Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Black/White

+20
Goomba_Z
martianunicorn
Ama-chan
dirksies
ocean2292
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Nikuda64
Supernova
Aki11
~Dewy~
Hotrod198
ElvisDitto
Joyfulldreams
whatthechuck3
Obsessed Gamer
Mylodon
littlmiget123
Marley
Mrtweetums
dabeatmaster123
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon Black/White

Post by Hotrod198 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Well it's possible however i think the Psychic type was meant to be their version of light. However, many people say light can beat dark and vice versa. So it is possible that White has a legendary light type while black has a legendary dark type.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikuda64 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Ya know what would be so could to do is if there was some kind of contest of creating new pokemon, it'd be pretty interesting and all we know is theres two new pokemon from the new gen and thats it. so there might be a chance for that as well!
Nikuda64
Nikuda64

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:28 pm

It would be cool for the contest. However it aint going to happen. The games are already in their Beta Stage (I think it goes beta then to the one we buy) so all the pokemon and towns have been decided. However if they decide to do a sixth gen (Which im hoping they will) they go look on deviantart and look at all the awesome fakemon on their. People could ake a small profit from selling them to nintendo. However they wanna stick to their possible stupid designs. I feel sorry for all of us for when they're gonna disappoint us with some ridiculous pokeon which look more like Neopets.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikuda64 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 pm

ya got a point there, but all that means is that we still got time to actually create one when they really DO make a sixth gen. now what im really curious is what legendaries are there and what is the story of the new game all about. it might be possible they'll bring the reverse world into the new gen as some big disaster like you normally see in digimon with the whole world collision and all. >~< i can't wait to learn more about this game!!!
Nikuda64
Nikuda64

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey that might not actually be a bad idea. That contest forum's pretty barren. It doesn't have to be for the 6th gen, it could just be for fun!
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Yeah so do i. I actually hope that they let you choose if you want to be a trainer, coordinator or commander or leader for the evil team. But if Black and White do come out on the new DS with the 3D capabilities, i hope they use the contests so u design how the attacks move. Eg having a water gun spiral into the air then the pokemon jumps up and makes the water explode. That would be so cool! And if u were a grunt or somethin for the bad guy, you could actually steal pokemon and use them to make profit. Or if they dont let u be a grunt, a cop or someone who works undercover. And on a side note, could black and white actually be the return of Giovanni maybe? It is possible and they make him search for his son, Silver this time instead of just using pokemon to make money. Its unlikely but possible.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Guys, let's all be realistic. This does sound like a fanboy's pokemon dream, but pokemon will not do that. Also think of the hardware capabilities. (exploding water? ...O.o) it'll be the same forever, until the audience wants something new.

For now, I think it can be assured that nintendo will not change anything. And console pokemon games seem like the closeset thing to that (but battle revolution? ><)

Though a game I am excited about is pokepark wii: pikachu's adventure. You actually get to play as a pikachu in a rpg world, and have pokemon battles with running around, jumping and even using attacks (like jumping and doing iron tail. ^^) you can fight pokemon like scyther, and it's the closeset thing to actually playing as the pokemon! You can dodge their attacks and such. I believe it has a lotta potential!

But for the handhelds, seems like it'll always be an rpg.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm reminded of that one time when maplestory held a design a boss monster contest and the winner gets to have their design becoming a boss mob in the "singapore" world or something.

But nintendo and maplestory are totally different stuff, but just sayin, it kinda happened before for other companies, so why not nintendo?

and tweets, that sounds so interesting>W< It always bothered me that missing/dodging in the pokemon games are always by luck, not really by skill. But that sounds game sounds to me like, I need the skill to be able to do the stuff i want, I like the sound of that<W<
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Here's the trailer I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4WfE8o3fGE

Not only does it have unlimited cuteness potential (pikachu lover right here), but pay attention to the battles shown.

Pikachu shocking a scyther? Running from a mamoswine? Iron tailing a blastoise? It's all here!

I think it's the closest thing to a first person 3d pokemon game. (or maybe I'm just hyping it up myself)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 pm

the first person 3D game really gives me the wowsOwO i would love to play it someday lolXDDD

*pikachu lover as well**shot*XD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:27 pm

It's technically the sequal to the previous pika games (hey you pikachu, and channel) but this time you actually CONTROL pikachu, the others were more like V-pets...without the digital mess, lol. Looks cool.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Sweet! By looking around on serebii, I have some good news.

It seems like black/white have some secret involving the legendary beasts (probably involves the new pokemon movie...) And if you bring the legendary beasts in from HGSS to black/white, a new event will happen! (finally! Some more exposition on the legendary dogs!)

Judging by this announcement, I think it seems like you can properly trade pokemon from the 4th gen to the 5th! (no worries, joy!) ^^
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, unless you can't trade them back, like pal park. Duhn, duhn, duhn!!!

