Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread

+37
Sir_Sniper
silent storm
RAGECANDYBAR
martianunicorn
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
mcbrent
system
iFranticShipper
カイリ
TheViolentTomboy
Zephyr
chrisman1024
VGmaster
Marley
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Belisaria
Kanon
Supernova
~Dewy~
Nol
whatthechuck3
Razor-Leaf
dabeatmaster123
Eclanday
Hotrod198
Skitter
Aki11
Pakken
Raichu111092
Mrtweetums
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
Ama-chan
dawsoc
dirksies
videofan9864
Mylodon
41 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Social communications thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Social communications thread

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 am

Am I the only one who dos'nt give a damn about st. Patrick's day? That's ironic.
Anyhoo, my faves:
Bulbasaur, Leafeon and Vileplume
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 am

They seem to touch on topics that relate more on the world in general, using elements of nature to their advantage most of the times. well, I won't say they didn't use japanese mythology at all, since there's more to japanese, or should I say chinese mythology than that<W< The basis of pokemon revolves around all the chinese jin mu shui huo tu elements, gold, wood, water, fire, earth. With added elements such as electric, fighting, normal etc. So it's not really that off to say it isn't based off japanese mythology.. (self contradiction ftw8D*shot*) Just that, legendary wise, they haven't used chinese/japanese mythology for the pokemon yet. (entei raikou suicune may have been loosely based off one of the myths tho *needs to dig back to her old mangas a little to confirm that*)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:45 am

They seem to touch on topics that relate more on the world in general, using elements of nature to their advantage most of the times. well, I won't say they didn't use japanese mythology at all, since there's more to japanese, or should I say chinese mythology than that<W< The basis of pokemon revolves around all the chinese jin mu shui huo tu elements, gold, wood, water, fire, earth. With added elements such as electric, fighting, normal etc. So it's not really that off to say it isn't based off japanese mythology.. (self contradiction ftw8D*shot*) Just that, legendary wise, they haven't used chinese/japanese mythology for the pokemon yet. (entei raikou suicune may have been loosely based off one of the myths tho *needs to dig back to her old mangas a little to confirm that*)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanon Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 am

Actually, they HAVE used Chinese/Japanese mythology. For instance, on Arceus. It's based off of a mythological creature called a qilin (or kirin, if you study Japanese).
Bulbapedia article: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arceus_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Biology

As for the Titan theory, I think it's pretty plausible. Why not? However, it does seem like there are already some "Titans" in Pokemon - Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and the Regis. I dunno.

And Percy Jackson is boring. ;P Just my opinion. It didn't really impress me all that much, which is probably because I've read too many of Terry Practchett's books. His humor tops ALL.

Kanon

Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

http://latiaschild.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

My knowledge lasts only till emerald, hahaXD *need to get myself updated on pokemon in general, lol* But it's pretty true that they haven't seriously touched on chinese/japanese mythology until platinum and all right? I've only briefly know about arceus (and only recently, to be honest<W<; Last week much?8D) and I've always thought it's a centaur based pokemon, which is actually based off greek mythology ain't it? The resemblance towards a centaur is higher as compared to a qilin, given the sleekness of the pokemon. (like, does this even remind you of arceus at all? (that's a qilin, btw) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MingQilinDragonFish.jpg ) (urgh, is sleek even the right word? lol my brain is not working now so, pardon me hahaXD; )
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 am

I thought they based Suicune off of the Qilin already...

Yeah, found this picture again to explain the three Johto beasts:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img17/3492/beastsp.png
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Could this possibly sound like Raichu?

Jynx, anyone?

I reckon pokemon can be found in most major mythologies.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Actually, Jynx's design closely resembles a sterotypical "blackface" singer that was often depicted in the early 20th century. (Thus sparking the controversy that got jynx banned from the anime and her color changed to purple). Though considering this is a japanese game, that could have just been a coincidence...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Concept wise, Jynx has a couple similarities with the Yuki-Onna. The design, however is a lot closer to ganguro girls (the "black-face" fashion that chuck mentioned).
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 pm

wee, guess I was (half) rightXD entei raikou suicune is indeed based off some myth, thought the guarding thing sounded darn familiar when I was reading the manga<W<

which means I kinda like see entei's origin on a daily basis>w>*shot*

And it never occurred to me but now that u said it mylo i think u are right about the snow ladyD: (xue nu etc etc but whateveXD) just the the "blackface" design completely misleaded me from seeing the "truth"XD

but I'm seriously wondering why one of the most famous 4 sacred beasts myth haven't been touched on for the pokemon world yet...D: maybe because its been overused, hahaXD
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:44 pm

well, technically after playing pokemon stadium, jynx was designed as a black ghost, who made a wig and a dress levitate to simulate having a "body".

This is possible because after its defeat in pokemon stadium, jynx's face disappears, and the wig and dress simply fall to the floor.

