Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Opening and Ending

+31
Jonk
elso
AkieTara
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Memieko
Supernova
MokaSooN
Blackmagebard
Kikiee241
Kazaazz
Razor-Leaf
dirksies
kaito109
Raichu111092
Passerby Boy
Mylodon
dabeatmaster123
ShenCS
Aki11
Neojunk
john
Nol
Zephyr
Ama-chan
Mrtweetums
Edowaado
Angel-Kid
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
EvoWarrior5
videofan9864
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Opening and Ending

Post by Nol Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:00 pm

One thing I was thinking of was to maybe make the closing picture (the "yeah shot") of the opening/ending sequences reflect the volume covers. It'd be a nice reference for the manga readers, and they could be used to mark turning points in an arc (ex. volume 16 cover for early R/S saga, volume 20 cover for near the end, etc.).

The volume art might even make good eyecatch references, if eyecatches are going to be used. Like having volume 17 followed by volume 18, or volume 21 being connected by volume 22.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:49 am

I like the video (take two at the ending) as an ending idea, introducing all the characters and yet not too complicatedC: But I'll also agree on the previous comments on poli and saur then pika being the order in terms of pokemon for the ending^^ There are plenty of endings which are pretty upbeat as well, take soul eater for example. There isn't really a golden rule in which what songs should be used for endings/openings. That video was a good example of a upbeat song that could be used as an ending as well if handled correctlyXD

But there is one problem many of us didn't mention, copyright infringement. I like the idea but that video was made with a copyrighted song. As some of us already mentioned it would be good if we made the opening ending with original songs. And I think using songs sung by the nico nico people may be good. Provided that they are good ones tooXD

Please post some specific links of pokespecial fanmade songs that are good>< I'm kinda lazy to filter through everything to find the good ones8DD;;;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:41 am

Aki11 wrote:I like the video (take two at the ending) as an ending idea, introducing all the characters and yet not too complicatedC: But I'll also agree on the previous comments on poli and saur then pika being the order in terms of pokemon for the ending^^ There are plenty of endings which are pretty upbeat as well, take soul eater for example. There isn't really a golden rule in which what songs should be used for endings/openings. That video was a good example of a upbeat song that could be used as an ending as well if handled correctlyXD

But there is one problem many of us didn't mention, copyright infringement. I like the idea but that video was made with a copyrighted song. As some of us already mentioned it would be good if we made the opening ending with original songs. And I think using songs sung by the nico nico people may be good. Provided that they are good ones tooXD

Please post some specific links of pokespecial fanmade songs that are good>< I'm kinda lazy to filter through everything to find the good ones8DD;;;

We were intending to use our own songs, but I never thought of using nicovideo ones. 0o Of course, we need to get permission from the owners of the songs to use them. (Though I don't think they would argue..)

It kinda sucks for the japanese people though! XD The anime won't be in japanese...
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShenCS Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:53 am

We've been translating their karp for years, they can do it for ours <_<.
ShenCS
ShenCS
Script Team
Script Team

Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am

They'll probably make their own dub or add subs out of our video.

...I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:They'll probably make their own dub or add subs out of our video.

...I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Of course that's a good thing! XD It means people like it and want to add to it!!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Well they might say they made it themselves, although I'm sure nobody will be that dishonest, sometimes jealous fans might do that.

But it might mean people will be interested in helping us, which can be good.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 pm

We'll need to watch out for anyone claiming the anime, but I'm sure some people can handle that... It might be troublesome though, so many videos to sort through... But I'm sure they'll dub it themselves.

We cannot claim pokemon for our own, but the anime, themes, etc could be ours.

Also, I like the ideas of using themes that reflect music from the games. That sounds so awesome!!! I'd love something like that~
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 pm

um this was my idea...:

[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: the camera goes through the hole
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and red and pika is on the cliff
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and then his hat flies back
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: blue catches it and releases jiggly
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and she floats and you see green flying on his charizard
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and the title appears
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and then
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: you see red in a serious look...red backround with misty
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: with his bulbasaur
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: then it shifts to green/Blaine and/or Brock and blue/ Erika
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: then you see blue crying and looking at the sky and gets scared by a bird
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and then you se green slowly tilting his head up
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and then you see green battling and red battling each other and green uses like a fire attack and whips it at red and bulba and then blue's "mystery pokemon" splashes it because no one knows blue stole the squirtle
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: she poses
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and then you see the team rocket people
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and they face them
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and they attack and it goes back to the title
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: and you see red looking at the sky
[01/05/10] dabeatmaster12345: ^^
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ama-chan Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 am

beat-sama, sorta hard to sort through, but I think I get what you're saying. I though he's Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur was named Saur, not Bulba... I could be wrong though... -.-;

I personally dont like the idea of Blue crying in the opening and being scared. As you said, Blasty is the 'mystery pokemon', and its not revealed until much later she's scared of birds... But I like what you're getting at, definately. I like the empasis(sp) on the sky, but could we do that any other way?

It's definately a great idea, and I love the idea... Though me not being an animator, I dont really have much of a say in this, do I? -.-;

Sorry for rambling
Ama-chan
Ama-chan

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Ama-chan wrote:beat-sama, sorta hard to sort through, but I think I get what you're saying. I though he's Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur was named Saur, not Bulba... I could be wrong though... -.-;

I personally dont like the idea of Blue crying in the opening and being scared. As you said, Blasty is the 'mystery pokemon', and its not revealed until much later she's scared of birds... But I like what you're getting at, definately. I like the empasis(sp) on the sky, but could we do that any other way?

