Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red catch Misty Gyarados

+15
Memieko
Supernova
MokaSooN
SkyStormKuja
Red_the_knight
The Black Glove
Mrtweetums
TheViolentTomboy
SilverKiyoko
Mylodon
Ama-chan
Aki11
Joyfulldreams
Nol
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Red catch Misty Gyarados Empty Red catch Misty Gyarados

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue May 11, 2010 11:53 am

We all know that you can't catch someone else pokemon. In the manga Red catch Misty Gyarados in Round 6 but in a later round Red said that's is very difficult to catch a pokémon that already belongs to another trainer which counteracting the fact that he caught Misty's Gyarados. So I'm wanteding if we should change it to that Red some how fines or gets a hold of Gyarados pokeball and use Gyara own pokeball to recatch it thouse fixxing the continuity error.

The only side effect is that Gyara pokeball have to be a Great Ball because the manga said that Gym Leaders are provided with Great Ball by the Pokémon Association.
https://2img.net/h/i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/SaiturtlesninjaNX/70bdaed6.jpg
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Red catch Misty Gyarados Empty Re: Red catch Misty Gyarados

Post by Nol Tue May 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Well, in the games, the main reason that a pokeball wouldn't capture other trainer's pokemon is because they would block the ball if you tried it. So maybe the Gyarados was fair game since Misty wasn't around to defend it?
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue May 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Misty was the original trainer anyways, so I don't think it really matters... ^_^; I don't want to change much of anything, I thought that was a bit weird too, but the manga does have a lot of real-world differences from the games. Physics and real-time strategy matters, and there is no real almighty force stopping you from catching a rouge pokemon that belongs to someone else and then giving that pokemon back to the original owner. ._.; I dunno, but I like that scene, and I don't want to over-complicate it.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Will that didn't really change anything we all know that you can't do that for whatever reason. People are stell going to wander how Red caught Misty Gyarados. Just to be on the safe side we should show Red catching Gyarados with it's own pokeball. It not a big change so we use a Great Ball instedit of a pokeball and if people ask we will say that Red used Gyarados pokeball to recatch it.

Joy they counteract it leter in the manga. The was still new at the time. If it's wasn't for the fact that they counteract it I wlounld want to change it ether. So have Red used Gyarados pokeball which is a Great Ball to recatch it isn't really changing that must of a change.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Tue May 11, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue May 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Uuuuuh....we'll have to talk about that when we get to it. XD Right now, I wanna focus on the first episode. >-<
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue May 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Even those we not the yet I do think It's a good idae the at least have notes like this so we know that we have them when we get there.

There was someone on YouTube that there way something that he hope we know about.
2:55 3:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Xc_xbsonI
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 am

my guess is that when team rocket stole misty's gyarados, it's treated as a case of "releasing" the pokemon in the games, in which the gyarados returns to being wild and red is able to capture it again. more in dept analysis would be comparing this to the case when all of red's pokeballs broke and he had to recapture all his pokemon into new pokeballs. What team rocket could have done is that they destroyed gyarados's pokeball once they stole it so that gyarados becomes wild again. And just because misty told red that gyarados is hers doesn't mean that it is hers at that time, because it could have been in the "wild" state when misty is battling it and what she's trying to do actually is to recapture it.

dunno, probably thinking too much tho<A<;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Wed May 12, 2010 6:57 am

Aki11 wrote:my guess is that when team rocket stole misty's gyarados, it's treated as a case of "releasing" the pokemon in the games, in which the gyarados returns to being wild and red is able to capture it again. more in dept analysis would be comparing this to the case when all of red's pokeballs broke and he had to recapture all his pokemon into new pokeballs. What team rocket could have done is that they destroyed gyarados's pokeball once they stole it so that gyarados becomes wild again. And just because misty told red that gyarados is hers doesn't mean that it is hers at that time, because it could have been in the "wild" state when misty is battling it and what she's trying to do actually is to recapture it.

dunno, probably thinking too much tho<A<;

Thats completely what I was going to say, lolz. Plus, if he used Gyara's pokeball, wouldn't he just be able to return in into the ball insted of having to catch it? I thing we should just have a really short explination as to why Gyara is wild at the time, and just keep it as him catching it... Otherwise, idk, it could be problamatic somehow, lolz.
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 7:23 am

oh, nice explanation, Aki. O:
we can just use that. xD wild state hm.. never thought about that..

anyway thanks for bringing this up, Sai~ >w>

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Wed May 12, 2010 11:52 am

That is a good explanation Aki. A broken pokeball turn Gyarados back to wild state but we are going to have to come up with a way to show that somehow. We can do that when we get there.

Lets just focus on the first episode for now.

I say this thread should still be open for when we get there or in case someone else come up with aonther explanation.

Ether way we are going to have explain on how Red catch Misty Gyarados.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 am

I think that isn't necessary tho, the fact that misty needs to recapture gyarados instead of using it's pokeball to return it already implies that it is wild and all. and honestly speaking i don't find it to be a loophole, thought it was pretty obvious actually...
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Thu May 13, 2010 8:12 am

It not that obvious. I find it to be error but it's a small error that can be fix with a short simble explanation. If we go with broken pokeball turn Gyarados back to wild state thing we still need to explain a lettle. Even if we have Misty say somewhere that Gyarados pokeball was broken a small explanation is better then nothing.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Fri May 14, 2010 2:04 am

But Misty wouldn't know what happened. Only team rocket knows what they actually did to Gyara.
If we put an explanation in there, the characters will be breaking the fourth wall.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverKiyoko Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 am

Wait. Even though it's not probable, some poeple saw that there have been some instances in the anime that shows that a broken pokeball=that pokemon becomes a wild one. Like when Jesse broke Dustox's pokeball so that it won't come back (not sure if anyone saw that episode). With the lack of pokemon fans, again, I doubt anyone saw it.
SilverKiyoko
SilverKiyoko

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 am

Mylodon wrote:But Misty wouldn't know what happened. Only team rocket knows what they actually did to Gyara.
If we put an explanation in there, the characters will be breaking the fourth wall.

