Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red catch Misty Gyarados

+15
Memieko
Supernova
MokaSooN
SkyStormKuja
Red_the_knight
The Black Glove
Mrtweetums
TheViolentTomboy
SilverKiyoko
Mylodon
Ama-chan
Aki11
Joyfulldreams
Nol
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Empty Re: Red catch Misty Gyarados

Post by MokaSooN Fri May 20, 2011 10:16 pm

In my opinion, leave him in the pokeball, not great ball... why? because if is a great ball then you have to change all scenes where gyarados appear in the pokeball, ONWARDS! I now Mysty gives Red the Gyarados, that means it still inside the great ball, so that means all scenes where Red chose Gyara, it should be a great ball instead of a pokeball....

I don't know if you guys get me?
MokaSooN
MokaSooN
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Bg10

http://mokasoon.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 pm

I kinda get it...you wanna keep him in his pokeball, because if we change it to a great ball, we'll have to change all the following scenes with gyarados in his pokeball into gyarados in a great ball?

Was that your point?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 pm

I don't even remember Gyara appearing in a Great Ball... maybe I forgot... Anyways, it makes logical sense either way- Red caught Gyara for Misty in a Pokeball, but since Misty uses Great Balls, she likely would have swapped the Pokeball Gyara was kept in, assuming that switching the ball is possible (there is no evidence in any Pokemon canon suggesting either way)

Now, let's do a recap of all the issues and our options to solve them. Keep in mind that there is always the option to leave it as is without explaining anything.

Pika Vs Onix

1.) Pika uses Bide. It survives several attacks from Onix, then blasts it backwards. KO. Unlikely, seeing as how you receive the TM for Bide by beating Brock (maybe Brock can be amazed how it learned the technique despite not having ever seen it), and the fact that Red saved it from a Skull Bash seconds earlier, only to have it be a punching bag is a bit counter-productive, especially since the Pokemon Center is burned down.

2.) Pika uses Quick Attack. The little rodent is too fast for Onix, and chips away it's health. KO.

3.) Pika stands on the edge of the ring during a repeat of Onix's Skull Bash, leading Brock to believe it has nowhere to run. As Onix closes in, Pika uses Flash. The bright light blinds Onix and the bystanders, and while they are blinded, Pika leaps over Onix to land in the ring. Onix's forward momentum from Skull Bash carries it out of the ring, the only time in the entire series where a trainer loses by Ring Out (although Red's Lax came close during the fight with Green). Oddly enough, this move makes complete sense, since Pika is seen using it in "Vs. Rhyhorn" to light up the cave (meaning it was possible it knew the move before the fight), and it is possible to use Flash without the Boulderbadge in battle.

4.) Pika uses a series of Thundershocks that collide all at once. The blast releases a shock wave that cancels out the ones that Onix is supposedly generating. The sudden loss of control causes Onix great strain in its spinning, causing it to crumble. KO. It works when you consider that lightning bolts technically cause a massive amount of kinetic energy, but still feels a little awkward.

5.) Pika shocks the Gym's Sprinklers, like Ash did in the Anime. Rock is weak to water. KO.

6.) Although it's as bad as Iron Tail, Hidden Power is also a possible attack (although since Pika never uses it against Giovanni...it leaves people wondering, and then we have another plot hole.)

7.) Deus Ex Pikachu. AKA "Aim for the Horn!" KO.

Red Captures Gyara

1.) Since Gyara was captured, it is possible it wasn't kept in a Pokeball in the first place (in a flashback with Blaine, it's being held in a giant fish tank of sorts). Hence, it would have been possible to capture.

2.) Team Rocket, having stolen Gyara's Great Ball, runs off with it and experiment on it. Misty has been trying to track them down for months, and finally chases after [a Grunt/Blaine/Giovanni], who has Gyara's Great Ball. Misty demands he return it, and he smiles and says she can have the "failure" back. He releases the Gyarados, then crushes the Great Ball beneath his foot. While Misty fights Gyara, he sneaks off. Red arrives later, and because Gyara's Great Ball was destroyed, he is able to capture it in a Pokeball.

