Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread

+37
Sir_Sniper
silent storm
RAGECANDYBAR
martianunicorn
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
mcbrent
system
iFranticShipper
カイリ
TheViolentTomboy
Zephyr
chrisman1024
VGmaster
Marley
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Belisaria
Kanon
Supernova
~Dewy~
Nol
whatthechuck3
Razor-Leaf
dabeatmaster123
Eclanday
Hotrod198
Skitter
Aki11
Pakken
Raichu111092
Mrtweetums
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
Ama-chan
dawsoc
dirksies
videofan9864
Mylodon
41 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Social communications thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Social communications thread

Post by VGmaster Wed May 12, 2010 6:26 pm

That's the best translation of anything I ever seen.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

Social communications thread - Page 36 Bg10

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Wed May 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Ffffff.
I have seen that.

Is it just me, or is Japanese live-action television invariably weird as all get-out?
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomba_Z Wed May 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Hahaha the otter has a Pen- I MEAN SHELL ON ITS CHEST

Firepig=derp

Grass type= classy

>I just watched that translation and laughed so hard

>Also I think the trainers are supposed to be a bit older in this one, not sure why though, I get my info from another Pokemon forum so it could be a rumor
Goomba_Z
Goomba_Z

https://www.facebook.com/people/John-Rowan/1298601845#!/profile.p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 8:09 pm

As a moderator, i think it's my job to say, that while that was pretty funny, and you did warn everyone, there are versions of it out there that don't have that much (or any) foul language, and this definitely had a lot.

Not that I am really stuffy about things like that, but the rules say:

6. Swearing.
We urge people to not swear, but in the end, the punishment is up to whatever mod notices. Usually, the punishments won’t be very harsh unless the swearing is an attempt at trolling/flaming.

Since you warned everyone, and it was sorta just a silly translation, I don't really think it warrants any severe punishment or anything, but please try to remember that some people find cursing vulgar, unnecessary, and yadda yadda yadda.

Just thought I should say something so people won't complain about mods not doing their jobs. In my case, just remember that if there isn't really any reason for you to be cussing (as in this case) I personally don't think it's something that should be on our forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 pm

They look my age. o_o Which, considering past trainers have looked about 13 or so, means they'll probably be 14 or 15 by canon. I heard they were supposed to be older, too, so maybe it's not all lies. The way the girl's legs are shaped lead me to believe she's drawn purposely to look older, so... maybe she was? Can't tell with the guy, though.

WTF IS UP WITH THE OTTER I MEAN SERIOUSLY. It looks like... just... NO. >> It had better evolve into something awesome or my nasty habit of choosing water-type starters is through~! (But the shell looks to me like a shell. I'unno what everyone's so worked up about.)
The grass-type starter looks like Treecko's evil twin. Well, Treecko already looked kinda angry but Tsutaja looks more like a chill, neutral-evil.
And that pig is just goofy-lookin'. I actually don't mind it, save for the black butt. That's just odd. Looks like it's wearing spandex undies.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dewy~ Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 pm

lol the water type looks like a mix between a bidoof, a piplup and a snoman xD
i kinda like the grass starter best though...
(cant wait to see what the evos look like!)
~Dewy~
~Dewy~

Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 36 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2010 10:35 pm

The boy starter kinda looks like a brunette Ash. *shot

I really like the girl character. She looks tough, like she could kick some butt. All the other girls always look like you could snap them in two with a Mean Look. XP

Social communications thread - Page 36 Corocoro%20pokemon%20reveal%20thumbnail
They look like Fakemon to me. I'm just saying. They just don't look... official if you get my drift. XD It's like they stuck a bunch of useless details on them just so they wouldn't look like any of the others-- none of them particularly stand out to me as one I am desperate to get at the beginning of the game. >n> *sigh* in generation 1, it was so much easier.

Random News Flash: Went to the Salvation Army today to buy stuff for cosplay (I'm being a Leafeon at Otakon). Couldn't find anything and got bummed out, but then I found *drum roll* Pokemon Sheets!!! Very Happy They have a lot of the 1st gen pokemon on them, and since everything was half price, i got a full twin sheet set for 3 dollars! *rolls around*

I'm saving these babies for college... >pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by silent storm Wed May 12, 2010 11:34 pm

RainbowMunchies wrote:As a moderator, i think it's my job to say, that while that was pretty funny, and you did warn everyone, there are versions of it out there that don't have that much (or any) foul language, and this definitely had a lot.

Not that I am really stuffy about things like that, but the rules say:

6. Swearing.
We urge people to not swear, but in the end, the punishment is up to whatever mod notices. Usually, the punishments won’t be very harsh unless the swearing is an attempt at trolling/flaming.

Since you warned everyone, and it was sorta just a silly translation, I don't really think it warrants any severe punishment or anything, but please try to remember that some people find cursing vulgar, unnecessary, and yadda yadda yadda.

Just thought I should say something so people won't complain about mods not doing their jobs. In my case, just remember that if there isn't really any reason for you to be cussing (as in this case) I personally don't think it's something that should be on our forums.

Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_redface
sorry Social communications thread - Page 36 Icon_sad
actually a Despise it when people swear but for some reason reading it rather than hearing it doesn't bug me. but again sorry I'll be more careful
silent storm
silent storm

Back to top Go down

Post by martianunicorn Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 am

Goomba_Z wrote:Sure, have your guy fantasies, AS LONG AS GREY DOESN'T RESEMBLE EMERALD, then I'm fine
Marley wrote:I don't like Emerald either. He irks me, in every way.
how mean ; _ ; that's biasedness against people with special disabilities!!

Joyfulldreams wrote:Wow you guys are talking about jobs. ._.; I dunno if I'd be any good...
since you guys are at it, i'll have a go too. my holidays just started, and now i have to work already TT ^ TT no rest for the miserable artist...... (can't be helped, need the money)
Aki11 wrote:who said you need connections to get a job?XDDD (2/3 of her jobs are self gotten.)
well, they help. a lot. networking is important in our field no? =3
Aki11 wrote:other methods to earn money and all (living conditions make the man..woman, whatever), submit artwork to local paper's art section and get paid for it (not much tho, just around $15 a piece for a weekly thing, so only $60 a month.
we can do that??!!! which paper?
Aki11 wrote:i wanna try teaching too~ somedayXDD (I'll probably apply for being my current school's teacher after some working experience outside after i graduate and all<W<)
weeeeeee~ one of my jobs is a drawing teacher. though i only teach once a week, and have to pay for the students supplies...... so yea, it's not much
martianunicorn
martianunicorn

http://martia.afterglow.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 am

yea i guess, but i'd think skills and attitude is important in our field tooXDDD

zbcomma, it's out every wednesday and all, but only certain newspaper booths sell them. normally those by the streets dun have them..<A< (it's a chinese paper btw)

(oh and have ya seen my pm? it's the new messages thingy beside the logout button*if you're using firefox windows, not sure if it's the same layout for ie or other os)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 36 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 am

So I downloaded Naruto Shippuuden movie 3 to watch and got loads of junk food and all to go with it and it turns out I got Hebrew sub instead of English sub >.<

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Social communications thread - Page 36 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu May 13, 2010 12:55 pm

LOL It could act as an incentive for you to learn Hebrew!
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Thu May 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Naruto is terrible there is a lot of better things out there.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu May 13, 2010 1:27 pm

I disagree. Naruto is an exellent manga, but different people have different opinions, and after several fist-fights, I have learned to respect that.
Like Rain's Yaoi love affair, It's not my thing, but I don't press my views on her.

...........Wow, I sound responsable!!

.......I mean "responsible". Embarassed

Last edited by Razor-Leaf on Thu May 13, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Sniper Thu May 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Razor-Leaf wrote:I disagree. Naruto is an exellent manga, but different people have different opinions, and after several fist-fights, I have learned to respect that.
Like Rain's Yaoi love affair, It's not my thing, but I don't press my views on her.

...........Wow, I sound responsable!!
That's "responsible" Razz
Sir_Sniper
Sir_Sniper

http://www.drunkduck.com/Sofa_Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu May 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Damn.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 2:53 pm

rofl

I thought Naruto was an excellent manga. I always wanted to read more, and it was one of the few shonen I was really into as a high schooler. We had a lot we passed around, and Naruto was one of them. I managed to get up to the 15 or 16th volume.

But yea. Some people base everything on one aspect of something *cough*ninjas*cough*anime*cough* and it's never worth arguing about int he end.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dewy~ Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 pm

and on a completely random note...

I finally managed to persuade my brothers to let me play final fantasy! Very Happy
Its so awesome QwQ
~Dewy~
~Dewy~

Back to top Go down

Post by martianunicorn Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

Aki11 wrote:(oh and have ya seen my pm? it's the new messages thingy beside the logout button*if you're using firefox windows, not sure if it's the same layout for ie or other os)
yes, just saw, and just replied ._.
martianunicorn
martianunicorn

http://martia.afterglow.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 pm

random question, have been curious about it for a while now. (especially for newer members and those who didn't come from tvtropes but other sites and all*sorry tvtropians*shot**) how did you guys find out about this project? (and maybe a link to that topic? for some reason i felt like reading what people around the communities felt about this project. So far, I've seen quite a few positives ones but also negative ones that don't believe we are able to do it. Just wanted to know lolXDD)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 36 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Fri May 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Well, dabeat made a forum on mangafox announcing the project, so I'm guessing people who were members of both mangafox AND tvtropes mentioned it, and the whole thing snowballed.
But thats just my theory...
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I found about it through a journal on DA. It was Fais journal if I recall correctly. pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I find out about this project by serebii it was someone's banner.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dewy~ Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

I heard about it from the thread on mangafox pikachu
~Dewy~
~Dewy~

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm

~Dewy~ wrote:I heard about it from the thread on mangafox pikachu
That's pretty much the same for me,but moving to it's own forum was better then that single thread
anyways,suprisingly this looks the thread with the most posts
Last night I had dream where Suddenly most of this forum was clogged with rpgs and the important stuff was shoved into one area.Maybe that's why I logged on today...
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next