When we we get this episode I still think we should have some kind of a explanation on how Red catch Misty Gyarados. If we don't and people start asking about on how Red catch Misty Gyarados will don't say I didn't told you guys so. Will anyways I'm should we can come up with a small explanation and how to put in.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheViolentTomboy Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 am

MAybe we can just add a few lines, something like this:

(Misty picks up the Pokeball and says it's hers)

Red: No way! Then how was I able to catch it?

Misty: I don't know. All I know is that my Gyarados disappeared one day...

There we go, no continuity errors. There are things we might have to change in the original script, if only because the author obviously couldn't see into the future at some points, like when Red declares that there are only 150 Pokemon. And there's the part where Red's Pika beats Brock's Onix with an eletric attack. I thought maybe we could change the attack to Bide.
TheViolentTomboy
TheViolentTomboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Fri May 14, 2010 3:57 pm

@TheViolentTomboy
That's a good line. I whould add something to make it fix better.

This could happen somewhere in the middle of this page here.

(Misty takes the Pokeball from Red and says it's hers)

Red catch Misty Gyarados 0810

Now this dose fix's the continuity errors and I think I got it in the rigth place.

Not for where Red's Pika beats Brock's Onix with an eletric attack. I don't we should change that. With Red's catching Misty gyarados we didn't realy change anything we just added a line to fix a continuity errors.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 pm

I think the fact that the gyarados was stolen from her gave enough of a point. It seemed too far fetched to mention the pokeball in my opinion. And speaking of loopholes... remember when green taught pika a non electric attack? It was called toxic tail strike, which wasn't a legit move at all. Maybe we could change that attack to iron tail instead? makes more sense, and it also sheds more light that there are actually more types (steel, in this case) of pokemon than red thinks there isC:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheViolentTomboy Sat May 15, 2010 4:06 am

But weren't steel types unconfirmed until the gsc arc when Jasmine showed her steelix? Pika does know bide and it's usually shown like an explosion coming out of the body so I thought pika could have been hit then blasted onix away.
TheViolentTomboy
TheViolentTomboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat May 15, 2010 7:00 am

Well, but they ARE confirmed now, and we might want to reflect that a bit in our version. XD

Hmm, when did Pika use 'toxic tail strike'? 0o Link?
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat May 15, 2010 8:04 am

here ya go: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/pok_mon_adventures/v02/c018/11.html

weird how kusaka went ta make some of his own moves during that timeXD;

and since green said non electric attacks, and iron tail is also a kinda tail attack, I dun see why not? lolXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Iron tail...I dunno...

but I remember reading (perhaps it was a different translation) that green taught pikachu toxic (not toxic tail strike O.o) in fact, pikachu can even learn toxic from a tm in red and blue.

Perhaps pikachu was only using toxic, and the author decided to show it by a tail whip. (I dunno, it feels kinda weird to use third gen attacks so early. Doesn't pikachu learn iron tail anyways in frlg?)

I think we should just keep everything in, and not change any continuity errors it may have. (unless it is really neccesary)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat May 15, 2010 3:39 pm

This is a continuity errors that can be easyly fix's with just adding one line. We are not really changing anything and yes I do think it's is neccesary for us to fix or explan continuity errors when they happen. Even if we put the explanation at the end credits or when we have a website we can explan it there or should we not have Red say that it's very difficult to catch a Pokémon that already belongs to another trainer in Round number 10 Danger: High Voltorb. People hate continuity errors when they happen. This continuity errors can be easyly fix without changing anything just by adding one line.

We are adapting this manga that's mean ones in a waile we may need to do something like this. It is one of are jobs to fine the best place and way to explan continuity errors with as little change as possible. As long as we explan continuity errors some how so people can see it.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat May 15, 2010 11:48 pm

While I understand that some continuity errors should be fixed, I also have to agree with aki on this one. The fact that it was stolen was good enough. (heck, when I was reading it, I didn't really notice a problem)

Violenttomboy: completely forgot about the obvious steel type difference. XP
as for bide...It's kinda weird. In the manga, pika was hit only by one rock (which didn't even seem to do a lot of damage to him), and then when he did bide, it would cause an automatic KO? I think we should just let it be. I do know that it's improper in the game mechanics, but no matter how close the manga is to the games, there are still going to be some issues.

As for the 150 pokemon thing...that perhaps should be discussed. Even if we were to say that there are only 149+mew, mewtwo being 151 would be weird. (and how would the pokedex even correctly analyze it? If it was a clone, wouldn't it label it as mew? Unless...professor oak knew all along!)

though they may also be another issues that we have to roll past. We can't fix all the holes in the story.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Red catch Misty Gyarados Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun May 16, 2010 12:29 am

hmm toxic, sounds good enough for me tooX33 I'm fine about going with that (iron tail still sounds fine to me, but tweetums ya convinced me with ur explanationsC: )
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next