Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HG-SS Progress/Update thread

+20
How are you?
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
dabeatmaster123
VGmaster
Aki11
Joyfulldreams
Nol
dirksies
Goddess_of_Random
Razor-Leaf
Nikuda64
gold
~Dewy~
Supernova
カイリ
Mrtweetums
Hotrod198
chrisman1024
whatthechuck3
Skitter
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Empty Re: HG-SS Progress/Update thread

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:23 am

Joyfulldreams wrote:Speaking of HG/SS, OMIGAWD. I AM HOLDING THE GAME IN MY HAND. AND I LITERALLY JUST FOUND MY DS I THOUGHT I LOST IT AND I WOULD HAVE CRIED MY EYES OUT IF I HADN'T FOUND IT BY THE TIME I GOT THE GAME AND YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! 8DDDD

Um, congrats :p

@Razor-leaf - The Celebi will probably be released with the 13th movie in Japan and will US, Europe and Australia probably over Wi-Fi sometime later, maybe early 2011.

I need to get a nintendo wi-fi adapter to get that shiny pichu.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 am

lol tweets, dun worry u aren't the only one=w=, i haven't got any ds as well, and I don't think i ever will get one hahaXDD I'll probably just play it on the emulator some day just for the kicksXD=w=
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Woo hoo. Got it today and importing my Pikachu colored Pichu to it later.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitter Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Finally... I got it yesterday after work and played it till bedtime.

I'm currently parked in front of Raikou/Entei/Suicune to release them. I'm gonna stay here for a while and SR for a good Raikou.

Wish me luck!

P.S. Yes. The music is FANTASTIC!

Skitter

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Ordered SS now. Just some ten days til I get it ... if it gets here on time that is :p

Supernova
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:41 pm

You guys are all lucky. I have to wait about another week for heartgold and soulsilver to come out in australia. But i downloaded the soulsilver rom so i will have something to fill my time in lol. But question to all players, what pokemon do u have in ur team?
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Heracross, Kangaskahn, Magby, Togetic, Crocanaw, and Elekid (except for Crocanaw, they're all ones that I havent raised before; i.e. will be: Kangaskan, Magmortar, Heracross, Togekiss, Electivire, and Feraligator) Which is good b/c I always fall into the rut of using the exact same team (give or take one) in the Johto games...(Crobat, Typhlosion, Steelix/Scisor, Ampharos, Red Gyarados, and Machamp)
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 am

whatthechuck3 wrote:Heracross, Kangaskahn, Magby, Togetic, Crocanaw, and Elekid (except for Crocanaw, they're all ones that I havent raised before; i.e. will be: Kangaskan, Magmortar, Heracross, Togekiss, Electivire, and Feraligator) Which is good b/c I always fall into the rut of using the exact same team (give or take one) in the Johto games...(Crobat, Typhlosion, Steelix/Scisor, Ampharos, Red Gyarados, and Machamp)

That sounds pretty impressive. Guess i better tell u guys the team im probaly going to train. Typhlosion, Togekiss, Ambipom, Poliwrath/Red Gyarados, Ursaring/Sudowoodo, Victreebel/Sunflora. The ones with slashes depends on version i get or before i catch the later pokemon.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 am

Huh. Some of them seem a lot like gold's pokemon.

You know. Typhlosion, togekiss (togepi?), ambipom (aipom), poliwrath (kinda politoed?), sudowoodo, sunflora? I dunno, just a thought.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 am

Mrtweetums wrote:Huh. Some of them seem a lot like gold's pokemon.

You know. Typhlosion, togekiss (togepi?), ambipom (aipom), poliwrath (kinda politoed?), sudowoodo, sunflora? I dunno, just a thought.

I never realised that but know that you mention it yeah. However as i said the ones with slashes arent confirmed so i may only have Typhlosion and Togekiss by the time i reach the elite four. But to have a Gold like team would be pretty good too i guess since he goes and fights Arceus.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Since I don't have SS yet, I've dusted of Crystal.
team so far
Meganium
Togepi
Snubbull
Sentret
Marril (AKA: Pikablu)
Cubone
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Aha. Pikablu! Read that on bulbapedia (I was bored that day)

Ahhhh. Crystal. (you're battery still works?)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Pikablu...those were the (second) good ol days, just behind all of the crazy mew rumors. It's good being a first gen poke player, you experience it all!Yeah, the Cyrstal batteries last much longer than the gold and silver ones do (they fixed the clock problem when it was released). Mine works fine, too.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddess_of_Random Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:54 am

My copy of Silver still works just fine....
OMG! Pikablu! I remember that! *feels crazy old*

Anyways, just beat Morty and then just walked around Ecruteak City for the longest time because it is my favorite city in Johto!
I gots me a Quilava, Pidgeotto, Sudowoodo, Eevee, Pichu, and Wooper.
Goddess_of_Random
Goddess_of_Random
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Oh. My. Goshness. >w< I got it today! So many things went right. I was out of cash (and i don't start back up at my job til next week) but my gma was like, "I'll get it for you as an early xmas present." (Oh man I love that woman-- not only did she practically raise me, but she's putting me through college, and she bought me a car. I think my cousins hate me :C But I'm like, eh, you guys have competent parents and i still have to work to pay it all back to here so BACK OFF D8< )

And then i still had my DSLite up at college, but my sister dropped her DS in a toilet many moons ago (funniest and saddest thing that has ever happened) and was like, "Can you buy a charger so i can have Zoe's old DS?" (its a big ol fat thing with a scratched up screen courtesy of idiot pen-instead-of-stylus-using-younger-siblings) So when I went to ask the store clerk for one, he showed me a UNIVERSAL one O: so amazing! i can charge my old DS AND my DSLite with it, which means less chance of losing cords. X3

And then the guy was like, "The strategy guide is 10% off if you buy it with the game," and my gma just shrugged like, throw it onto the pile. XD

But they were all out of Lugia figurines (which you got when you pre-ordered SS) so I had to take a stoopid Ho-Oh figurine *pout*

Okay, but as far as the game goes, so far it just seems like Gold (which was my game of choice) only with better graphics and music. Which I guess was the point *shot* but I am just a smidge dissapointed. XD But I only just started, and I LOVE having my lil Cyndaquil, Qwen (who just HAD to be a boy darnit) follow me around and smile @ me. I haven't gotten far enough yet to transfer anyone onto my PokeWalker, but I am uber excited.

