Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyecatches

+13
dirksies
Joyfulldreams
Aki11
Yukacloudy56
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
videofan9864
Mrtweetums
Nol
Supernova
Memieko
HamsterPants
Kazaazz
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Eyecatches - Page 4 Empty Re: Eyecatches

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:43 am

I agree with aki, pokespe/pokemon related eyecatch. drawn by staff. I think what aki meant before, she agreed with Joy's eyecatch idea, but not the 'draw-yourself' part.

anyway, at least for the first epi we should make the eyecatches pokespe related. >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 am

heheh I loved those eyecatches. They made NO SENSE whatsoever.
(*coughLSDcough*)
anyway, I think we should have a poll:
do we draw the actual Staff? Or the Characters? Or some random anime?
It'll mean everyone gets their opinion heard and it might draw the lurkers out of hiding.
But I agree that we should keep it pokespe related for the first ep.
Just a thought~
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah I was just throwing that out there.
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Eh? No drawing the actual staff? ^.^; then what's the point then? 'here's a picture of Red and the title of the person who drew it. Nothing too interesting to see here look at the pretty picture of Red and completely ignore the effort that the person made to make it~'

>.>; I was actually thinking of...you know...people drawing themselves or representing themselves with something...and if we are going to do this, then we should do it from the start, so that people can know what's coming.

I didn't mean, use fanart of other fandoms, I just meant...you know...you could represent yourself, because that's kinda the whole POINT...REPRESENTING YOURSELF...
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

I don't mind doing it but ya know... I feel that it's weird doing that... Like you expect to see pokespe stuff and then suddenly you go, why the hell is this girl hereD:-- like that, kinda. I know we are not real studios but doing that kinda drops the professionalism down a little, duncha think? And since fans are watching this for pokespe (sad to say, they aren't watching this for us, so if I'm a fan I would rather like to see an art of red done by the staff rather than see the staff him/herself...) They want to check our art out, not ourselves out... dunno if im saying this clearly here, anw, gotta run<A<;;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Aki11 wrote:I don't mind doing it but ya know... I feel that it's weird doing that... Like you expect to see pokespe stuff and then suddenly you go, why the hell is this girl hereD:-- like that, kinda. I know we are not real studios but doing that kinda drops the professionalism down a little, duncha think? And since fans are watching this for pokespe (sad to say, they aren't watching this for us, so if I'm a fan I would rather like to see an art of red done by the staff rather than see the staff him/herself...) They want to check our art out, not ourselves out... dunno if im saying this clearly here, anw, gotta run<A<;;

Agreed Aki

Maybe we should draw ourselves in the credits... I mean really why would we have eye-catches with us in it? It should be the pokespecial characters... what anime has an eye catch with the authors or creators??

Plus there are so many of us that it would be strange to try to put one of us in each episode or all of us together in an eye catch... so...

Another thing... where would we put these? I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about advertisements or anything... that's the reason why eye catches exist...

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea but I mean... what's the point in having these in the first place?
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 pm

@ Joy
I kinda like your idea, Joy, but not for an eyecatch. I feel that eyecatches add to the vicarious experience of the viewer, and the eyecataches offer a chance to show off the characters of the story a bit more.

Like, I feel that each eyecatch could show the new characters/pokemon introduced in the story for that episode. It's not just a "pretty picture", but it shows a bit more of the character's personality and their role in the story. For example, look at these volume covers:
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-04/PA4_Back_Cover
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-34/Pokemon_Special_v34_c384/Pokemon_Special_v34_c384_207

The pic with Lorelei shows an intimidating side to her with her whole team out, and definitely portrays her as a major villain for that point of the story. Whereas with the other picture, the Team Galactic crew is emphasized as a pair of cheeseball villains, being antagonists with a comedic edge. I think that our eyecatches should focus on the characters, whether they're major or minor ones, to give more of an impression of them to the audience.

What your idea did remind of though, was the "author's words" in the volumes.
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-01/PA1_Authors_Words
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-04/PA4_Authors_Words
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-30/pg000a

They draw themselves in their avatars (Swalot and Electrode, my guess being their favourite pokemon), and then talk about the volume they made and other things going on with their lives. My idea is that with the release of each episode, one staff member draws their "avatar", and then records a little commentary about the episode. Like, they'll say what they thought about the episode/series, and how they contribute to the project, etc. So it won't just be a representation of the staff member, but a total expression of their thoughts on the project.