But wow! These are really all well thought out theories.
Japanese mythology. That seems obvious.

They should create some legendaries about the sun and the moon. (solrock and lunatone...) I know japan has some beautiful legends on those.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dabeatmaster123 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Im not into japanese mythology but you all make sense ^^. Jynx is freakin creepy no doubt. >_> So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a ghost. But if it was wouldn't be a ghost type not a phsycic? Maybe they wanted to put a twist on the pokemon >A>?

And it is the only pokemon who actually learns sweet kiss.. (not noting the pre evolved pokemon)

Edit** Look what I found out

What Jynx is based on is a controversial topic within the fandom, although common interpretations are a Nordic woman (possibly Hel, goddess of the underworld), or ガン黒 ganguro, face-black. Also, the fact that Jynx are depicted as Santa's helpers in the anime can be a proof that Jynx is based on Zwarte Piet. Jynx also has the traits of a female opera singer, especially the iconic cartoon depiction of the fat lady. It should also be noted that the third generation sprites depict it singing, especially the Emerald sprite that animates it signing a high note.
Jynx may also have origins in the Japanese spirits known as Yuki Onna (who has no feet like Jynx) or Yama Uba, the latter of which is described as always wearing a tattered red kimono and having whitish-blonde hair (all traits shared by Jynx).
dabeatmaster123
dabeatmaster123
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

http://dabeatmaster123.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Someone's done his homework on this!
study
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Yuki-Onna... gosh I know I've heard that one somewhere before. But I don't remember where and I haven't an idea what it is.

But if it's related to Jynx it's probably pretty darn creepy.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm finally done mt review of FireRed & LeafGreen chapter. That I been putting to for the past three weeks so it's a little late.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Tell what you think of this review?

One quick question. Can I open a thread on this Main General Discussion thread so I can show all my pokemon reviews for all to see and have people talk a about what they think of this mange seires? If this is a little much I won't make new thread. So I will just post my review on this thread.

Last edited by SaiTurtlesninjaNX on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Thats a good review! The arc was dissipointingly short though...
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:05 pm

SaiTurtlesninjaNX wrote:I'm finally done mt review of FireRed & LeafGreen chapter. That I been putting to for the past three weeks so it's a little late.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Tell what you think of this review?

One quick question. Can I open a thread on this Main General Discussion thread so I can show all my pokemon reviews for all to see and have people talk a about what they think of this mange seires?

I like your review very much:) You really worked so hard on it. and I remember most of those pics very much. (I colored them myself:)) Though I really suck at coloring and I didn't get a lot of things right.

Razor-Leaf wrote:Thats a good review! The arc was dissipointingly short though...

Yes very much. I expected at least misty to show up or at least the RGB trio to fight an army of rockets or even subrina and surge to come back. RGB was even longer than that. Plus some chapters here didn't show much at all.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylodon Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey Sai, I personally don't mind if you want to share your reviews with the forums, but creating a new thread for it is kind of too much.

I'd also prefer it if you wouldn't post embedded videos, since they stretch the posts and makes it a bloody murder for me to check the forums on my ipod (I frequently check up in breaks at school). Just write that you've made a review and leave a link.

I'm also giving you a 'heads up' because your post was bordering on breach of rule 7.
Mylodon
Mylodon
Script Team
Script Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:01 pm

@Mylodon
Will that why I ask first. Sein it's little much I won't make new thread. So I will just post my review on this thread.

This is kinda blatant advertising. Ohh I don't know that. A trailer video of a another video of my that whould be blatant advertising. At lets it's on the topic of Pokémon Special.

Next time I post one of my reviews up I just post a like if it's more then one video. I found embedded videos easyer to watch on the forums.

@Razor-Leaf
I didn't fine this arc to be too short. I found that GSC arc & RS arc to be too long.

@videofan9864
I'm glad that you like the review. I didn't think they needed the Gym Leaders. I find helf the time in this mange they have the Gym Leaders just to have them.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHATTHECHUCK!!!!!!!! >w<

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:02 am

Ummmm....thanks! (lol, wasn't expecting to see this Smile) I appreciate it XD.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 10 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 am

Ha, well I didn't know where else I should put it, and I love saying happy bday to people. XD

Social communications thread - Page 10 Catmousebday

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am

I gusst this the place to say happy birthday to people.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHATTHECHUCK YOUR 19 NOW!!!
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am

Happy B-day, WTC!!
Social communications thread - Page 10 Pokemon_Balloons_by_chaoskomoriSocial communications thread - Page 10 Seventhinningstretch11184902Social communications thread - Page 10 2504710410_1876ce5ce0_mso I heard you like Mudkipz......
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

already said it in the pm but ill say it again thenXD happy birthday chuck! lolXD

im up for it if you want any bday giftarts lol=w=
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next