Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread

+37
Sir_Sniper
silent storm
RAGECANDYBAR
martianunicorn
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
mcbrent
system
iFranticShipper
カイリ
TheViolentTomboy
Zephyr
chrisman1024
VGmaster
Marley
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Belisaria
Kanon
Supernova
~Dewy~
Nol
whatthechuck3
Razor-Leaf
dabeatmaster123
Eclanday
Hotrod198
Skitter
Aki11
Pakken
Raichu111092
Mrtweetums
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
Ama-chan
dawsoc
dirksies
videofan9864
Mylodon
41 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Social communications thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Social communications thread

Post by videofan9864 Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:15 am

This thread was meant for any topic right? So I'd like to ask someone's help on what this pic says, its still pokespecial related afterall.
https://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/VideoFan9864/?action=view&current=untitled-5.png

Anyone who can understand japanese please tell me what the bubbles say. Thanks
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm

videofan9864 wrote:This thread was meant for any topic right? So I'd like to ask someone's help on what this pic says, its still pokespecial related afterall.
https://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/VideoFan9864/?action=view&current=untitled-5.png

I dont read Japanese so I can't really help you, but I can tell you (what seems like) the gist of it.

Something along the lines of the dexholders discussing the fact that red is Constantly getting frozen, and it ends with some sorta pun that gold makes about ruby and sapphire.

I dunno, that's just a guess. Maybe joy can help you out. It seems really funny, and well drawn!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by videofan9864 Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:
videofan9864 wrote:This thread was meant for any topic right? So I'd like to ask someone's help on what this pic says, its still pokespecial related afterall.

I dont read Japanese so I can't really help you, but I can tell you (what seems like) the gist of it.

Something along the lines of the dexholders discussing the fact that red is Constantly getting frozen, and it ends with some sorta pun that gold makes about ruby and sapphire.

I dunno, that's just a guess. Maybe joy can help you out. It seems really funny, and well drawn!

Yes they are, the site I know is full of them and I can't understand a single one. I'll show more. But this is the problem if you can't understand japanese.
videofan9864
videofan9864

Forum Team Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:12 am

Why does Red keep getting petrified anyway?
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:09 am

maybe they are saying the path of a hero is to always get petrified or something? xD or getting petrified makes them cooler? xDDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Question: to all veteran first pokemon generation fans.

Do you think there's any truth to this video? I find it VERY interesting, but my brother still disagrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydmZ28e9Z80

I think this video has valid points, but also has few flaws, which make this an interesting chapter in the pokemon history. It seems true, but may also be overlooking into it. How do you guys feel?
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclanday Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:15 pm

That's surprisingly well thought out, and there I was just assuming it was a cosimic horror
Eclanday
Eclanday

Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:45 pm

huh, interesting tidbit, tweetums. I always thought that glitch was a mew or something...
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:21 pm

I think it's very interesting, secretive, and imaginative....but I don't think there's an ounce of truth in it XD. I do think that kangaskahn was suposed to be in the cubone evolution line at some point, that seems relatively obvious. But I don't think Missing No. is anything more than a programing glitch that was revised with the release of yellow version. ( and the baby that he turns into a cubone is the wrong color lol, and he doesn't mention the fact that Missing No. can also evolve into Rhydon). I here quote bulbapedia:

Missingno. appears due to an oversight in the programming of the Old Man's tutorial in Viridian City on how to catch Pokémon. When the game sets up the battle between the Old Man and a wild Weedle, it needs to change the player's name (temporarily) to "OLD MAN" so that it will display that name, rather than the player's entered name, during the battle.

Due to the limited space in the Game Boy memory, the programmers
decided to use the space where data for wild Pokémon found in the grass is stored (which is completely blank in Viridian City; only Surfing and Fishing data is used) to save the player's name temporarily. Normally, this would cause no abnormal activity, as this data is overwritten when the player moves to a different area.

In all cities, however, this data remains blank, and so the data is never overwritten (as there is nothing new to overwrite it with), and thus, the data that was last entered (be it the player's name or the wild Pokémon data from another area) remains in place. This itself still causes no harm; however, an oversight in the programming of the tiles used to denote the shore of an island marks them as equivalent to grass. As all water routes have no real grass on them, likewise, the data is not overwritten, and so whatever data is in the slots for wild Pokémon found in the grass is used, be it the player's name or wild Pokémon found elsewhere, such as the Safari Zone.

