Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread ver. 2

+55
Meedle
PokeFan72
Tsurugi
The Black Glove
Jonk
megaman
Kellan
Chaosbrix
john
MastermindHen
Tākoizu-Chan
Minto-chan
KamonPeachFox
Blackmagebard
alicetama
Katosen27
TheViolentTomboy
videofan9864
pokemonv3
OneToTen
yeahtoast
RainbowMunchies
Memieko
Keyhala
How are you?
Philman
Alexie82818
Zephyr
Kazaazz
HamsterPants
Red_the_knight
Vanilla Twilight
Skotein
gold
Skillfulness
Razor-Leaf
Aki11
VGmaster
Nol
Passerby Boy
Joyfulldreams
Supernova
dirksies
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
Marley
silent storm
~Dewy~
dawsoc
カイリ
SunnyHinataKawaii
whatthechuck3
Mrtweetums
UberGabel
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
59 posters

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Kazaazz Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 pm

I've got the perfect quote from YGOTAS now. Seriously.

Prepare for trouble!
And make it double!
To protect the world from Japanimation!
To overthrow the Kaiba Corporation!
To denounce the meaning of the original dub!
To extend our reach to the world above!
Team 4Kids blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth: That's right!

Totaly owned. It's in episode 47 for all to watch!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Aha! Littlekuriboh, will you ever fail to impress?

I liked the beginning of episode 47. (I wondered if someone would ever comment on the britishness of epi6)

bloody 'ell! Apples and pears. Fish and chips!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Wait wait I got another one!

Yami: Be very careful, Joey! (with subtitle saying: Actual 4Kids dialogue).
Tea: Great advice, Pharaoh.
Later that duel:
Yami: Joey, be very VERY careful!
After Joey gets hit by lightning:
Yami: If only he had been careful!
When Joey runs to Mai's aid during her duel against Melvin/Marik:
Yami:(climbing up to save Joey) Joey, what did I tell you about being careful?
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:33 pm

ROOOAOAAAAAWWWRRRR!!
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Until a freakin' volcano went all Pompeii on them!

Hilarious!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Mrtweetums wrote:Until a freakin' volcano went all Pompeii on them!

Hilarious!
Wink thank you! It was an ad-lib.... I was desperate!

those poor poor Cinnabar souls. So there's absolutely no way of them fixing that island, is there? I always wonder what happens after Gold and Silver... hmm, then again there are those Sevii islands.

I totally killed this convo, didn't I?
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:18 am

XD Maybe cause no one could think of anything to say dude. But how about, since you're still fairly new here and all, I ask the fated question: What's your favourite Pokemon game???!!!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 am

Just FWI Phill, try to refrain from double posting, lol. It's no big deal, it just saves precious space...not meaning to call you out or anything Smile So I edited your post accordingly, no biggie XD.

And seeing as I'm late to the party...your series is AMAZING!
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Isn't it? He always comments on stuff I never noticed before. Yeah,I'm that unobservant XD.
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm

haha alright, sorry about that one! And thank you VERY much, Chuck! I'm glad it's actually entertaining and informative! I usually have a lot of self-doubt in that sort of department, and usually feel very relieved and excited when I hear/read otherwise! Smile

Kazaazz wrote:XD Maybe cause no one could think of anything to say dude. But how about, since you're still fairly new here and all, I ask the fated question: What's your favourite Pokemon game???!!!

...sorry in advance if I start rambling...
that's a difficult question, since I've started with Pokemon Red (despite Blue being my all-time favorite color... as a kid I thought I'd have to be stuck with Blastoise throughout the Blue Version) because I wanted Charizard, and just to be ultra-sure, I bought my least favorite color game! Then I moved on to Yellow -- okay, yeah I did start with Yellow. I rented a Gameboy Color and the Yellow version at Blockbuster before getting the Red Version... because all I had was a half-broken Gameboy Classic (it was transparent too!)... but then I GOT Yellow and a GBC for my birthday, and Yellow's graphics and color hues really make me feel nostalgic...
you know, when Gold and Silver came out, I was really opposed to it. I bet everyone had a certain stage when their favorite thing becomes "lame" and "gay" and then they deny their liking to it for maybe half-a-year, and then get back to it later on. In my case it was all "Dragonball Z!!" after Pokemon.
So yeah, then I actually got Gold from a friend of mine, who never really wanted it to begin with... and I played that too.. and I liked it a looooot. That was 2001. So what's my favorite Pokemon game? Gold I think. But then again, Crystal was in improvement wasn't it? Augh. I'll just be classic and say Red and Blue are my favorite. I always feel kind of adventurous starting to play that game again, I don't know why. It's not for nostalgic reasons, because I know what nostalgia feels like; I think because Red and Blue are so simple, but also pretty diverse... and is it me, but do the first gens feel the most "free" in terms of gameplay? Hardly anyone there to talk your ear off or give you mandatory advice ("B B B B B B!!! I know! SHUT UP!"), and it kind of let's you explore things on your own a lot more.

