Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Black/White

+20
Goomba_Z
martianunicorn
Ama-chan
dirksies
ocean2292
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Nikuda64
Supernova
Aki11
~Dewy~
Hotrod198
ElvisDitto
Joyfulldreams
whatthechuck3
Obsessed Gamer
Mylodon
littlmiget123
Marley
Mrtweetums
dabeatmaster123
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokemon Black/White

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 am

ocean2292 wrote:I think what Munchies is saying is that Pokémon isn't supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to let the player create their own image of the Pokémon world in their own mind. Take for instance the anime and manga, they're both based off of the same games, but both portray the world in an entirely different manner. I feel that when they try to make it more realistic, that they take that chance to create your own version of the world away. That's just me though, *rant rant rant, ramble ramble ramble.
I totally agree with this! Although I don;t mind filling out the cities and adding some 3D (I still laugh when someone is supposed to be facing you but they can;t go diagonal so they look at an empty space next to you :p) but I still like to stretch the pokemon world to imagine it as I will and stuff ^_^

whatthechuck3 wrote:Eh, I don't know about a real-time pokemon game, ditto. I personally think that the turn based gameplay is part of the charm. Maybe that's just me though...
Turn based battles is a whole part of the strategy of it! That's why I like it as it is. I wouldn;t mind if they made a real time battle system for the spinoffs on home consoles (similar to Coliseum and stuff) but I prefer if they keep the battle system generally the same on teh handhelds.

Also, @Ditto: Glare/leer etc. can easily miss if they just happen to look away at the time :p It should probably be a "But it failed!" situation but meh.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm

The turn-based battle is one of the things that, in my mind, can NEVER change about the main series of Pokémon. Along with third-person control, the training mechanics, and the overworld sprites having insanely large heads.
It can't get too realistic, especially aesthetically. The way it looks is all the charm!
But still I looove that city. :D
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:53 pm

How can you enjoy pokespe if you are so set on playing by the rules? I would actually like to see a more complex battle system, but not until they have a machine capable of using it.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm

>w> Thanks ocean, that's exactly what I was saying.

Finals week is playing hell on my articulation. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by ocean2292 Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 pm

*shudder*
Finals
Ewww *shudder*
Yeah, I have a bunch of those coming up in a couple of weeks...
But at least we can sleep soundly knowing that pokémon will still be there!
ocean2292
ocean2292

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Dx You guys are having finals now? Darned high school... my finals aren't for another month... I wouldn't mind if not for two things: A) it means Summer is so much farther away, and B) starting next week it's wall-to-wall testing anyway: AP, state standardized, end-of-course (separate from finals, for some reason).

...I have an active imagination. In my head I paint all these elaborate battle scenes... maybe I'm just totally weird, but I don't want everything laid out for me.
Perhaps on a console game, a real-time battle system might work... but... eh, I've never been able to grasp such things on handheld systems.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I see the battles as...pokemon anime battles.

"pikachu, dodge it!"
"pikachu, aim for the horn!" (nevermind rhydon's lightning rod ability!)
"pikachu! Use thunder armour?!" (screw logic, we have plot!)

probably cause of all the pokemon anime I watch. But lately, I've been seeing it in a more realistic point of view.

But nevermind that.

A realtime pokemon battle on the console has been every pokefan's dream since the n64. And the hardware should be able to handle it, right? So what's stopping them? Pokemon colleseum is the closest thing to a console rpg, and still not the greatest...
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

lol, all I can think of when you say that is Smash Brother's Melee, just with whatever pokemon you want to use. >w>

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvisDitto Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 am

Okay, well I get what you mean by realism now. But if you think about it, they are getting less real as it goes too.