And that was a long pointless update on what's going on in Rain's life! *dashes off to play SS*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:25 pm

extremely early christmas gift. (isnt it still march? my bday tmrw btw ^^)

why disappointed? Isnt it the PERFECT game?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 pm

yea. it was the perfect game the first time. now it's just the perfect game with updated features. =_=;

and yea. it's xmas in march this year XD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWEETUMS!!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 am

WOO! X-mas in MARCH!!
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am

I still dont have either of the games >A> (feels like Im missing out XD)
THATS THE ONLY REGION I DONT HAVE... but my parents think Im too old for pokemon, but no one could be too old for pokemon, too bad the anime is depicted as a little kid show >A>
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:02 am

DaBeat, I'm 18 and when I was talking to my grandma about it she told me to grow up. So I said that I don't think video games should express immaturity, seeing as many are just as mentally and visually stimulating as any other game. I mean, look at chess. People OBSESS over chess, but no one calls them immature right? And IMO chess is just as mentally stimulating as Pokemon, seeing as the Pokemon games require things like problem solving and battle preparation skills.

Same goes for other games like Resident Evil, Poyo-Pop Fever, Tetris, Peggle, Sonic, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, etc. Any game that makes the player think and whatnot. That is, I don't think it should be used against them as a sign of immaturity, since really it fosters growth of certain aspects of maturity in players.

Now as far as being obsessive over the manga and anime and buying stuffed animals, i can see where she might have a point, lulz. XD It's a bit sad that things get lumped in together somtimes.

(TL;DR = OFF TOPIC O: )

BTW, I am getting disoriented by how buildings get taller and shrink when you are walking towards/away from them. XD IDK if anyone knows what I mean, but its like they put perspective in there for you, and it just makes me feel weird while I'm playing it.

Also, whenever you start a battle, they have your character do a throwing move, but they never actually throw a ball since your lead pkmn is walking with you. I thought maybe this was just a generic throw movement so that it didn't look odd later on when you throw out a different pokemon, but they don't show your player throwing then so... IDK I just thought it was weird lulz.

But I do love the game! I have a lvl 10 pidgey, a level 11 sentret, a lvl 12 Cyndaquil and i just traded for an Onix that was at 3 but is now up to 6. I'm one of those annoying people that likes to lvl up their pkmn as much as possible before reaching the next town. XD I usually put a limit at what they have to be before I can proceed, lulz. Anyone else do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 pm

I think that rather than a "throwing" motion, it's more like the trainer's just doing a pointing gesture to direct their pokemon.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team HG-SS Progress/Update thread - Page 3 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm

See part of the problem is this, video games in general are a newish phenomenon. They've only been around for the past 20ish years (give or take) and for the most part have always been asociated with children. I know for one my dad, who constatnly bashes on my love of video games as childish, still thinks of gaming in terms of pacman or donkey kong (which are great games, but to the people of that age they were more like toys...) which now, looking at recent games, videogames are more like their own artform. And many are geared towards adults. It's just the generation gap coming into effect that we have this problem. My dad always tells me that I could be spending money and time doing more productive activities, yet he himself spends his time doing leisure activities that he grew up with, he just doent see videogames in that type of light, as many don't.

But part of pokemon's main problem, I think, is that the show and merchandise are geared towards a young audience. When the fad first took roots (way back when my peers and I were 8 it took that age group by storm. It was embraced only as a fad, that would come and go within a year or so. And, in a way, it did. Just as many others did, I grew up past the tv show, and toys, cards, and (most, not couting Adventures) the comics. But I continue to play the games as they are just that, great videogames. However, when many think of pokemon, they only remember their elementary school years of watching a saturday morning cartoon.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 am

A point i must now prove is that Pokemon is staged for all years. If you can remember, the main character from red, blue and green are about ten. The main character of gold silver crystal was also ten. I think when the producers created pokemon, they intentionally thought ten year olds and younger would play, just as that boys would only play it. BUt as proven, girls and older people started playing. SO therefore, the main characters started to look older. Such as Brendan looks at least 14-16. DIamond looks older than ten maybe about 13. Therefore the producers decided to make older main charcaters in their late teens, allowing older people to believe they are even more in the game, instead of a 20 yr old playins as a ten year old.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitter Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:43 pm

YES!!! I bagged an awesome Raikou!

Raikou: Timid 30/15/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70

Next stop: Ho-oh! Hopefully, this one take as long.

Skitter

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 pm

My SS arrived. I'm liking it. Wandering about with my overlevelled Quilava. About to take on Azalea gym using a sentret cuz overlevelling is lame xD

edit: I was wondering why he opened with Scyther, then he OHKO'd my Sentret with U-turn and I understood D: I still think he should have a beedrill and butterfree though. But now my Quilava is even more overlevelled Sad

Supernova
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next