Pika VS Rhyhorn

1.) Well, if we look to the original manga, Pika mixes in a bunch of rubble with its electric attacks, and sends them hurtling at Rhyhorn when they first meet. Since it took a massive attack beforehand, Bide seems like a safe bet.

2.) We could also assume Pika used Thundershock to blast the rocks away and send them flying at Rhyhorn. Just sayin.

3.) Red uses Saur or Poli instead, since they have a type advantage.

Pika VS Rhydon

1.) Again, Bide seems like a safe bet. Pika takes a full-on Stomp from a very large and heavy Pokemon, so then it blasts itself out. The following blast releases enough kinetic energy into the ground to throw Pika into the air, where it bounds off the walls with Quick Attack, weakening the rocks to cause the celing to cave in.

2.) Pika could also use Thundershock to blast away the area under Rhydon's foot, giving it enough space to dash off with Quick Attack.

1a+2a.) In both scenarios, Quick Attack can be replaced with Thundershock, with the shockwave blasting away the rocks to cause the cave-in.

3.) Red uses Saur or Poli instead, since they have a type advantage. This can also be supported by Poli being the one who carries Staryu out.

Last edited by The Black Glove on Sat May 21, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Script Team Voice Team Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 pm

"Pika uses Hidden Power! It's Super-Effective! Onix has fainted!"

Although, for the Rhyhorn/Rhydon battle, I just don't like how Red even sends out Pika to begin with to try to win when he already has Saur and Poli for the type advantage.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Sat May 21, 2011 4:18 pm

@Nol: I edited with your points. I also noticed that Poli appears at the end of the chapter carrying Misty's Staryu as Red carries Misty, making it more likely for that to happen.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Mon May 23, 2011 8:00 am

If they're going to animate Pikachu against Onix, make sure to have Pikachu user Thundershock on Onix's horn. I don't know how it keeps bypassing a ground type, but it sure beats the heck out of Onix.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:20 pm

I hate to revive an old thread, but I was on Tvtropes recently (god, I love that site), and I came across the PokeSpe Headscratchers Topic. And some people have already asked some questions about these plotholes, with usual logical explanations.

When reading one's question on how pikachu defeated onix, one troper said:
Actually, Onix was in the air at that point of time, and in many Pokemon adaptions, Ground types can't become immune to the effects of electricity if they're not touching the ground.

I think its a logical explanation (though kinda weak in some cases), but logical enough that I feel we would'nt have to change it. (I dunno...it makes sense to me! And I don't want to deviate too far from the author's original ideas) But of course, if people would rather go with the ideas we've already brought up in the topic ('cause we've already had some perfectly logical deviations that make pika vs onix make more sense), then that would be fine as well!

And also, for the rhydon one, another troper said:
The Rhydon was defeated when the cave ceiling fell, it wasn't technically Pikachu defeating him, but more like winning Red and Misty time to escape.

Which makes sense as well. I dunno, I think Tvtropes has some pretty good explanations for some logical mistakes in the manga! So for some of the plot holes, we wouldn't have to change the source material too much! (so if anyone wants to see what else they covered, here ya go!) http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Headscratchers/Ptitled53fvupl
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:46 pm

There are actually a number of reasons I've seen for electric attacks hitting ground types.

1.) Rhyhorn/don's horn is supposedly a weakpoint. Makes sense, when you consider that drills are metallic, but it makes the Lightningrod ability very weird, especially since in the FRLG Chapter, Green uses the Lightningrod ability to protect his Pokemon from Pika's electric attacks without Rhydon being harmed.

2.) In the anime, I'm pretty sure there was a scene where Pikachu is able to shock a Cubone that isn't holding it's bone. Cubone (and it's evolved form, Marowak) both can have the Lightningrod ability as well, so it makes sense.

3.) The ONLY instance in which I remember something being more affected by electric attacks because it was in mid-air is when Pikachu battled Treecko. Brock even explained in the episode that grass-types only have that resistance when they are planted on the ground, so leaping into the air left it vulnerable.

Also:
The Rhydon was defeated when the cave ceiling fell, it wasn't technically Pikachu defeating him, but more like winning Red and Misty time to escape.
Rhydon was never shown to be KO'd or not. It was simply cut off from Red and Misty when the passage was blocked. The question is how Pika could have affected Rhyhorn, or caused the cave-in.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Well, I agree with 1) and 2) making sense for electricity affecting ground, but they would definitely be unpopular reasons to use, especially because of fan negativity to the "Aim for the horn"/Lightning Rod ability fiasco. And I was always wondering about the whole Grass resistance over Electricity, but I guess the "mid-air" solution with Onix wouldn't make more sense to other viewers.

And I agree with you! After re-reading that chapter (I really need to review some of the RGB arc), while Rhydon and Team Rocket is indeed cut off from Red and Misty in the fight, Pikachu does at least shock Rhyhorn once, with a major effect on him. So there is still an issue with that. But, I do believe your solution with Bide would be a viable answer, especially with the above-mentioned Stomp by Rhyhorn.

So, I guess we should just stick with some of our solutions, huh? ^^
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:36 pm

What I was or am planning to do at present:

The Black Glove wrote:

Pika Vs Onix

1.) Pika uses Bide. It survives several attacks from Onix, then blasts it backwards. KO. Unlikely, seeing as how you receive the TM for Bide by beating Brock (maybe Brock can be amazed how it learned the technique despite not having ever seen it), and the fact that Red saved it from a Skull Bash seconds earlier, only to have it be a punching bag is a bit counter-productive, especially since the Pokemon Center is burned down.

2.) Pika uses Quick Attack. The little rodent is too fast for Onix, and chips away it's health. KO.

3.) Pika stands on the edge of the ring during a repeat of Onix's Skull Bash, leading Brock to believe it has nowhere to run. As Onix closes in, Pika uses Flash. The bright light blinds Onix and the bystanders, and while they are blinded, Pika leaps over Onix to land in the ring. Onix's forward momentum from Skull Bash carries it out of the ring, the only time in the entire series where a trainer loses by Ring Out (although Red's Lax came close during the fight with Green). Oddly enough, this move makes complete sense, since Pika is seen using it in "Vs. Rhyhorn" to light up the cave (meaning it was possible it knew the move before the fight), and it is possible to use Flash without the Boulderbadge in battle.

4.) Pika uses a series of Thundershocks that collide all at once. The blast releases a shock wave that cancels out the ones that Onix is supposedly generating. The sudden loss of control causes Onix great strain in its spinning, causing it to crumble. KO. It works when you consider that lightning bolts technically cause a massive amount of kinetic energy, but still feels a little awkward.

5.) Pika shocks the Gym's Sprinklers, like Ash did in the Anime. Rock is weak to water. KO.

6.) Although it's as bad as Iron Tail, Hidden Power is also a possible attack (although since Pika never uses it against Giovanni...it leaves people wondering, and then we have another plot hole.)

7.) Deus Ex Pikachu. AKA "Aim for the Horn!" KO.

Pika blasts onix apart as in manga, can be drawn upon as an example of unpredictability in battles. That scene was cool, and I don't wanna change it . . . we will if people in general are against the whole electric move KOs a ground type thing. My opinion is that as the manga left fans going wtf happened, we can do the same Smile if we feel the need to hrow in a reference and explanation a little later, it can be the whole ground type can sometimes be affected by eletric attacks in midair, but they have a tendency to remain grounded.

[/quote]Red Captures Gyara

1.) Since Gyara was captured, it is possible it wasn't kept in a Pokeball in the first place (in a flashback with Blaine, it's being held in a giant fish tank of sorts). Hence, it would have been possible to capture.

