Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread

+37
Sir_Sniper
silent storm
RAGECANDYBAR
martianunicorn
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
mcbrent
system
iFranticShipper
カイリ
TheViolentTomboy
Zephyr
chrisman1024
VGmaster
Marley
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Belisaria
Kanon
Supernova
~Dewy~
Nol
whatthechuck3
Razor-Leaf
dabeatmaster123
Eclanday
Hotrod198
Skitter
Aki11
Pakken
Raichu111092
Mrtweetums
Joyfulldreams
Goddess_of_Random
Ama-chan
dawsoc
dirksies
videofan9864
Mylodon
41 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Social communications thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Social communications thread

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Well lets see, in the manga: An elementary school teacher was engaged to his student (but I thought it was oh-so-cute), Toya and Yukito (both boys and best friends) are about as couple-y as you can get without being overly...couple-y, Sakura had a huge crush on Yukito (who was like 10 years older than her) for the longest time. Syaoran (a boy) THOUGHT he had a crush on Yukito (who is the same sex and also 10 years older), and Tomoyo (a girl) has had a hugely unrequitted crush on Sakura (her best friend) for...pretty much ever since they first met. (But Tomoyo is oh-so-amazing. It's really true love. All she wants is for Sakura to be happy, and she doesn't care if it's her doing that or Syaoran.)

The only really 'acceptable' couple is Syaoran and Sakura (GOD ITS SO CUTE), and even then people would argue that it's horrible because they're only in 5th grade. XDDD

But, Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my favorite series. and like I said, CLAMP is all about the emotions of love, and to them it doesn't matter who it's between. BUT NO KISSING SCENES. You won't find any PHYSICAL love anywhere.

And don't even THINK of the dubbed Cardcaptor Sakura anime as Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptor Sakura dub (excuse me, "Cardcaptors") wiped every single possible GOOD point of Cardcaptor Sakura off of the show. The voice acting is horrible, any and all good scenes were cut out and all relationships of any kind were written out. The character's personalities were pretty much warped (Sakura goes from a cute, kind, caring, and sometimes confused little girl into a pompous little brat.) It's like they tried to turn it into a Shonen anime or something. Dear GOD. It is the worst dub in the history of dubbing. DAMN 4KIDS.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 pm

XD poor joy. luckily I only ever really read the manga. i have the entire first arc back at home. After that I had to start saving up for school and buying manga that typically had the same plot (though ADORABLE), and very little fanservice (something I was finding infuriating in a world where you can find oh-so-many equally adorable manga where characters you want together actually TOUCH or something) was not something I felt was financially smart. >>;

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:45 pm

GOD I LOVE SYAORAN AND SAKURA. BOTH TRC AND CCS. KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! *dies*

*just looked up some adorable sakuraxsyaoran clips*

*dies from kawaiiness*
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEN!!!!!!~

*cheepcheepcheep*

:'C

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ShenCS!
And Happy Birthday Again Boss Lady!
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Happy Birthday Shen, but where is he anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 pm

He's probably partying. Happy bday shen!!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 pm

seven o'clock in the morning lol

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:13 am

Happy birthday, fearless leader...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 am

highly doubt he's gonna come, but happy birthday anyway~

digimon is what that got me into anime in the first placeXDDD im like the most obsessed hikari fan everXDD (well im a girl but i still can like female characters right lol>W<) still draws her up till now. And beyblade, not to mention pokemon adventures, cardcaptor sakura, fruits basket and all the cool shizz i forgot<W< fma is like the most epic manga everrrrr*A* it's so epic that I purely like the story by itself, i don't ship any pairing inside or anything...

it's pretty obvious in the manga that tomoyo likes sakura, and someone forgot clow r(something, man bad memory is bad)'s reincarnation and sakura's female teacher~ (and i cant remember either of their names, orz) It's kinda like a relationship with a huge age gap too, tho eriole(err, sp)'s mentality's pretty old and all.

and, im not that against yaoi, the japanese don't use the term shonen ai at all .yaoi in japan refers to all kinds of homosexual guy behavior in anime/manga, be it mentally or physically. It's just that i didn't want yaoi and yuri to come into pokemon adventures, it didn't quite fit the hot blooded best of friends/rivals relationship red and green share. Romances between them will totally spoil their actual mentality towards each other, and the character's personality in general, i would think. (ps: my first doujin's yaoi, or shonen ai, just to say that it's not explicit content. not that there are many het doujins lying around places in my fandoms that arent either hentai or in my country.. mostly ship bl for the lolsXDD)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 am

Things that got me into anime would have to be Kimba, Astroboy, Akira.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:21 pm

I love digimon... I guess you guys knew I'd say something like this, but my fav pairings on there are TaixMatt (Yamachi!!!! >w< ) and TKxKari (you can't argue with that kind of canon - not even YOU DAVIS OnO )

And yea Aki, FMA is just one of those that the plot is so amazing it doesn't even give you time to worry about finding (or making up) pairings. XD It's pure awesome without romance.

And yea... IDK what happened to Shen. I hope it wasn't b/c of me that he left... I know that sounds kinda selfish and pigheaded, but I had heard all these things about how he wanted to do script, and then I showed up, and got the part, and all of a sudden he disappeared... :C

ADDED NOTE: I don't know where everyone got this idea (besides my jokes I guess) that I was planning on inputting yaoi into any and everything. Trust me, I AM NOT. You guys don't need to defend or explain why there shouldn't be yaoi in Pokemon Adventures - I KNOW. I was never, nor am I ever, planning on putting yuri, yaoi, furries, loch ness monsters, odd looks, hand holding, smooching, unrequited love, or perversion/signs of OOC love of any shape or sort into this. So there. Yeesh. (sorry if that sounded biyatchy, it wasn't to any one person in particular, but I wanted to make sure this was all cleared up) <3

Aki wrote:it didn't quite fit the hot blooded best of friends/rivals relationship red and green share.
Palletshipping.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Nah, Rain we've just been kidding on the yoai thing...(at least I hope, gulp, lol) As for shen...who knows...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm

I love FMA a lot too! 8D However, I sometimes just can't help but think that Winry and Ed are seriously adorable and fit so well together. It doesn't even feel like a ship in the sense that it's just sort of like THERE. Outside of the fandom, almost no fangirlling needed. It's really weird. 0o

I mean, come on, you've watched Brotherhood right? It
s got some amazing awesome stuff in there. The Ed and Winry moments are really unlike much I've seen in anime and manga becuase they arn't CUTE, they don't make me fangirl or anything, but it's just got this 'they have a strong relationship' vibe...aaagh I have no idea what I am saying. XDD

And YEAH! Digimon. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Ah digimon. 2nd anime I ever watched. (the first was pokemon since I was 3, explaining why I am so defensive of the original anime)

ah, don't worry rain. We all knew you were kidding. And don't worry about shen. It's probably not that. He's just probably really busy.

Fma! I haven't read the whole thing yet. But I heard it's good! I'm starting to get into it. But I heard it had a bad ending? So I dunno about that, but I'm still on chapter 15ish.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Ah dangit. I didn't even realize it was Shen's birthday >.< Well, Happy Belated Birthday then!
Zephyr
Zephyr
Team Leader

Music Team Forum Team Audio Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm

FREAKING DIGIMON was my favorite thing. xD I was the biggest TKxKari shipper I knew when I was eight... and I still am... man, why'd they have to sink the ships at the end? Ruin all our hopes and dreams! Yeesh.
>> I got picked on for liking it, too, 'cause everyone insisted it was a Pokémon rip-off. Pshhhh. Say what you will, I still maintain that Digimon Adventure/02 was a MUCH better anime than the Pokémon anime could ever dream of being. It had like... characters... and such. With personalities. x_o Am I too hard on the Pokémon anime, or is it really as formulaic as I think?
But it is kinda what got me started on anime, as I lost interest in the Pokémon anime pretty early on. And then... well then was Fruits Basket, actually. </girrrrll>

No canon yaoi or yuri in my Pokémon. Nope nope.
Still, today I just had to wonder how many readers supported JadeShipping before Yellow's big reveal. Like, at that point in time before that part of the arc came out.
Even though it wasn't really hard to tell anyway. >> I recognized her from RGB.
I'unno, the thought just popped into my head today. o_o

I, being a noobienoob, never met Shen, but I still have to wonder what happened to him.
Happy birthday to him nonetheless.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm

Digimon was a pretty good show. (but the ending of 02? Malomyotis being destroyed by DREAMS? a no-no)

hm! Fruits basket was the only shoujo thing I ever seen. And it's pretty good! Though I haven't really read the manga...
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm

The best digimon arc is definately the third season for me. At least as far as the English dubs go. I watched the first two when I was a kid, but after going back and watching some of the different seasons, the third was the only one that I was able to say...wow, this is a good show. It was a lot less kiddy and corney than the others. The most recent one (fifth I think), wasn't that bad either in my opinion. (though the first season still holds a soft spot in my heart, lol) Btw, did anyone actually play the video games? I really liked the first one, as it was just like the digimon tamagotchis (which I loved) but the second one was terrible...the third was okay...but the second one was just...ugh, I can't even begin to describe it...
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Digimon I rember watching it on FOX KIDS as a kid. I saw the first episode when it's first aired on fox. I start watching pokemon by the time Tom Snap came in and I been watching on and off ever seice.
My favorite season was the first one. The third was the best I think and Guilmon is my favorite digimon. Tai is favorite Character and I also realy like Kari.

Red from pokespecial remind me more of Tai then Ash and Yellow is kinda like Kari. I guss pokespecial may have more incommon with digimon thin the pokemon anime.
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 pm

ZOMG, I love digimon! I still read the fanfics every now and then, and last Winter break was dedicated to re-watching all of the digimon seasons on Youtube. (my family thought I had lost it) I still read a couple of digimon fanfics which are my favorite on Fanfiction 8D (yeah, i'm a nerd). The only other anime i've watched is Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh (Yu-gi-oh abridged!!!!11), Ouran Host Club, and RomeoxJuliet.
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 pm

I would have to say I watch Digimon too up until after the 3rd season when they started combining with the digimon but i hear it went back to normal after that.
Also, SaiTurtlesninjaNX you like Guilmon too? I guess that makes the both of us.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:34 pm

ugh, the Fruits Basket anime, while adorable and fun, is nowhere near as amazing as the manga. so there.

I love digimon fanfics too dirks! But half the time they overplay too many things (Tai's pigheadedness, Matt's depressiveness, TK and Kari's naiveness, Izzy's nerdness, etc.). I stick to pkmn for the most part, since it's so easy to research XD

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:38 pm

*nods* that's true. It's really hard to find any good fanfics that doesn't exagerate the characters to some extent. If you ever want a good digimon fic, just ask me. It's all OCs, but it is AMAZING!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread - Page 16 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod198 Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 am

What do u guys think a good digimon fic should be? I tried writing one and it was an epic fail... But ive wanted to try writing a different one. So yeah. Q and A time!
Hotrod198
Hotrod198

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next