas get the harder the work gets for us, and really, who will care that much about the eyecatches? They'll care about the episode, and if the eyecatches get in the WAY of MAKING the episode come out faster, then nobody will like it. ^.^;

SO, how about instead of thinking 'oh, we could animate ___', how about doodling up a rough sketch of a STILL IMAGE eyecatch that we could use? Perhaps we could use eyecatches made by everybody, not just the artists, to give us more identity? (In fact, if everyone on the team made their own personal eye-catch, not only would that reduce work and create a whole TON of eyecatches that we can use, but also be kind of a tribute to that person in the anime itself, a timeless record of their contribution to the anime)

It could sort of be like a tribute to all of the wonderful people who worked on this. Give them more than just a line on a credit page, but an eyecatch that will show how hard they worked and what amazing people they are. ;3 I like that.

And plus, i really hate that everyone is saying 'oh that one anime did this so ___' we are not an anime company. We are a fan group. Everyone will know it's a fan group. And I hate feeling like all we are doing is copying and mimicking other animes and people, instead of using our talents to make something amazing that is OUR OWN, that we can be remembered for. Not just 'oh that? yeah, a fan group made that' but 'This was made by the PokeSpeAni fangroup, it's really cool, they did a great job. I love aki11's animation and whatthechuck3's voice acting, don't you?'

...you getting my drift? ^.^;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:That looks like official art by Mato, I can tell by the style.

and I don't really see the point in worrying so much about the eyecatches. ^.^; Guys, lets keep it simple here! Nothing animated, let's just do some very nice still images. I mean, look at the eyecatches for FMA Brotherhood. We could do something like that, or we could just...have...something simple that won't make extra work? Please?

I know you guys want everything about this to be cool and awesome, but the cooler your ideas get the harder the work gets for us, and really, who will care that much about the eyecatches? They'll care about the episode, and if the eyecatches get in the WAY of MAKING the episode come out faster, then nobody will like it. ^.^;

SO, how about instead of thinking 'oh, we could animate ___', how about doodling up a rough sketch of a STILL IMAGE eyecatch that we could use? Perhaps we could use eyecatches made by everybody, not just the artists, to give us more identity? (In fact, if everyone on the team made their own personal eye-catch, not only would that reduce work and create a whole TON of eyecatches that we can use, but also be kind of a tribute to that person in the anime itself, a timeless record of their contribution to the anime)

It could sort of be like a tribute to all of the wonderful people who worked on this. Give them more than just a line on a credit page, but an eyecatch that will show how hard they worked and what amazing people they are. ;3 I like that.

And plus, i really hate that everyone is saying 'oh that one anime did this so ___' we are not an anime company. We are a fan group. Everyone will know it's a fan group. And I hate feeling like all we are doing is copying and mimicking other animes and people, instead of using our talents to make something amazing that is OUR OWN, that we can be remembered for. Not just 'oh that? yeah, a fan group made that' but 'This was made by the PokeSpeAni fangroup, it's really cool, they did a great job. I love aki11's animation and whatthechuck3's voice acting, don't you?'

...you getting my drift? ^.^;

I agree with everything joy:) Making everything too flashy will hinder the job we wanted to do. I do prefer the still pictures but the problem would be changing it for every episode. But what you said about everyone participating gave me an answer. How about using pics from our own DA or other accounts picture accounts or a picture completely original? Of course everything covering the RGB arc of course
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 pm

You know, I actually started imagining that the eyecatches could address the people themselves, you know? Like have 'Aki11 - Animation Head' and 'Memieko - Line Artist' along with a doodle, however detailed or non-detailed, done by them. Hell, even the people who suck at drawing could try it out. Or maybe even real-life pictures of them, if they're up for it.

If we did it from our DA galleries, they won't really express us so much as our artwork, and not everyone here has a DA gallery or is good at art. Perhaps for the voice actors, it could be a crappy doodle they did (or something by an artist) or their icon with a small little thing written by them and a quick 4-second voice over or something, whatever. Thing is, though, everyone can make their OWN eyecatch. WHATEVER they want it to be, they'll make it, and when each and every eyecatch is different and individual, I think that'll make it REALLY cool.

I mean, don't you love the extras on DVD's? Maybe somebody could decide to record their screen when drawing Red or something and speed it up while showcasing their name and position. I digress, I think that showcasing the people who worked to make it will be a HELL of a lot more interesting and unique than just 'hey, here's a picture of red! woo...now on to the episode'.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Eyecatches - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Oh, that's an adorable idea, joy-joy! =3
dirksies
dirksies