2.) Team Rocket, having stolen Gyara's Great Ball, runs off with it and experiment on it. Misty has been trying to track them down for months, and finally chases after [a Grunt/Blaine/Giovanni], who has Gyara's Great Ball. Misty demands he return it, and he smiles and says she can have the "failure" back. He releases the Gyarados, then crushes the Great Ball beneath his foot. While Misty fights Gyara, he sneaks off. Red arrives later, and because Gyara's Great Ball was destroyed, he is able to capture it in a Pokeball.[/quote]

the second one, gyara is released at some point or other, else counts as released. We could leave it as mysterious, e.g. 'wait, this is your pokemon? how come i could catch it with my pokeball then?' '... dunno' 'guess you don;t count as its owner if it's attacking you' . . . well, something smoother than that.

Pika VS Rhyhorn

1.) Well, if we look to the original manga, Pika mixes in a bunch of rubble with its electric attacks, and sends them hurtling at Rhyhorn when they first meet. Since it took a massive attack beforehand, Bide seems like a safe bet.

2.) We could also assume Pika used Thundershock to blast the rocks away and send them flying at Rhyhorn. Just sayin.

3.) Red uses Saur or Poli instead, since they have a type advantage.

It's electro rock throw.

Pika VS Rhydon

1.) Again, Bide seems like a safe bet. Pika takes a full-on Stomp from a very large and heavy Pokemon, so then it blasts itself out. The following blast releases enough kinetic energy into the ground to throw Pika into the air, where it bounds off the walls with Quick Attack, weakening the rocks to cause the celing to cave in.

2.) Pika could also use Thundershock to blast away the area under Rhydon's foot, giving it enough space to dash off with Quick Attack.

1a+2a.) In both scenarios, Quick Attack can be replaced with Thundershock, with the shockwave blasting away the rocks to cause the cave-in.

3.) Red uses Saur or Poli instead, since they have a type advantage. This can also be supported by Poli being the one who carries Staryu out.

electricity to propel away, then causes cave in. good opportunity to say something electricity effectiveness against ground types.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Red catch Misty Gyarados - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:17 am

Supernova wrote:What I was or am planning to do at present:

Pika blasts onix apart as in manga, can be drawn upon as an example of unpredictability in battles. That scene was cool, and I don't wanna change it . . . we will if people in general are against the whole electric move KOs a ground type thing. My opinion is that as the manga left fans going wtf happened, we can do the same Smile if we feel the need to throw in a reference and explanation a little later, it can be the whole ground type can sometimes be affected by eletric attacks in midair, but they have a tendency to remain grounded.

Ah. Touche. Still, it has always been a point of fan arguing over electric attacks affecting ground types.

the second one, gyara is released at some point or other, else counts as released. We could leave it as mysterious, e.g. 'wait, this is your pokemon? how come i could catch it with my pokeball then?' '... dunno' 'guess you don;t count as its owner if it's attacking you'... well, something smoother than that.
I still like the idea of foreshadowing Giovanni or Blaine here. It gives us an introduction to our main villains, and gives the Gym Leaders more of a direct connection to them.

It's electro rock throw.
I'm sorry, but I simply cannot agree with you on this one.

electricity to propel away, then causes cave in. good opportunity to say something electricity effectiveness against ground types.
At this point, we'd probably have to say that electricity has some sort of explosive properties- which makes sense somewhat, when you consider how a lightning bolt works in real life. Still, the level of electricity it's producing would have to be pretty ridiculously high, which is why I suggest using Bide.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 am

=

It's electro rock throw.

-->

I'm sorry, but I simply cannot agree with you on this one.

. . . ?

Supernova
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 am

Maybe you guys should stick with Pikachu shocks Onix's horn, and then explode Onix's body all over. Like Rhydon's horn, it's always the weak point.