Anyone notice the amount of real animals in the earlier TV eps? The Ghost at maiden's Peak, ghastly says the Mongoose is a naturel enermy of the Snake. He then summons a Mongoose so fight Ekans. In the Cerulian gym, there was tons of real life fish everywhere. Don't get me started on Lickylicky's case again. But, we are talking about the same people who made the previous games. They surely can't stuff up too bad, can they? Laughing I don't think the 3D real-time battles will ever happen on handheld, but console, they very well might. Shame Pokemon colloseum messed up. I wanted proper 3D RPG with wild battles and everything. But NOOO, NOO wild Pokemon. Catch other's. Ruin the actual point. But I like the way they did it. At least you knew you could actualy finish the Pokedex. Also, the motion was messed up in relativity to the frame speed. And you couldn't jump. X( Ehh.
ElvisDitto
ElvisDitto
Voice Team
Voice Team

http://www.mcleodgaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:38 am

Eh, Colleseum seems more like a hardware test to me (if that makes any sense) to see how an actual pokemon rpg would do in 3d. It feels very incomplete...Now XD, however, now that's a good game Smile
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am

Ah~ I loved Pokemon Colleseum~ It was so wonderful to see a hero in the pokemon world under the age of 13 for a change; not to mention the way they made Wes (the main) an ex-thief~ I love that game!
...Though I agree with Chuck, it felt like a test run. The same goes for pokemon XD, though I have to admit XD was much more thought out. (loved the comedy in that one; though I prefered Colleseum's dark attmosfere... Hmmm...)

As for live action, I'd love a Pokemon game set in an Legend of Zelda/Final Fantacy setting~ (minus the death/blood factor, of course X3)
A game where you get to either be a young human warrior or a random pokemon (probably a Pikachu...) on a journey to save all pokemon and people from an angry Acreus or Ho-oh... That would be a dream come true for me~ X3
... Though I doubt a game like that will be made any time soon... 'sulks in a corner'
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm

FaisLittleWhiteRaven wrote:
A game where you get to either be a young human warrior or a random pokemon (probably a Pikachu...) on a journey to save all pokemon and people from an angry Acreus or Ho-oh... That would be a dream come true for me~ X3
... Though I doubt a game like that will be made any time soon... 'sulks in a corner'

You kinda just described Pokemon Dungeon O.O But what you're saying seems like it would be darkier and edgier than some of the other pokemon games, so it would either be like "way-back-in-ancient-history-when-humans-and-pokemon-first-became-friends" or some "post-apocolyptical-world-where-everyone-is-just-trying-to survive". Yeah....that would actually be sweet. I want to write a fanfic about it now.

Anyway, I think the Black/White 3d-ness is epic. It's pretty much what I've been waiting for since Red. Hopefully I'll have the money/the technology to get it and play it when it comes out.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Pokemon Black/White - Page 4 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvisDitto Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 am

Well, I reckon even if they did make a game we want, they'd stuff it up somehow. We finally get to play AS Pokemon. What do we get? An amazingly fun, lovely music, and cool places game like Mystery Dungeon. We also get a one animation for every move, strange "dungeon" layouts, and repetative nature, game like Mystery Dungeon. We then get a.. a.. a WII version! We think it's cool, it is, but oh god, did they have to use the Mii versions of Pokemon? That was just stupid. I mean, ..why? Why is the only question. But don't be disheartened. Who knows what the future may bring? Theres no reason to give up hope. It will happen. One day. And I'm sure we will be around to see it. We just have to wish.
ElvisDitto
ElvisDitto
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 pm

The mii versions...oh great.

But pokemon still has a lot of potential. But they only release handfuls of that potential every generation.

But one day...pokemon perfection will come. I completely agree.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:12 pm

lol

my sister and I were talking the other day. she is nowhere near as into the games as I, but she and I still dream of the day when holographic pikachu and dragonite (we are old-school 1st gen lovers) will follow you around and let you feed em holographic kibble, lulz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Holographic pokemon?! Ah, sounds great!

Though the closest thing they have to that is the pokewalker.

...yeah. Still got a long ways to go.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 pm

And if you happen to lock eyes with someone who's also got a Pokéhologram tagging alongside them, YOU MUST BATTLE!

Oh god a hundred years from now gaming will be so awesome.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvisDitto Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 am

Mrtweetums wrote:The mii versions...oh great.

But pokemon still has a lot of potential. But they only release handfuls of that potential every generation.

But one day...pokemon perfection will come. I completely agree.
I feel so strongly about not ruining Pokemon that I e-mailed Nintendo, telling them this very statement. I never received a reply, however. Sad

Who knows, I may influence the future of Pokemon one day.
ElvisDitto
ElvisDitto
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 am

B&W are just too close to Pt and HGSS... I mean, okay, yes, 3 years between DP and B&W, but still... Its all just too fast for me. I miss when it was a couple of years between games, not just a year. No one thought HGSS would come out as fast as it did, one year after Pt, and now its B&W, with new pokemon, a new region and everything... PokeCo is just making the games to make the games, not to make them classics and good. I was super excited about HGSS, but I havent even finished that, I've started the game over twice (bad team and my 'rival' started it over.) Now all the fuss is over B&W though... Its just too much for me, personally... I cant see myself waiting on release date for B&W, I know I'm gonna play it, but right now I'm less than happy about it.
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by martianunicorn Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 am

Mrtweetums wrote:Here's the trailer I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4WfE8o3fGE

Not only does it have unlimited cuteness potential (pikachu lover right here), but pay attention to the battles shown.
SO CUTE. i can so imagine that waddling mudkip being ruby's being asked to "catwalk" XDD and i laughed at that magikarp on the race track. sad thing.

sinnoh's legendaries are just too...... overpowered. what, god pokemon (arceus, palkia, dialga, giratina etc) and jesus pokemon (azelf, uxie, mesprit) and....... well generally, the number of legendaries are just getting too many and too imba. 5 7 10 14 @__@
martianunicorn
martianunicorn

http://martia.afterglow.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomba_Z Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

I hope they redo the battling sequence to where it actually looks like they got hurt instead of their image just disappearing or falling through the ground. I'm not one to complain about graphics, but the fact that this is going to be coming out on the DS, and not the 3DS means that they can't upgrade the polygon count that much, which means graphics could just be a very pixely 3D, hopefully thats not the case.

...little do we know Nintendo has been stockpiling all of their money into funding scientists in labs to start the creation of real Pokemon O JEEZ MAN
Goomba_Z
Goomba_Z

https://www.facebook.com/people/John-Rowan/1298601845#!/profile.p

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 am

I'd love the real pokemon~~~ KYAA~~~ *dreaming about pokemon being real* I've always wanted an eevee of my very own... And I'd evolve it into an umbreon, and it would be mine, than I'd get a gyarados, and we'd take over the world! MWA HAH HAH!!!

All joking aside (though real pokemon would ROCK), are you serious??? Cutesy wootsie? (cant watch the vid, sorry. I'll try later on my DSi or something) Pokemon were cute, sure, but also there are pokmon like gyarados, rhydon, tauros, etc. That should so NOT be cutesy, in my opinion, at least. And if they do the 'my pokemon ranch' graphics, I sware... I will NEVER buy the game, I dont care how good the new pokemon are (dont really have high hopes for them though) or how awesome the game is, or whatever. Those graphics are so goofy.

(I'm aware I probably misunderstood things or whatever, so I'm done with my rant...)
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomba_Z Mon May 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Ama-chan wrote:I'd love the real pokemon~~~ KYAA~~~ *dreaming about pokemon being real* I've always wanted an eevee of my very own... And I'd evolve it into an umbreon, and it would be mine, than I'd get a gyarados, and we'd take over the world! MWA HAH HAH!!!

LOL'd hard
Goomba_Z
Goomba_Z

https://www.facebook.com/people/John-Rowan/1298601845#!/profile.p

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dewy~ Mon May 10, 2010 7:58 pm

QAQ omigod I wish pokemon was real-
er... I mean holograms would be awespme!~>w<
~Dewy~
~Dewy~