It's definately a great idea, and I love the idea... Though me not being an animator, I dont really have much of a say in this, do I? -.-;

Sorry for rambling

no its completely fine! We should leave the ideas to the people instead ^^. I cant do everything myself...
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by john Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Storyboards. That would give us a better idea what the team is trying to depict.

john

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 pm

john wrote:Or you could go and see what some japanese fans has done for Pokespe. They sang tons of intro songs for Pokespe in nicovideo.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9A

Go and register on that site. It's extremely useful and helps you see what the japanese community has been doing for so many years.

Hell, someone could even post a recruitment video down there and get some japanese fans to help in the project.

hey john, since you're the one who suggested using nico nico songs is it possible for you to pick out some of the nicer ones that are suitable as the openings or endings?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:32 am

Aki11 wrote:
john wrote:Or you could go and see what some japanese fans has done for Pokespe. They sang tons of intro songs for Pokespe in nicovideo.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9A

Go and register on that site. It's extremely useful and helps you see what the japanese community has been doing for so many years.

Hell, someone could even post a recruitment video down there and get some japanese fans to help in the project.

hey john, since you're the one who suggested using nico nico songs is it possible for you to pick out some of the nicer ones that are suitable as the openings or endings?

I don't really mind whether or not you do this, but don't make any promises that they can be used. I would probably suggest you find a few suiting songs, PM their links to the music staff and they will try to contact whoever they think lives up to our standard.

They're the music staff for a reason. Use them.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am

Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear in my question, I apologize for that. What I meant was that I hope he could pick out some of the songs for us to listen. I didn't mean for him to pick out songs for the real opening ending, just suggesting and letting the staff decide in the end. Since I'm pretty sure not many people will look through the nico link he gave as those arent specific links and people may not want to look through everything.

What I meant was that he could suggest some of the nicer songs and put the links up here, this is a suggestion thread, is it not?^^

Well sorry I caused trouble again><
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby Boy Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:00 am

Would it be too much for the music team to compose their own songs? I have an idea for an opening titled Pallette, and I think an opening like that could fit quite well...however I haven't thought too much into it. Anyone here a good singer? how 'bout other instruments? It'd be great if we could use our own music!
Passerby Boy
Passerby Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 am

Passerby Boy wrote:Would it be too much for the music team to compose their own songs? I have an idea for an opening titled Pallette, and I think an opening like that could fit quite well...however I haven't thought too much into it. Anyone here a good singer? how 'bout other instruments? It'd be great if we could use our own music!
You may want to search a little harder next time.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby Boy Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 am

Mylodon wrote:
Passerby Boy wrote:Would it be too much for the music team to compose their own songs? I have an idea for an opening titled Pallette, and I think an opening like that could fit quite well...however I haven't thought too much into it. Anyone here a good singer? how 'bout other instruments? It'd be great if we could use our own music!
You may want to search a little harder next time.

Whoops...my bad...I noticed that like right after I posted...
Passerby Boy
Passerby Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:04 am

I've just seen joy (joyfulldreams), aki (aki11) and rai's (Raichu111092) character turnarounds on the other thread and if you guys are still open for an ending video idea then how about we use the colored character turn arounds? That way we could reduce the strain for the animators. I mean we color the character turn arounds and add simple backgrounds on them. For the ending theme we can play Red's five poses one at a time then green's then blue's etc. We can start with a 2 second scene per character of them moving then we get the poses from the turnarounds. Then we end with a shot of everyone together.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:45 am

well for me the animation ending idea was to animate a simple walk cycle with red walking with bulbasaur at first, then adding green with charmander, as well as blue with squirtle in as well. And they'll be walking at around the bottom right of the screen. There'll be a turning pokeball at the top left and in the middle there'll be still pictures of events and such that happened in the manga panning from left to right. And at the end red and gang will look up at the pokeball which stopped turning and all the pokemon will pop up<W<

But I'll see how the music we got goes firstXD then maybe after that I'll do a storyboard so that its easier to convey what i was thinking about the ending^^ It'll be best for everyone with op/ed ideas to draw a rough storyboard so that we can better understand your ideas^^ but it'll be better to draw them after we have an ending song we can base it off fromXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:04 am

I like that idea, Aki! 8D I was thinking we could just compile a whole bunch of stuff from the manga in a slideshow to make animating less of a pain, but that idea is awesome!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:44 am

well to be honest that idea just came into my mind when you said I had to do a red walk cycle with bulbasaurXD; *shotshotshot*XD

and i was also thinking about the complexity of the animation, i too want to have not too much of a hard time when doing it afterall<W< *lazyassalertshotplz*
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Aki11 wrote:well for me the animation ending idea was to animate a simple walk cycle with red walking with bulbasaur at first, then adding green with charmander, as well as blue with squirtle in as well. And they'll be walking at around the bottom right of the screen. There'll be a turning pokeball at the top left and in the middle there'll be still pictures of events and such that happened in the manga panning from left to right. And at the end red and gang will look up at the pokeball which stopped turning and all the pokemon will pop up<W<

But I'll see how the music we got goes firstXD then maybe after that I'll do a storyboard so that its easier to convey what i was thinking about the ending^^ It'll be best for everyone with op/ed ideas to draw a rough storyboard so that we can better understand your ideas^^ but it'll be better to draw them after we have an ending song we can base it off fromXD

Sure my suggestion was only if you guys didn't have one yet. Please do it as you like Very Happy Plus I can't actually draw so I can't show it.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Anime Opening and Ending - Page 2 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:11 pm

nah actually for storyboards there's no need to draw it very well. Just a rough drawing to convey ur message, that's all. It's best to have a storyboard cos everyone visualizes different stuffXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 am

I think we might want to add a little more detail after the concept storyboard is finished, though. Weather it's just making proportions and adding a tiny bit of shading and background, whatever it is, the clearer and easier to understand, the better. =3
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next