I do agree with The Black Glove:
Electro Rock Throw. True that electric attacks go through Rock Pokemon, but I doubt using Pikachu's thundershock to hurl the rock back at Onix won't work. Onix is both Rock and Ground, and Ground types take low damage from Rock Pokemon.

Hey, The Black Glove, maybe you should put some notes just in case the audience starts asking questions.

As for Misty's Gyarados, don't forget she gets it back, but will give Red Gyarados for Red's Krabby. Gyarados was abducted by Team Rocket, and I do believe the word you're looking for about Gyarados in a big tank might be called an "Aquarium". Blaine releases the Gyarados since Misty arrives, and then that Gyarados runs off as a wild Pokemon again.

It fits!
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Red_the_knight wrote:Maybe you guys should stick with Pikachu shocks Onix's horn, and then explode Onix's body all over. Like Rhydon's horn, it's always the weak point.
Which is the problem we are trying to avoid- The fans hated that about the original anime, and it's something I hate too. Not to mention, in the FRLG chapter, Green takes advantage of Rhyhorn's Lightningrod ability (though it's horn) to prevent Pika's attacks from working. Even in the anime, Brock's Onix is unaffected by electric attacks.

I do agree with The Black Glove:
Electro Rock Throw. True that electric attacks go through Rock Pokemon, but I doubt using Pikachu's thundershock to hurl the rock back at Onix won't work. Onix is both Rock and Ground, and Ground types take low damage from Rock Pokemon.
The reason it wouldn't work is because Pika's Thundershock is a thread of high-voltage electricity that jumps from its cheeks to a target, and then through the target. There is nothing to suggest that an electric attack would be able to hurl rocks or cause an explosion. There's no combustion reaction involved. It just hurts to have thousands of volts pumping through your body.

Hey, The Black Glove, maybe you should put some notes just in case the audience starts asking questions.
I'd rather not have any questions like this to have to answer in the first place.

As for Misty's Gyarados, don't forget she gets it back, but will give Red Gyarados for Red's Krabby. Gyarados was abducted by Team Rocket, and I do believe the word you're looking for about Gyarados in a big tank might be called an "Aquarium".
I'm sorry, but what was it that suggested that I didn't know that? There is nothing in this thread suggesting I was unaware.

Blaine releases the Gyarados since Misty arrives, and then that Gyarados runs off as a wild Pokemon again. It fits!
Yes, which is one of my points on how it works that has been repeated to the death. I suggested it would be more dramatic and include some foreshadowing for the Team Rocket members, seeing as how we've only seen them once, and we don't really get introduced to Koga when he appears.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:50 am

The Black Glove wrote:
Which is the problem we are trying to avoid- The fans hated that about the original anime, and it's something I hate too. Not to mention, in the FRLG chapter, Green takes advantage of Rhyhorn's Lightningrod ability (though it's horn) to prevent Pika's attacks from working. Even in the anime, Brock's Onix is unaffected by electric attacks.

*Thinks* Hmm. You do have a point. During Generation I, it's only ground types that become immune. And In Generation III, Rhyhorn's Lightning Ability did appear to have electric type attacks hit only Rhyhorn, and that does nothing. The lightning attack only hits around the body, not the horn. I need to have a look at the manga book.

*Looks at book* Hmm. The book shows Pikachu charges electricity, and then charges at Onix when Onix is charging at both Pikachu and Red. And then Pikachu releases the attack when Onix wasn't looking or paying attention. Did Pikachu somehow collide with Onix, and then release the attack, or just blinded Onix with Flash, and then strike the attack?
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 pm

If Onix is rushing Red and Pika head-on, it's going to be paying attention to it's target. That's why my suggestion of using Flash works; If Onix's eyes are trained solely on Pika, then the Flash that illuminates from it's body is going to be guaranteed to hit. Pika then uses it's smaller body and higher speed to move out of the way, and Onix loses by ring-out.

Also, if you read the Red Vs Green fight in the FRLG Arc, the electricity gathers specifically into Rhydon's Horn- its supposed weak point. That's part of the reason for all my alternate suggestions.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:29 pm

So, the Flash blinds Onix, and it either hits the small ring spots, or bounces around the ring like a blind mole digging underground. Okay. That should work.

And as for Misty's Gyarados, I do believe the topic is supposed to show how did Gyarados end up as a wild Pokemon again, and Red catches it. Blaine experiments, but feels guilty and sets it free to become a wild Pokemon again.

Now you have the plots for both Pikachu beating Onix, and Red captures Misty's Gyarados. Black Glove, it is to say, you are a genius. I hope by chance if the PokeSpeAni reaches to Episode 5: I wanna do my best impression of Onix and Graveler.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Glove Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Hold it. We still haven't covered the topic of how Misty knew where Gyarados was. If Blaine just let Gyarados go free, there would have been a lot of commotion about a crazed Gyarados, and Team Rocket and other trainers probably would have shown up. Having Misty alone makes no sense. There's also the fact that Blaine was there during the Mew Capture story, and he didn't leave Team Rocket until after the creation of Mewtwo.

This is why I suggested having Blaine, Giovanni, or some other high-ranking Rocket in the area to drop it off. Misty hears something about Team Rocket being active in the area, she goes to investigate alone, hoping to find a lead to her stolen Gyarados, and she runs into Blaine/Giovanni, who forces her to fight her own beloved Pokemon. The Rocket then retreats, explaining why Red does not see Giovanni/Blaine until later. Not having the will to fight what is likely her strongest Pokemon, Misty is thrashed until Red comes along.
The Black Glove
The Black Glove
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:29 pm

What are you talking about? Misty explained the whole situation about her Gyarados. It was stolen by Team Rocket, and then it re-appeared to her some time later, so she tracked it down alone.
See these pages:
http://jb2448.info/Pokemon_Adventures_01/pokemonadventures_006/PA1_Chapter_Six08
http://jb2448.info/Pokemon_Adventures_01/pokemonadventures_006/PA1_Chapter_Six09

She's all alone because it's rampaging in the wild fields, not in an area with lots of people, and anyone who did see it would've ran away anyways. Team Rocket wouldn't be around either, because one of their traits about how they treat Pokemon is that they pay no mind whatsoever about what happens to the Pokemon they capture and release, so they have no reason to be around it either. They let it go in the wild and forgot about it, simple as that. No use expanding filler scenes to it, when it's not a key plot point. In fact, it would even be contradictory to the story if she searched the area because she heard about or saw Team Rocket members there, since she's supposed to not have a clue about them too, which is why Red and Misty talk to Professor Oak to find out about them.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:05 pm

The Black Glove wrote:
Hold it. We still haven't covered the topic of how Misty knew where Gyarados was. If Blaine just let Gyarados go free, there would have been a lot of commotion about a crazed Gyarados, and Team Rocket and other trainers probably would have shown up. Having Misty alone makes no sense. There's also the fact that Blaine was there during the Mew Capture story, and he didn't leave Team Rocket until after the creation of Mewtwo.

This is why I suggested having Blaine, Giovanni, or some other high-ranking Rocket in the area to drop it off. Misty hears something about Team Rocket being active in the area, she goes to investigate alone, hoping to find a lead to her stolen Gyarados, and she runs into Blaine/Giovanni, who forces her to fight her own beloved Pokemon. The Rocket then retreats, explaining why Red does not see Giovanni/Blaine until later. Not having the will to fight what is likely her strongest Pokemon, Misty is thrashed until Red comes along.

Oh. Right. My Apologizes. If Gyarados was released, then Gyarados would have wreck the town the town. Maybe you should have Gyarados carried in one spot, and have Giovanni (in a shadow) to see if Misty can try and take her Gyarados back. I don't know if Misty did meet Blaine for the first time, but it's hard to go in a specific timeline.