am I making sense or am I rambling? I talk like an old man. Maybe I really AM an old man! In that case, I hope I look like this.
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:33 pm

I keep reading this page and feel I'm missing something totally obvious >.<

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by How are you? Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Kazaazz wrote:XD Maybe cause no one could think of anything to say dude. But how about, since you're still fairly new here and all, I ask the fated question: What's your favourite Pokemon game???!!!

Well now, that's a question I can awnser!
Let's see, the first game I ever got was Yellow, along with my first (and only) GBA. However, I couldn't get the hang of it as a child, and I got pass the nugget bridge and quit after that.
I never got Gold or Silver (the original), but my friend showed it off to me.
Finally, I got Ruby and Saphire! I'm not sure if it was the pokemon, music or whatever, but I really sat down and played these games. I guess the color really made it stand out, and the pokemon were easier to train (the bar helped), plus, I didn't have to worry about connecting to the older games!
So yeah, I like the third generation, specifically Ruby pikachu Oh, and it's also my favorite arc, in terms of manga!
How are you?
How are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by AkieTara Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 am

Yeah, Ruby was my favorite too. XD Terms of games and manga character.

The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of day and night times. :'D Oh well.

I just enjoyed the concepts is all. Also, skitty was the bomb. D:<
I always caught a skitty.
AkieTara
AkieTara
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

http://akie-tara.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Oh, that's easy... I think... maybe... no, not really.

I think, Platinum. I had so much fun with Platinum. It may have been because that was the time when I sucked my friends back into Pokémon and we would sit in circles at lunchtime trading and making poffins... good times. But it was a very good game.
Sapphire version will always hold a special place for me, and I'm not even sure why. I feel like a horrible child admitting it, but that was when I really got hooked on Pokémon. I mean, I played Blue and Silver versions when I was little (those were the ones my brother would allow me to play), but I didn't get thoroughly addicted until Sapphire. My imagination bloomed a little late, I guess; Sapphire immersed me like Blue and Silver didn't because I sort of created a persona for my little walking pixel blob and really got into being that character.
But for some reason... I could never even make it through the remakes. I tended to lose interest, even though Blue is my favorite player character ever and it's awesome to play as her... I've yet to finish FireRed. Or HeartGold, for that matter... I should get to that.

Though, I think White, once I get it, is gonna be a contender. o_o I'm one of those weird kids who actually thinks the series is getting better... well, okay, the pokémon designs themselves aren't getting better, but the games are!
And I hear it has kanji display mode. THANK GOODNESS. WHAT A LIFESAVER! >> Without kanji, Japanese just looks like gibberish to me; I can pronounce it, sure, but it's much more difficult to figure out what it means.

(xD And for those of you who remember who the heck I am, I do still keep up with this project, I swear!. I just haven't had much to say, and as an auditioning VA for characters that don't show up until the next volume, my job hasn't come up yet.)
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 am

Who are you?

:p

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:12 am

'Name's Billy Bob. Pleasure to meet'cha.
Marley
Marley
Supporter
Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:41 am

Ah~ Fav pokemon games is it?

...Well, I'm going to be a real weirdo here and say my fav pokemon game was Pokemon SNAP. I mean, I love the battling in both old and new games and I loved being a hero and all, but Pokemon Snap was just so fun to play~ I especially loved the bit with Mew; me and my friends would compete for hours trying to get the 'best' shots of it, until we all got bored and decided to bonk Poliwags on the head with apples or do the endless charmander line-up trick~ <3
...I really wish there was a Pokemon Snap2... TT~TT
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:39 am

Haha, you know Pokepark wii is gonna have a picture function, Raven?