@ Dee
On the YouTube releases, if the episode gets split up. Like, if an episode's too long, then it'll have to be split between two clips, so the eyecatch would be tacked on at the end of the first clip. Probably not a problem for this episode and maybe not for the next couple ones, but you never know if the length of the episodes gradually get long enough to warrant splitting them.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:05 pm

@ Nol

Kind of random but... BLACK AND WHITE SCANS O_O

anyways yeah I could see that... you know though... youtube did bump the time up to 15 minutes but Im sure episodes could be longer than that
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 am

dabeatmaster123 wrote:
Aki11 wrote:I don't mind doing it but ya know... I feel that it's weird doing that... Like you expect to see pokespe stuff and then suddenly you go, why the hell is this girl hereD:-- like that, kinda. I know we are not real studios but doing that kinda drops the professionalism down a little, duncha think? And since fans are watching this for pokespe (sad to say, they aren't watching this for us, so if I'm a fan I would rather like to see an art of red done by the staff rather than see the staff him/herself...) They want to check our art out, not ourselves out... dunno if im saying this clearly here, anw, gotta run<A<;;

Agreed Aki

Maybe we should draw ourselves in the credits... I mean really why would we have eye-catches with us in it? It should be the pokespecial characters... what anime has an eye catch with the authors or creators??

Plus there are so many of us that it would be strange to try to put one of us in each episode or all of us together in an eye catch... so...

Another thing... where would we put these? I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about advertisements or anything... that's the reason why eye catches exist...

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea but I mean... what's the point in having these in the first place?

Oh how about adding some notes in the beginning of the episode? Fansub groups do them sometimes wherein they add their own notes to give the audience an idea or for them to relate on the episode, so why don't you guys draw yourselves there? I mean example you guys draw yourselves and then some notes beside you saying something like

"NOTE" The pokemon special manga features game character Red etc" or Red is not to be compared to the twerp etc. I think they're called trivia
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikiee241 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Nol wrote:

What your idea did remind of though, was the "author's words" in the volumes.
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-01/PA1_Authors_Words
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-04/PA4_Authors_Words
http://giantbev.info/jb2448/gallery3/index.php/Pokemon-Adventures-30/pg000a

They draw themselves in their avatars (Swalot and Electrode, my guess being their favourite pokemon), and then talk about the volume they made and other things going on with their lives. My idea is that with the release of each episode, one staff member draws their "avatar", and then records a little commentary about the episode. Like, they'll say what they thought about the episode/series, and how they contribute to the project, etc. So it won't just be a representation of the staff member, but a total expression of their thoughts on the project.

Exactly what I was thinking. The commentary may draw a bit long, though, and pasting stuff at the beginning just crowds the opening. Perhaps a small blurb of text such as a quote on the eyecatch as the avatar sits in a corner?

If we really run out of time, we'll just revamp the pokemon sprites from the game. XD
Kikiee241
Kikiee241

Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Either way, I think this should be whizzed off to the staff discussion, perhaps in the illustrations department as it's pretty popular.

Bout the staff in self representation...I would really only recommend that in the ending, or perhaps in an omake? (Though omakes in itself are a bit of a waste of time). But definitely not in the R/G/B Arc. It should definitely be in later arcs, when the fans get more familiar with what we do and such. So I more or less agree with Aki on that point.

So for the first few episodes, the eyecatches I think should be a nice pic of pokespe related stuff done by illustration staff, with their signature at the bottom for the fans to pick out (they will notice after all). Do the visual appealing ones first, then gradually make them more varied in style and quality, but still done by staff members.

And doing random anime in the eyecatches would be a bit pointless I think, as...you know...everyone watching it is going to be wanting to watch Pokespe. It's kinda the whole point.

So in the first episode at least, we're talking a nice picture of Red/Green and/or their Pokemon with a staff signature. And in the credits/ending fans can see who in the team did those eyecatches. (TRUST ME THEY WILL NOTICE). For staff representations, I still think it's a nice idea. (We could even represent ourselves as as chibi/deformed/comedic form of a Pokemon!) But it should be thought about later. Much much later. There's no need to think up that stuff for the first episode.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Eyecatches - Page 4 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum