Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyecatches

+13
dirksies
Joyfulldreams
Aki11
Yukacloudy56
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
videofan9864
Mrtweetums
Nol
Supernova
Memieko
HamsterPants
Kazaazz
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eyecatches - Page 3 Empty Re: Eyecatches

Post by Memieko Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Didn't I mention this before in that promotion topic..? Do speed drawing /colorings of our work ;-;
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:10 am

Well Joy's suggesting EVERYONE has a shot at it. And because we're making a FAN anime, by fans for fans, I think this is a REALLY REALLY OMG AWESOME WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS idea. That way people who want to help can help, no matter how bad at drawing they are. (I still like, recommend fairly good coloured ones by the art team for the 1st episode though).

But no, I totally change my previous statements and think we should go with this! It'll be quick, easy, and show we're thinking of the fans for Pokespe and our own fans! In Mato's style or not, detailed or not, elaborate or not, we can just pick some of them out the hat and go with that! And it could be in whatever medium!

My only little quip is that the quality of the uploading should remain fairly consistent. Scanned in at 120hp sound good?
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:25 am

It is actually a really good idea O.O

My only complaint would be that in some cases more than one person's owuld be ideal ... and then they could be labeled both with the artist and what the drawing is, whether it's one or more poeple's art (kind of like in FMA Bortherhood).

It sounds cool, particularly since it's more unique to us, and also because it'll give a lot of variety.

Nice one Joy :O

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I agree with this too:) A drawing by anyone with their signature on it woudn't be bad for an eye catch every episode. Though the thought of something similar at the ending music did cross my mind. I mean an illustration of drawings as the ending animation. But this idea would be better.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:04 am

sorry memieko, didn't see it mentioned before... (most probably due to inactivity) but joy, great idea you have thereC: I support it all the way, though vidfan's idea of it is pretty cool tooC:

@vidfan: you mean something like what they did for one of the one piece and naruto eds? or is it a totally slideshow kinda ed featuring the works?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:32 am

Welll I suggested it as a promotional video.. Joy suggested it as an eyecatch xD

Memieko wrote:Or we can make promotional videos on youtube. Like some common ones are a sped up drawing video, from sketch to line art to animating. Or something like that.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:42 am

Wow, I'm glad you guys like it! I really think we should show how this project is significant, not because of what we make, but HOW. I mean, my dad told his friend about it and they both think that this project 'demonstrates how times are changing and how group projects can really change things', or something like that.

But really, have you guys thought about this at all? Have you ever heard of an ONLINE project with people from ALL AROUND THE WORLD with different talents working on a serious project like this purely through the internet? In this scale? And, you know, not being a JOKE? I mean, people collaborate over the internet, yes, people become successful over the internet and produce stuff FOR the internet, yes, but this is a project! We're practically an online studio!

So I really think we should embrace this; this sort of ground-breaking project we have going, instead of just being a wannabe japanese anime. ^.^
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 pm

well, to be honest I'm pretty happy how we are getting things going here (we still have a long way to go, but stillX3) Things like making a fanime's not really uncommon in japan, but outside of it is something that's never really been done before. (or successfully, for that matter) Still, I'll reserve this happiness for when we do finish an episodeXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Well said. In 20 years there will be a documentary about Pokespeani. And it will be taken off youtube for copyright infringement. XD
Anyways,...
Should we start a thread for eyecatch candidates? Or perhaps make use of the groups DA and start a folder?
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:51 pm

lol speaking of the dA pokespeani group... it's been rather dead for ages (or more like as long as I can remember=w=;; ) but i don't mind that suggestion lolC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:49 pm

I really love the idea of having everyone doing their own art for eye catches!!! For someone like me who is pretty amateur at drawing, it be so much fun! As cool as the idea of a fancy eye catch is, it can really show the fan aspect of this project!! Joy you're brilliant!!!

But I do agree that the first couple episodes should have fan drawings by the more....erm.... talented artists. Just for the visual appeal. And once their hooked, they'll find it so entertaining to see, say someone's terrible drawing but it says "JoeShmoe- Sound Effects Head" and they're like "Oh! So that's why they don't animate! Entertainment!" and then they chuckle and continue on with the episode.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Goddess_of_Random wrote:But I do agree that the first couple episodes should have fan drawings by the more....erm.... talented artists. Just for the visual appeal. And once their hooked, they'll find it so entertaining to see, say someone's terrible drawing but it says "JoeShmoe- Sound Effects Head" and they're like "Oh! So that's why they don't animate! Entertainment!" and then they chuckle and continue on with the episode.

So, true! I was hoping a little sketch of a Pokeball would suffice for me as my drawings are fail >.>
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Mine could be something like this:

Spoiler:

Of course, without my crappy handwriting, colored in, and, you know...decent. XD

BTW, I think I've finally managed to draw myself...and it actually looks like ME. I got my stupid poofy hair and my kinda round, chubby face well. 0o
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Aki11 wrote:sorry memieko, didn't see it mentioned before... (most probably due to inactivity) but joy, great idea you have thereC: I support it all the way, though vidfan's idea of it is pretty cool tooC:

@vidfan: you mean something like what they did for one of the one piece and naruto eds? or is it a totally slideshow kinda ed featuring the works?

Oh I can't relate to naruto and one piece but what I meant was that the ending would be full of sketches. Some are still images and some are moving. Or we can have a gallery of pictures lined up and add some effects on them like the pictures spinning etc. Or we could show the process of animation. First the pics are still then they move then they get colors. Yeah pretty much like a slideshow or something like that.

Though I still like the eye catches like the FMA brotherhood anime with single/multiple character shots with their names.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 pm

I think the ED should have a consistent style..

I really love Joy's idea~~ DDD:
and um, should the artwork by people pokespe related only? I mean, it's pokespe anime and all. >w>

Should we consider joy's eyecatch idea accepted? No need to lock this topic, but when someone asks about the eyecatches, we can answer with this. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 pm

NO! You don't have to make it be pokespe related! It's just an eyecatch, show YOURSELF off! ;3
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:41 am

No, again. I think we should show ourselves off yes. But we should not do art of any other subjects cept for pokespe. We can show ourselves off, but it has to be relevant-- is how I think it should be but I dunno about you guys...

Because; if I was watching the anime and suddenly commercial time and I see digimon fanart instead I'll be like; wtf.

So yea, in my opinion it should display who we are, but try to keep it in topic in any case. Instead of the art coming out of nowhere or from some convenient old deviantart piece of work. This eyecatch has to be pokespe and specifically for this project.

so, for easy understanding's sake for non-native speakers, I'm disagreeing with joy hereC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 am

Perhaps we could all settle for a compromise? Like pokespe fanart drawn by individual members?

(because I understand the point you're trying to make aki, but I also kinda agree with joy's insistence of how we should treat it as a fan collaboration)

So, maybe a gentle combination of the two? I dunno, I'm sure we could all work something out!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:13 am

I think making it a fan collaboration kinda thing is fine, I just don't want it to go out of topic and make it feel like blatant advertising of the individual artist's work rather than a new contribution to the pokespeani project... *not sure if I'm making sense here* So for me it has to be related...

an example would be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPWm1Oo8c0

notice at(near) end of the video(it's at 3:24; for people who can't stand how this video is emitting gay all overXD), all the staff in this little project (including the voice actor) pooled in their drawings/contribution to the video. Even though it's obvious that they each have different styles, and some of them can't draw for nuts; they revolve around a single theme; izaya in this case, lolC:

I dunno; it feels more complete, and more like; part of the project if it's related, dun cha think?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:53 am

I'd like it most if everyone got to do an eye catch but that we try to stick to a Pokemon theme (which means I can still do an Okami-style Red and Yellow with their Pokemon~ <3).

And, umm.. If some people feel uncomfortible with drawing an eyecatch, maybe they could do a colaboration with someone else?
Just an idea, but I thought it might be good if someone feels too nervious of something.
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Eyecatches - Page 3 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:04 am

Hey, does anyone remember form the first movie of pokemon during the Pikachu short, those weird eye-catches they had?
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:30 am

@raven: I'm totally fine with that8D What I meant for not going out of topic is that the artist doesn't go all the way to the point where he/she just puts up a eg: digimon fanart as the eyecatch... cos that's--totally off in my opinion^^;

I think anything related to pokespe/pokemon in general is fine. Of course, I personally feel that arc related is advisable, but not compulsory. I think even ash ketchum and pikachu is better than going off topic to the point of another fandom... Though what's the point of this anime if we feature those 2 anyway?XD (the only scenario I could imagine ash and pikachu inside a pokespe eye catch is some kind of side by side face off/confrontation of red and ash with their pikachus and something along the lines of "youfail/pwned" from red's direction to ash=w=)

@memi: no I don't, care to refresh my memory?8D*pretty please with whip cream on top*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:13 am

@aki
yeah the twerp and his pikachu already had enough spotlights already. The whole point in this is to differentiate the manga with the anime.

Oh on a side note, it happened before in a few anime that on the sequel series they show the secondary characters from the first series but never the main characters or they avoid them as much as possible. You guys get my point?
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:06 am

ps: I think I missed like 2 posts in the above part of the page... *didn't see joy's drawing until like, now... orz* well, personally I still don't think we should show ourselves off literally and such; more of, showing off the skill and style while maintaining relevance to the project.

Though, now that I've read the posts I missed; I need to re-think a bit. Although I think that eye catches in relevance to pokespe are needed. When it comes down to music and VA team who can't really draw, a represention/mascot of themselves can be used? (like for me, I'm a tofu on dA) Usually those are easier to draw and requires less drawing skill as compared to forcing them to draw red and gang and come out looking weird... So I'm actually in agreement here now. To a certain degree.

But at least for the illustration and animation team, I think we should do some proper eyecatches of pokespe first. Be it in our own style or not. Then we can move on to making eye catches of self and such. Especially so for the first episode^^; (in a spectator's point of view I would probably go wtf if I suddenly see this random tofu as an eye catch right off the bat...)

sorry for causing all these confusion and conflicting moments within the group..><;; (needs to pay better attention)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 am

During the Pikachu short, there would be a random Pokemon eyecatch..Although, in all honesty I thought there was something in my popcorn when I watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuhjBWzTcws

Just watch some of it I can't find any videos of the actual eyecatch o.x

Anyway, point is we could have a pokemon eyecatch or something.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum