Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread

+37
Sir_Sniper
silent storm
RAGECANDYBAR
martianunicorn
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
mcbrent
system
iFranticShipper
カイリ
TheViolentTomboy
Zephyr
chrisman1024
VGmaster
Marley
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Belisaria
Kanon
Supernova
~Dewy~
Nol
whatthechuck3
Razor-Leaf
dabeatmaster123
Eclanday
Hotrod198
Skitter
Aki11
Pakken
Raichu111092
Mrtweetums
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
Ama-chan
dawsoc
dirksies
videofan9864
Mylodon
41 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Social communications thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Social communications thread

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 pm

i dont think you can buy emerald and frlg as easily as barnes and nobles.

since viz hadnt reached that far, youll have to rely on buying chuang yi off amazon or ebay.

its a big hassle, but possible [providing youre willing to buy online and shipping...]
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:06 pm

really? even if i shop online at Barnes and noble? Awww....darn
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 am

I just found out that red and green are translated as ash and gary in the chinese pokespecial version...>A>

*pulls hair out* red and green is neither ash nor garrryyyy;A;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:53 am

whee~ i read malay version and the characters have japanese names. which confuses me sometimes lol. but i love it. Fushigidane~~~ <3 and Niorozo. xDD But i only have a few.. most chapters i read online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 am

wow I didn't know there's a malay version>A> I saw the chinese version over the shoulder of a small boy I saw on the train todayXD and when I read it was ash and gary;A; Sad to say I don't know any of the dexholder's japanese names unless its katakana/english...
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:28 am

I think its time for a new topic, any topic go on this thread right? Here are the next questions

1. Theory on "Katone" for the new HGSS manga.

Fans speculate that she could be Crystal with the same hair style and clothes but NOT the same hair color. Just like how they gave Red the same clothes on FRLG but not the same hair style as the male character on the game (Seriously I hate that hair style, Red's hairstyle is the best) I think this theory is possible for the reason stated above.

Another theory is that she could be a new character. I also believe this is possible since we had yellow and the kanto trio became 4. But IF THIS WERE TRUE then this is what I think is possible. Way back on GSC arc Pryce mentioned seeing silver with another girl with brown hair whom pryce thinks died. So maybe that girl isn't blue but katone. (the way silver attacked after hearing that statement proves that girl didn't go out too well) So maybe Katone is Silver's long lost sister/childhood friend. Giovanni is their father and this new rocket executive "Athena" is their mother and HGSS would concentrate on this and the radio tower plot on the games. (I'd love to hope on this)

Gold and Crystal along with some other dex holders could be given a second separate storyline against another division of Team Rocket headed by Carr/Sird.

2. Excited on the new HGSS game?

I myself am not. Its just another game with the same story/slight changes and again with the pokemon league. All I like is the manga story that goes with the new games.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:20 pm

1: Well, i would prefer if they didn't add Kotone. (isn't Crys good enough?) I think the only reason the game designers added Kotone is because they thought Crys couldn't fufill the role of female character, which I think is pretty stupid.

I hope the manga doesn't go with some excuse that Crys "dedicated her life to the lab" and Kotone simply takes her place. It would be interesting to see her have her own unique backstory and contribute to the plot.

Interesting theory though. Though I don't remember that, I still think that the girl with brown hair would be Blue. It fits better with Blue and Silver's backstory with the masked man.

I think HGSS will just rely on the 4 new team rocket executives, and their conquest TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! (dramatic music plays). (And hopefully expand on what happened to Giovanni after the events of FRLG. That has been plaguing my mind ever since I read that.

2. I for one CAN'T WAIT! If you ever played all the pokemon generations, you would see how far this one grew. Not only can you capture 75% of the legendaries (including sinnoh, hoenn, kanto and of course johto), it adds the battle frontier (sadly the same as platinum's) with rematches against not only the Johto gym leaders, but the Kanto ones too. (and the gym leaders recieve a heck of an amount of cool pokemon. Brock with a Craniados? Green with a Rhyperior? Pryce with a Mamoswine? Its all there). Not only that, you can walk with your pokemon anywhere! Any pokemon, as long as its at the front of your party, follows you around! You could have an Arceus follow you around in Tohjo falls. You could walk with your Lugia to Violet Town. Any pokemon, any place. (and considering I loved pikachu follow me around in yellow, only adds to my excitement). And the pokewalker thing! You could attach a pokewalker thing to your belt and walk around with it. (So for the first time in your life, you can realistically walk with your pokemon. So you could pace back and forth, and when people ask "what're you doing?" you could simply say, "I'm hatching a Togepi.") And considering that Johto was my favorite pokemon region, you can imagine my anticipation. Fangirlish Squeal! ^^ (even though im a guy)

This game simply combines all the best parts of the pokemon generations, into a simple game which just goes to show how far pokemon games have come.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:23 am

I didn't play the game so I'm not sure but I read on serebii that the rocket admin names are Athena, Apollo, Lance and Lambda. Originally there are 4 rocket executives on GSC but now they are named? How is the HGSS game so different from the regular GSC game? I mean didn't they just take over the radio tower in an attempt to get giovanni back? Anyways I HOPE these 4 are better than Carr, Orm, and Sird. I mean elite four level cause I DO like Sird for making one of the most successful cheap shots in history but in battle she isn't really veary strong.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:00 am

OKay i don't want kotne to be main but just have a cameo or a special chapter to herself
dawsoc
dawsoc

Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:35 am

I don't really know about her. i really hope she doesn't replace Crystal, and i think it would be cooler if she had her own story anyway. i'm sure i'll come to like her eventually, the manga writers do such a good job making likable characters that i'm sure she'll grow on me, but i'll reserve judgement until i read the manga.

YES! I'M SO EXCITED! THIS IS LIKE A NOSTALGIA PILL STRAIGHT TO THE HEART!!!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 pm

You know that girl that Gold helped get that Teddiursa? Doesn't she look a lot like Kotone? Granted, Kotone is being drawn by Satoshi and Sugimori, not by Mato, and that girl before was drawn by Mato, so they might seem to look different, but I think Kotone could totally be her! Most new characters are 10-11, right? She looked like she was 7-8 there, and it's been at least 3 years since the GSC arc, right? Same thing happened with Yellow too! You meat this one little girl, help her catch a pokemon, never see her again, and suddenly she pops up later as your biggest fan! Next thing you know, Kotone with an Ursaring or Teddiursa is gonna appear in the manga! 8D

OMG I am so excited are you kidding! I never got to play Gold or Silver, so now I finally get to see in-game Silver!!! X333 YAY!! I wanna see the Johto region, too, I bet it's awesome!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:1. Theory on "Katone" for the new HGSS manga.

You know that girl that Gold helped get that Teddiursa? Doesn't she look a lot like Kotone? Granted, Kotone is being drawn by Satoshi and Sugimori, not by Mato, and that girl before was drawn by Mato, so they might seem to look different, but I think Kotone could totally be her! Most new characters are 10-11, right? She looked like she was 7-8 there, and it's been at least 3 years since the GSC arc, right? Same thing happened with Yellow too! You meat this one little girl, help her catch a pokemon, never see her again, and suddenly she pops up later as your biggest fan! Next thing you know, Kotone with an Ursaring or Teddiursa is gonna appear in the manga! 8D

OMG I am so excited are you kidding! I never got to play Gold or Silver, so now I finally get to see in-game Silver!!! X333 YAY!! I wanna see the Johto region, too, I bet it's awesome!

holy moly, joy. your theory of Kotone seems exactly dead on! i kind of hope ur theory becomes canon.

(though it might mix things up for mangaquestshipping fans)

but a question for others, when WILL they reach HGSS in manga? how far is platinum til completion?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:
holy moly, joy. your theory of Kotone seems exactly dead on! i kind of hope ur theory becomes canon.

(though it might mix things up for mangaquestshipping fans)

but a question for others, when WILL they reach HGSS in manga? how far is platinum til completion?

HGSS Manga seems like it's coming out soon, around the same time as the HGSS english game release. Either that or it's already out. All I know is that somebody I watch on DeviantART posted a picture of the cover art, with Gold and Silver on it.

But lets see, on mangafox we've got 2 volumes to go for Diamond and Pearl, I have 32 and the first chapter of volume 32 will be posted on Mangafox next friday (I scan and edit for Inet now. X3), and if we submit weekly, and I manage to get my hands on 33-34...(so far I think Platinum only has 1 volume out, I have no idea...and I still don't know why on earth they released both Platinum AND Diamond/Pearl at the same time...I've checked on the official japanese site frequently. ) We'll get to translating HGSS in...5 months? ^.^;
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:1. Theory on "Katone" for the new HGSS manga.

OHHH very good theory. I really feel that happening. We already have silver's backstory anyway and I never thought about that for gold. But if that happens then it will become repetitive. Just like Red is to Yellow, Gold won't know she is that little girl and does Katone have anything to do with colors? Maybe she could be nicknamed orange or something.

I somehow get the weird feeling that HGSS might be just like FRLG, why because the preview scan remind me of the ambush to Red and Green by the Deoxys. It might end just like it too with a sad ending, (Gold carrying Katone petrified and this time Red and the others save them) but NAH what are the chances of that happening?
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I just realized, if they do that Teddiursa girl for Gold's HGSS, will they do the same for Ruby if they make a remake of RSE? Oh wow, I can see it now. That kid with the Magikarp which Ruby found becoming a dexholder...

lolz. But in all seriousness, I hope they dont go to that extent for remakes. Though Im sure they wont.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitter Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm

I missed the first questions so I'll try to abridge all my answers with minimum ranting...

I've playing Pokémon from day one. I still play to this day. I'm currently in a League with friends and won my first match of the Spring Season last week. We play in a draft format, which I'll explain if anyone cares to know.

I like the R/S arc best so far... but I'm really liking D/P... But I think starting from the beginning for this project is the best way to handle it.

As for Kotone... uh... I'm not sure what they'll do... She might end up as a side character like Wally... But.. eh... I think the outfit would look a bit creepy on Crys... -.-;;;

As for HG/SS, I am IMMENSELY excited. I walked 2 miles to and from work everyday and will get a LOT of use out of those walkers. However, I'm more looking forward to actually getting a good Raikou and Suicune more than anything right now... Although, the G/S story is good and the remixed music should be fantastic.

Skitter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raichu111092 Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm

I don't know what they'll do with Kotone, but I hope they introduce her as a new character while still keeping Crys around. I'm willing to give her a shot, since Kotone's personality has never been indicated in any other forms of the media yet. (I don't know what they did with her in the anime.)

And I am personally excited for HGSS, because, as a competitive Pokemon player, many new attack possibilities have been opened up for me to use in my strategies. And, Gold and Silver was my favorite series.
Raichu111092
Raichu111092

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 pm

What if though, Kotone is Crystal's little sister?

And also im quite happy that they remade Gold and Silver.
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Everyone should be happy that they're rereleaseing G/S. (except for non-poke fans...glares)

I liked how they pulled off Wally in R/S, perhaps they'll do something like that.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Ok next questions

1. Have you guys heard? They might release a 5th generation pokemon game.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_RPG_Announced

Seriously its starting to drag. For all we know there could be a dex holder army some time soon. But I'm still interested in the manga story though and I WOULD be interested in the games if I ever find a good version on a nintendo da emulator.

2. What do you guys think of bloopers? I mean those funny mistakes most films do on their ending credits. Do you think it would fit with pokemon special and in our anime? This is a site with a handful of them, though they are in japanese.
http://www.geocities.jp/take_heart/home.html

I personally think they are much more suited for western/american movies since I'm not used to seeing them on anime. But based on the site I showed above, they might be good with pokemon special.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Well, for the second question, making "bloopers" would require animating whole new scenes, recording all new lines etc. Though I think this could be really funny, it would also be really time consumming. However, there's always the alternative of having the voice actors record everything they say while they're doing their lines which could produce some funny bloopers.

I'm not sure what the animating, illustrating, music, etc. bloopers would look like, but that's just like an idea.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Bloopers in anime? ??

And you can't find a good ds emulator? I would suggest one to you, but I'm not sure that's allowed. I'm ok with a new gen, but hgss has already combined the best of pokemon, so their going to need a great cool idea. (how many precious stones are left anyways? Amythest and Jade?)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Bloopers in anime? ??

And you can't find a good ds emulator? I would suggest one to you, but I'm not sure that's allowed. I'm ok with a new gen, but hgss has already combined the best of pokemon, so their going to need a great cool idea. (how many precious stones are left anyways? Amythest and Jade?)

Yes I can't find one. I mean something similar to visual game boy advance where its fast, a quick save and its screen is big. Yeah maybe that's not allowed but you can always PM me.

Yeah bloopers in anime. The only anime I know that does that is Black Jack.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 pm

i know of voice actor bloopers, at least for dubs, but that's really it...
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Oh I thought you meant animation bloopers, like the character messes up or something. That would be funny, but would require extra effort.

One like vba? That's pretty hard. Vba is a superb emulator, so it's pretty hard to duplicate. You can't do full screen on any nds emulator (cause of the double screens), and quick save's kinda tough. Though the emulator I'm thinking of is pretty fast, it only fufills 1 of your requirement.

Blackjack has bloopers? I own the entire anime series and I don't recall bloopers (perhaps bcause I haven't watched much)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next