Lol. But according to bulbapedia, Pokemon Sunday has stated that B/W will have full 3D movement. That's a little vague, but could that possibly mean a pannable cammera? O_O
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Well, I don't know, that screenshot of the city looked like it might have been panned.
Which would be AWESOME. O:

Edit: This screenshot here shows the city being circular. Hm.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:49 am

I think in the end, no matter what they change or don't change, I'll still love the 5th gen games. Though... seeing my Latios in 3D would really make me smile~ X3
Not to mention, I can't wait to see if they've brought in any new attacks or abillities. I love trying to build stratergies around new game dinamics~ (though when they seperated the physical from Special stuff in D/P, half my Uber pokemon were rendered useless ;~; )

Any guesses on what types of new moves and things they might bring in? I'm hoping for a non-normal type move that does the same thing as Endevor, or an ability that causes Freezing~

Ps: Thanks for the link Tweetums! The pokepark game looks really fun; but then again, I said the same thing about Pokemon Dash... ^^;
All the same, I'm still going to buy it when it eventually hits Australia~ X3 *is a pika-fan too
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 am

First Video Footage of ‘Pokemon Black’ and ‘White’ on ‘Pokemon Sunday’

This shows that city being very circular >.<
It looks pretty cool but it's one wierd city.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Pokemon Black/White - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:20 am

It could be a city on a small island which miraculously takes up the size of the island. O.O
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:11 am

I think it's a bummer they're still showing that ugly city. >> I want to see some pretty places or maybe some surfing.

Also, did you see how in the battle scene they pointed out the buildings in the background? That's pretty cool...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 am

hm.. quite unrelated, but.. The title is Pokemon Black/White right? Even for japanese versions. So the characters will be called Black/White too. But the original games, Red/Green/Blue, the titles are Aka/Midori/Ao for jap versions? But Red's name is Red in the manga. I'm only wondering.. >A> ignore me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 am

irisfate19 wrote:hm.. quite unrelated, but.. The title is Pokemon Black/White right? Even for japanese versions. So the characters will be called Black/White too. But the original games, Red/Green/Blue, the titles are Aka/Midori/Ao for jap versions? But Red's name is Red in the manga. I'm only wondering.. >A> ignore me.
Yep, that's how it is. It carries over from the games, where Red was the default name for the player character in Aka.
At least that's what I'm guessing. I mean, I know that was his name, but I'm assuming that's why it's how it is in the manga.

Anyway, I love the city. ;o; It looks so pretty and... city-ish. None of the cities in Pokémon have ever really looked appropriately city-ish in my opinion. >>
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 am

I thought Goldenrod looked awesome, but that's just me. >w>

And Celadon totally looked like a city! The cobblestone paths, the excess of people (like 5 of em!) and the really tall building in the middle of it. *sigh* It was a city in my imagination.

One thing about the newer games that annoys me is the aim for realism-ish-ness. Next thing you know they're going to start adding cut scenes and make it for the playstation/xbox, and we'll have Final Fantasy - Dawn of the Pokemon on our hands. >>

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:19 am

Hmmm...I'm not that impressed with the new black/white footage. Either than adding backdrops in the battle and such, it's not that different.

And, I dislike the circular city thing. I've seen games with backgrounds like that which gave me headaches pretty quickly. But perhaps I'm just being judgemental.

There's still a lot more to be shown! Amaze me and prove me wrong, nintendo!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvisDitto Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 am

RainbowMunchies wrote:I thought Goldenrod looked awesome, but that's just me. >w>

And Celadon totally looked like a city! The cobblestone paths, the excess of people (like 5 of em!) and the really tall building in the middle of it. *sigh* It was a city in my imagination.

One thing about the newer games that annoys me is the aim for realism-ish-ness. Next thing you know they're going to start adding cut scenes and make it for the playstation/xbox, and we'll have Final Fantasy - Dawn of the Pokemon on our hands. >>
Pokemon will appear one day on a full scale 3D. With cutscenes and a full story mode. (IF my dream comes true!) And, although, I really love realism when done correctly, I don't really get what you mean by the realism is annoying you. Do you mean that the citys are less colourful, and the Pokemon seem to dark? Cause I THINK I understand what your getting at, just not sure. I'm actually kinda apathetic towards checking serebii, cause I'm afraid of the new Pokemon. Pokemon has been there for me. EVERYONE has that ONE thing they've loved since childhood, and will always love it. No matter how old. Pokemon is mine. I just don't want them to ruin the only thing that has never been bad to me. Sad Of couse, my friends are in that place too. But I know my friends would never be ruined to the world. Very Happy

But on another note, these 3D battles could be interesting. Shame they couldn't do it properly in Pokemon Battle Revolution. Ehh, turn based battles are fun, but Pokemon NEEDS real-time battles. And other things don't make sence either, how can scary face, leer or glare miss? How hard is it to LOOK at the opponant? Geez.
ElvisDitto
ElvisDitto
Voice Team
Voice Team

http://www.mcleodgaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ocean2292 Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:45 am

I think what Munchies is saying is that Pokémon isn't supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to let the player create their own image of the Pokémon world in their own mind. Take for instance the anime and manga, they're both based off of the same games, but both portray the world in an entirely different manner. I feel that when they try to make it more realistic, that they take that chance to create your own version of the world away. That's just me though, *rant rant rant, ramble ramble ramble.
ocean2292
ocean2292

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 am

Eh, I don't know about a real-time pokemon game, ditto. I personally think that the turn based gameplay is part of the charm. Maybe that's just me though...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next