Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will the logo be?

+21
Mylodon
VGmaster
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Supernova
chrisman1024
カイリ
Kanon
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
dabeatmaster123
Nol
videofan9864
Mrtweetums
Aki11
ShenCS
Nikuda64
Razor-Leaf
dirksies
Goddess_of_Random
Joyfulldreams
Ama-chan
dawsoc
25 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What will the logo be? - Page 3 Empty Re: What will the logo be?

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Great! I'm bidding for this logo, I think it's amazing. X3

If I could ask you to pick a font for the Pokemon part (which I'll change to Pokespecial.) and the Special part (which I'll change to RGB arc), and some colors for the parts besides the pokeball. (we know what colors those are going to be). I'm going to make this in illustrator, and having fonts and colors would be helpful. XD

SAI: If you don't like what the poll came out as, then take that up with the management team, not me. We made a poll for the title specifically to use for the logo, so, not my problem. I wouldn't mind using Pokemon Special, but I really don't want to get in trouble with VIZ, and I also like the idea of having our own title. It makes things seem more legit and cool.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by カイリ Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Aww...thanks~

I really have no idea Joy. I'm better at the design than the color.
Ask around the Pokemon Special club on dA or something.

But I'm so glad I'm being useful here. If you all need anything else
please feel free to ask~ (it can be for the anime or for your own personal
needs Cx)

~Kaili
カイリ
カイリ

What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

http://Cuiao.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Whatever Joyfulldreams
This didns't mean I'm wrong. It's just mean I been out voted.
Can give me a link where you had that poll so I can see for myself.

ChibiWish
You use MSpaints colors it. And make the version that's Joyfulldreams wants and we see how it's looks.

Edit: If you guys change the title to Pokespecial you should of put it somewhere we can all see it. That was a IMPORTANT PEACE INFORMATION THAT WE ALL NEEDED TO KNOW!
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Sai, I've only started posting on these forums this week, and even I know about the poll. I wasn't there to vote on it, but I think the judging is fair. You should consider checking out the major discussion topics and such; the poll isn't difficult to find. Everyone else who hasn't should also do the same.

ChibiWish, I like the outline around the word "Special". ^^ Very inventive. I just wanted to let you know that I'll be using that outline in my design, or at least something similar. Is that okay?

Kanon

http://latiaschild.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:01 pm

The title of the anime is in the announcement bar at the very top of the forum. If you paid attention, you would see it says 'the anime title is: PokéSpe: RGB Arc'.

I don't wanna be mean here, but you need to change your attitude. I understand you putting up your arguments and supporting them, but really, sometimes enough is enough. Before you make accusations, look around the forum. There's no need to be so forceful. Everyone here is very nice and hospitable, and we all want everybody to feel welcome to pitch in their ideas and contribute, but not in a way that makes other people feel insecure. I realize you're going to retaliate to this with either 'I wasn't feeling right' or 'I'm having a bad day', which I can understand, or with 'well you're wrong' or some such. Instead, I'd like to end this argument at the start and say I apologize for lashing out at you like this, sincerely, but I hope you take my words into consideration. There is no need for another long post replying to mine; let's just ignore this entirely, please and thank you. (I also apologize for not being as hospitable towards you as I say I should. That is my fault and I will make sure to be more understanding in the future.)

Here is the poll thread: https://pokespeanime.forumotion.com/suggestions-f11/title-change-pokespe-rgb-arc-t124.htm
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:06 pm

So this was the poll where you guys did the name change. That would have been help knowledge. That something needed to been Sticky. https://pokespeanime.forumotion.com/suggestions-f11/title-change-pokespe-rgb-arc-t124.htm

@Joyfulldreams
I'm sorry
Please forgave me I didn't know the the name change poll.
(Edit: I was tiping this when you posted)

The best design I have is the PM design I make in my Ash and Red hats pic. which I try to copy from The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga hat design.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Chibiwish: very inventive title! I really love it! Not only are you a good pikachu, you're a pretty good artist! So talented...*sigh...you're so lucky!

If the fans don't know that it's pokemon related, the "e" on poke, should be obvious enough. And unless people have been living under a rock for 20 years, I think they will know that the "poké" is obviously pokemon related.

Just pointing out some facts. Sorry if I reopened any wounds.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 pm

S'alright. I feel bad about being so mean and overreacting. (But I'm not taking back what I said) XD

And yeah, PokéSpecial is pretty obvious. Especially if written in Pokéfont. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:37 pm

@Joyfulldreams
Sorry and for my attitude I have the personality of all for turtles.(ninja turtles)
I overreacting too.
I didn't know the the name change poll or where it was at the time. That was something that needed to be easier to spot. That was a very important peace of information. PokéSpecial I was thinking that was the nicename at the time didn't know it change. It wasn't that obvious. It being obvious didn't mean it's obvious to everyone. Especially if it's in written form for those who have autism.

p.s. Joy all those words up the is kinda hard for my to read. There too many words for me to see. That why I read comics there in my reading level.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 am

wait wait, the name is PokeSpe, right? not PokeSpecial?
O_O

.....and sorry about the poll thread. D: i didnt make it sticky. I'm sorrrry DDD: forum manangement mistake. ;_; and that caused argument. i'm still an inexperienced admin, so.. forgive me. >A>

and btw Kaili, the logo is nice~ using pokefont right? is it a pikacu's tail? :/ i dont really like the idea of having pika as the spotlight..