The name of the player has six hexadecimal values in it. The game needs only three "slots" of wild Pokémon data to store this.

The species of wild Pokémon the player encounters along the coast are determined by the third, fifth, and seventh characters of the player's name, while their levels are determined by the second, fourth, and sixth characters, respectively. By knowing which letters and symbols correspond to which species and levels, through the use of certain calculators and charts (such as [1]), it is possible to set the name of the player at the start of the game to find specific Pokémon at specific levels.

Explaining also why the shore also can contain Safari Zone (or really any depending on where you last visited) pokemon.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Missingno can evolve into kanghakhan and charizard too.

But yep, it is more likely that missingno is simply a glitch, rather then an unused pokemon.

But heck, that theory seriously seemed legit! Mustve taken a lotta thought to think of that theory.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm

It did have a lot of creativity. Sigh, it makes me think of the good old days...ah such sweet rumors, back when Missing No. could do just about every horrible thing to your game, mew was hidden under the truck, and Mewtwo could own just about anything under the sun.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:10 pm

It was those rumors which contributed to the pokemon craze. When people heard they could get a super powerful pokemon (mew) by a glitch, kids would want to try this theory themselves. Some rumors true or false (pikablu?) made kids want to try it out for themselves, therefore buying pokemon games.

Getting pikablu by talking to oak 1000 times, then he'll lead you down to a secret basement to get a pikablu (marril)? Kids back then really believed that. (I think I wasn't old enough to play original red and blue, but I did play silver! But now I bought a used pokemon yellow from eb games to play the original games. (damn that save battery! Anybody that still has the Original cartridges will know that the save feature won't work anymore.) )
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:31 pm

haha, I remember something about "get kicked by silver 100 times and he'll give you a masterball" (or was it a pokemon, can't remember>A>) I was about to try that but i got bored lol~ *one of the stupid kids*

And there was this old grandma in rse that would give you something if you keep resting at her house for 100 times>A>

I'm pretty sure none of those are true, given how silly it sounds, but is the 100 rocket launches at space center to catch jirachi thing true? And what does the wish rock do, anyway>A>

And I've completed 4/5 of the trainer stars, but I'm not sure what to do for the last one (emerald). Anything good comes after getting them all?
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:09 pm

No, pretty much every rumor was false, much to my chargrin. I was nine years old in the middle of the craze, so I got to experience them all. I wish I could remember all of the crazy stuff I heard. I remember my best friend telling me that Missing no. killed all of his pokemon (I do mean killed). Even though I'm sure he was lying, I have to admit it was strange when he traded me his Blastoise and it later literally dissapeared from my game....(which to this day I still havent figured that mystery out, and it sucks because I traded my venasaur for it...the first Lv. 100 I ever had! Sad )

@ Tweetums: acutally its the gold and silver carts that have the battery problem. Some (or should I say a lot) of red,blue, and yellows do have save issues (my first blue erased on me like 5 times within the first year I bought it back on my 8th birthday!) but you can still find working ones....gold and silver are practically guaranteed to stop saving after like 10 years...and its so expensive to buy a new one online.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm

another question then, what does the mystery gift do?O_o (gsg & rse)

I had an interesting encounter tho, I tried to release every pokemon I had and for some reason my azumarill refused to be releasedXD (no I still have some pokemon with me that time and azumarill ain't my last pokemon, boy am I a loving trainer my pokemon loves>8D)

I wished I knew what gathering the trainer stars will do tho... I worked hard to complete my pokedex once and all I got in return was some kind of certificate that did nothing from the gamefreak peeps in the game>A>

and my gold version can't even work anymore>A> I had to place a piece of tissue at the back of the cartridge so that it'll receive the signal but I can't get it to work now even if I tried that>A>
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Yep, my yellow wouldn't even run! (after opening the cartridge we found out the chip literally unloosened itself and it took some soldering to make it run again. And when it finally DID work, then I found it didn't save. I told my dad to solder the battery on too, but he refused (stating, who cares about saving in this game? I assume he thought pokemon was kinda like tetris. 0.o) and after explaining to him for another hr, that this was an RPG (which he didn't know what that meant either) and that saving was vital, he fixed my yellow, and now it's all good!

But one of my friends has a silver which saves perfectly fine! I traded him my Pokemon yellow (which at the time; the save did not work) and he gave me his silver, which I gladly played. I even saw his last save point still fine and proper! (he beat the elite 4, but didn't go to kanto. I don't even think he knows that kanto was in silver...) and after him playing my yellow for 6-7 hrs, he found the save didn't work, and...he demanded his silver back. (That's when I told my dad to fix my save battery)

aki: the mystery gift was bcause in crystal, they actually had cellphones connected to the gbc, which could send gifts and such to other cellphones. And you could also send the GS ball (celebi anyone?), and that's what it did. But bcause cellphones were not yet a hit in America, they removed that function. I dunno bout the American version. I think it's a potion.

And you finished the dex! Congrats! I wish I could...
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 pm

lol I didn't even have a cellphone during that time... no wonder~=w=

haha, that's what happens when your cousins are avid pokemon fan who has any version you want~!XDD Well, only finished the hoenn one tho, got the few pokemon that I couldn't get in emerald (roselia, surskit etc) from my cousins=w= I remembered I managed to get a one of the gse starters after that (tho I can't remember which was it, since me,my bro and my cousin were arguing which starter we should take, I think I took chikorita>A>) In frlg I think it's raikou entei suicune if u completed the dex, I totally forgot>A>

but I already restarted, lol I dunno how my mind works... it's crazy I tell ya>A> (but also cos there wasn't much to do after completing the dex)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Actually, the cell phone service was a completely different function....the mystery gift in gold, silver, and crystal only worked with gameboy color. It was like trading without a link cable. You and a friend would each take your gameboy colors and line up the infared sensors on the top of the systems (bet you didnt even notice they were there, huh?) and then each person would turn on mystery gift, and both would recieve a random item. (This is in all versions, American or otherwise). That's why the mystery gift in pokemon stadium 2 gives you items. You could also mystery gift with the pocket pet pikachus.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 pm

What does it do in FR/LG?
PS: I think the cubone-marowak-kangaskan thing might be true, but there is no real proof for missing no. to be connected, it's just theory.
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 pm

In the GBA games, Mystery Gift is used for the Nintendo Events, like to get the Aurora and Mystic Tickets.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:09 pm

I remember that mystery gift (other than doing bill's grampa's "quests") was the only way to get thunder,water, and fire stones in gsc...I hated it that it took me so long to trade anyone I wanted to evolve over to my red version just to buy a stone and evolve it, b/c it was like a 1 in 1000 chance that you'd get a stone through mystery gift, much less the stone you needed!

That's also what the battle house was for in Viridian city in gsc. Where you normally face Cal, instead if you mystery gifted somebody you would face the person you last mystery gifted (sorta the precursor to secret base battles in rse)
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Mystery gifts sure are weird...

Anyways, I was bored and looking around mangafox (new chapters sweet!), and I found a thread on hgss. It even showed a picture of the hgss chapter. Apparently the legendary pokemon of the arc is Arceus (which makes sense, cause he DOES appear). And gold was facing off against arceus (bets anyone? Arceus...) but the weirdest part is the ages. Gold and silver are 16, meaning the original dexholders are now (20ish?)

Now this calls for a WEIRD situation. Some people may like Red as a 20 year old (cue fangirls), but how will they have future dexholder reunions? Groups of 10 year olds, teenagers and Adults? That doesn't make any sense. Some may say the original dexholders will disappear from the story but some say they will stay.

How do you guys feel? Do you think the original dexholders will still be an active part of the storyline? Or do you think they're too old to be main characters.

It's pretty weird that the originals are now adults. (is yellow still short? XD)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm pretty excited to see 20ish red, green or blue. to be honestXD From a fangirl's point of view>W>

I dun want them to disappear;A;
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:16 pm

gyuuu~....20-year-old Red....*.* >x3 gyuuuuuuu~~~
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread - Page 5 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I think it may be just the right age to experiment more with the romance side of things...hint hint
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next