Nol wrote:
What are you talking about? Misty explained the whole situation about her Gyarados. It was stolen by Team Rocket, and then it re-appeared to her some time later, so she tracked it down alone.

So you're saying Gyarados just appeared in front of Misty some time while? I'm guessing Misty went off on her own to find Gyarados, and then found it later. How long does it take to have Gyarados become examine and then released out?
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

(concerning onyx) Anyone have issues with: Pika KOs Onix with electric attack -- electricity magnetises chunks of iron in Onix's segments --> segments repel one another so Onix is blown apart --> Onix is unable to battle/KOd by the blasting and subsequent collision --> Red and Pika win --- OR --- electricity causes superheating of pockets of air (or similar) in Onix's body --> rapid expansion = explosions --> Onix is blown apart blah blah blah. In either case I would not be inclined to explain the reasoning within the episode, simply because it would be tedious and detract from the episode in general.

Supernova
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Red_the_knight wrote:So you're saying Gyarados just appeared in front of Misty some time while?

She pretty much says so herself. It returned to her, but it wasn't kind anymore, and instead went on a rampage. After that, she just followed its path of destruction, which lead to the battle she was having that Red came across.

How long does it take to have Gyarados become examine and then released out?

A week, apparently.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Actually, nova, that's a pretty good explanation! (but I remember the second one...was it already presented?)

I like your first example! It's simple, and makes enough sense to work! Although I can't say I agree with your descision not to explain anything (I agree it would be tedious and detract from the pacing of the episode), but maybe some kind of semblance of an acknowledgement to this fact could occur. (even if rushed, otherwise fans wouldn't agree with the theory, and say we made it up afterwards, because it wasn't in the actual episode)

but those are my thoughts on that. Honestly, you guys have thought of some really strong solutions to the plotholes of the manga, and that's really great!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Supernova wrote:
(concerning onyx) Anyone have issues with: Pika KOs Onix with electric attack -- electricity magnetises chunks of iron in Onix's segments --> segments repel one another so Onix is blown apart --> Onix is unable to battle/KOd by the blasting and subsequent collision --> Red and Pika win --- OR --- electricity causes superheating of pockets of air (or similar) in Onix's body --> rapid expansion = explosions --> Onix is blown apart blah blah blah. In either case I would not be inclined to explain the reasoning within the episode, simply because it would be tedious and detract from the episode in general.

*Stops Supernova* No! No. We're good. We're covered. We're going with Pikachu blinds Onix, and Onix goes nuts crashing each edge ring, and then out of the ring for a total KO. Right? *Turns at The Black Glove*

Nol wrote:
She pretty much says so herself. It returned to her, but it wasn't kind anymore, and instead went on a rampage. After that, she just followed its path of destruction, which lead to the battle she was having that Red came across.

A week, apparently.

*Thinks* Hmm. So the big Atrocious changes skin, except from Team Rocket (Trying to make a metaphor. Sorry if its bad)

Then the option is Team Rocket captures the Gyarados, Misty tracks down her Gyarados for a week, Team Rocket experiments with Blaine and Giovanni, and Giovanni puts Gyarados out of nowhere in front of Misty. Perhaps a roar could be added as a zing, or not.

Is this clear?
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Red_the_knight wrote:We're going with Pikachu blinds Onix, and Onix goes nuts crashing each edge ring, and then out of the ring for a total KO. Right? *Turns at The Black Glove*

While I did say that I felt that certain things could be changed to fix some of the more glaring plotholes, I still do believe that we should keep in line with canon somehow. (so even though this solution is definitely viable, I think we should stick to canon in a way)

Because onix was defeated by the electricity, I think we should try to retain that in a way. I believe nova's worked well (and the ring out does seem kind of complicated...after all, isn't there a large crowd of people in the audience? I'm not sure they could avoid a giant falling onix).

But of course, this is all my opinion. (what can I say? I'm kind of a purist) If other people disagree, then I'll be fine with it. But I think that we should keep other options open for now! ^^
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next