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 am

this is not really the right thing to say at this point in time but I would rather pokemon special/poke special than pokespe... both me and dee thought that making the title pokespe will make it look and sound so unprofessional looking, pokespe as the abbreviated term yes, but as the actual title? kinda weird, at least for me. And I can't help but see pokespe as the words "poke" and i dunno what word a spe is/:

and since it seems that quite a few of us are disagreeing with the current title, how about a revote?

edit: and I don't see the risk of viz shutting us down being lessened in anyway with or without a different title. The most obvious thing being that this project will already be in trouble or get shut down regardless of what the logo is, since anyone with a brain who looked a lil further into the show would know that it's pokemon. and if we wanna nitpick at names being creative and original so that we wont get in trouble with viz, as far as i know, viz named it pokemon adventures, not pokemon special or pokespecial, so why in the world would the title being pokespe or pokemon special make a difference? The only difference it makes is that one sounds kiddy and amateurish while the other sounds official and professional. So why did we go for the first? But like mentioned, it's just my opinion, sorry for the heatedness.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:21 am

Well, about the Pikachu thing, I think it would be fitting for the Yellow Chapter. This way, we could keep it like a theme, like Jirachi for Emerald's Chapter, Deoxys or a Fire/Leaf for the FireRed/LeafGreen. Maybe even change it up between different parts of the seasons, like starting it off with a Bulbasaur shape, then Charamander-shaped after a bunch of episodes, Squirtle next, etc.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 am

I like how that sounds nol, yea. lets not just focus on pikachu, its called pokespe/pokespecial/pokemon special, not pikaspe or anything lol~
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 am

Chibi's design is cool. It needs to be fiddled for this different title nonsense but yeah.

Also, I agree with Nol.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm

@irisfate19
It's ok all that matten matter is the is problem solve now and the poll thread sticky now. At lets we know now it was a manangement mistake. Your forgiven

This is my opinion on the name pokespe. PokeSpecial sound better when you say it then PokeSpe. I don't like the name pokemon adventures. Pokemon special or pokespecial sound alot better. We sure use PokeSpe when we are listing the episode or make any other list. I can see people asking what the heck is a pokespe. I have time pronouncing pokespe it didsn't sound like a complete work. With pokespecial I can see getting that and it's catchy too. Will this is my opinion.

So who ever is designing a logo should make 3 logos saying pokespe, poke special, and pokemon special. Then we will vote on which one that looks a sound the best.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by カイリ Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 pm

To clear up the whole Pikachu thing let me explain.

I was originally designing it for the Yellow arc since that
is my main purpose here. Though we are only
doing RBG arc right now I had no intention of making a Bulbasaur
or something for it. I thought Pikachu would be a neutral since
Bulbasaur is not the main focus.

I could always redesign it to your liking if you oh-so desire.

~Kaili
カイリ
カイリ

http://Cuiao.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:31 pm

a revote? ...I'm completely neutral on the idea. I WOULD kinda like to change my vote, but that would be like spitting on the system.

I think Management approval is needed...and I'm not completely for the idea.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Abotu redesigneing the pikachu part of the logo ... bulbasaur, I don't see working. Mew would be mroe interesting. Up to the artist >_>

And we could vote for a revote :p Joking aside, I don;t think a revote is necessary unless there is an overwhelming desire for change. I'm actualyl mroe for Pokéspecial than PokéSpe but, equally, I respect that a decision was already made. Besides, unless a majority want a change, there wouldn;t be any with a revote so ...

Supernova
Staff

Script Team What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Personally, I like PokeSupe better than PokeSpe. Its easier to say, and there is no sp sound in Japanese. There is Su and Pe... Just my opinion, me being the weird person I am, lolz.

But I dont think a revote in necessary, truly. It seems like so much trouble. Plus, if we do a revote now, the next round of new members will want a revote, and say 'you already had a revote, why not another one', etc. It'll be one long~, endless cycle. I dont want that...

The name has been chosen, its official. Thats my opnion on the matter... Sorry for those who would like the revote, but... -.-; sorry.
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:21 pm

My main problem is the fact that the poll was closed so early. silent But now that I see that you guys did it in stages, I can see why there were deadlines. Neutral
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team What will the logo be? - Page 3 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

I don't want to use Pokemon Special, because using the full 'Pokemon' in the title and logo might step on a few copyright toes. And pesides, Pokespecial is cooler. XD But I'm not against Pokespe either, really.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 pm

I've never really liked the name "PokéSpe", since it sounds cut off and unfinished. To be honest, I'd like it if we used the full "Pokémon Special", but as Joy has pointed out, that would bring up more copyright issues than we already have. For now, I'll go with "PokéSpecial" when I create the logo.

Kanon

http://latiaschild.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 pm

seems that quite a few liked pokespecial better than pokespe?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 pm

I guess...but We can't really re-vote, as Ama-chan said. Throw everything outta whack. And I kinda agree, we can't just revote.

Unless the poll between pokespe and pokespecial is really close (which I think is) then we can revote. I remember a user saying that they voted for "insert name here", but because in a later round it got eliminated, the user said if they knew that it would be eliminated, they wouldve voted for the other finalist. (hope you can understand my analogy there...)

so perhaps a revote could be changed so it's just pokespe and pokespecial, that way we could get the majority of users on the same 2 finalists and the votes could be more accurate. Just my thoughts.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 pm

I think a revote between pokespe and pokespecial sounds feasible, i agree hahaXD

(okay lol i tend to disagree most of the time but recently ive been agreeing quite a bit>W> keep the good suggestions coming ppl~XDD*shot*)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next