But as for me, I've been into the series since the beginning. You could almost call Pokemon Blue my first video game. (I had a Super NES for a year or two before I got Pokemon, but I only had 2 games for it and I never really played them that much). I can still remember the day I got Blue (actually I can pretty much remember the day I got every pokemon version...considering that most of them come out around my birthday Very Happy). It was my 8th birthday and my parents decided to buy me a Gameboy Pocket (so unfortunately I've never played a classic gb...but I find that I'm kinda the rare one out of the bunch, as most people I know never played a pocket...so HA). My parents took me to Walmart to buy my first game for it, and since I had just gotten into the tv show, I bought Blue version. I remember I ran around in circles, trying to find out why Oak was not in his lab...it took me forever to figure out that I had to run out into the grass. Plus the idea of a save feature was a new one on me, so I just restarted the game over and over again until I discovered the wonders of saved progress. And the rest is history, I got Gold and Silver when they came out, same with Crystal and unlike my peers I continued playing on through Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Finally, with the release of Diamond and Pearl, pokemon started to make a come back...(which makes me think of an interesting theory as to pokemon's decline...as Phil said, I think that the reason it "fell off the map" for a while is because Ruby and Sapphire came out about the same time that the original fanbase entered Middle School, the era when everything you used to love becomes uncool. And Diamond and Pearl came out around High School, when you realize that the things you the things you used to love become nostalgic. That also could attribute to the age gap. Most people 17 and under consider RSE their favorite b/c they don't remember or didn't have access to the older generation as much). I finally had people to play pokemon with again! It brought back a lot of the social spectrum to the games that I had been missing for so many years, and still continues to.

So...wow that was a long rant, lol. I'd have to say my favorite's are in a tie. I'd have to say my favorites are GSC and DPP. GSC is my most played, but DDP renewed that social aspect for me...IDK.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 am

wow all you guys have such different backstories on these things. We should just compile them all and turn them into a Pokemon Memories Book!
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:43 pm

A Pokemon memories book would be adorable! =3

I started playing with Red in elementary school and this was pretty much was the reason I had a GameBoy. Then I got one from each generation-ish as they came out: Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond, and now SoulSilver. I used to collect the trading cards too and obsessively watch the anime, but the games is what really has stuck with me. I think the only ones I've ever actually beaten are Red and Silver *shot*, but that doesn't mean I didn't have fun playing them!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 pm

When did everyone start quoting ygotas ?

...And what's with my green hair? Man.I have really got to cut down on the drugs.

Back to top Go down

Post by AkieTara Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Philman wrote:wow all you guys have such different backstories on these things. We should just compile them all and turn them into a Pokemon Memories Book!
That'd be cool. XD

I know that I wouldn't have one of my best friends if it weren't for a Torchic doll. Lulz

Heh, Chuck. You just made me look up "Gameboy Pocket" on google. XD
AkieTara
AkieTara
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

http://akie-tara.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:58 pm

See what I mean! lol. Actually come to think of it, I guess my favorite game's probably HG...it's the perfect combination of my tie XD...and on that note, XD is porbably my favorite side game...granted I loved the original stadium games (the announcer in PBR doesn't hold a candle to the Stadium announcer). But I've always been attracted to the idea of a fully 3d pokemon adventure...who knows, maybe with the 3DS we'll actually get one...unlikely, but who knows. For now XD's as close as we got, lol.
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Mr007: I ban you for totally stealing my line 2 pages ago!

Wait..wrong thread.

Hm...my pokemon game history...
Well, the first game my brother and I ever played was silver. (ah...nostalgia!)
It was awesome! (well, all I actually did was look over his shoulder and yell at him when he failed to catch a pokemon, but still!) I remember us (him) getting stuck at ice cave. (the stupid boulders!) ah, those were the days!
But the first time I bought myself a gameboy was about...2 years ago. I bought an advance for 25 bucks, and bought pokemon yellow to boot! (I loved that game! (which I've never played until then, but I saw my brother play it!) and...
The danged cartridge didn't work. No response. Nadda.
Only after a year, when I asked my dad to try to fix it for me, did I get a valid response.
And...I played my first pokemon game in real life! (you can bet I was pumped!)
but I always wanted something more...and when I heard of HGSS, I was estatic! A return to the nostalgia so long ago! (and the features...you can bet that I knew that this was the best pokemon game ever!) so I finally got myself a ds, and soul silver (to pay homage to my past), and I began. And it...was...amazing.
So naturally, my favorite would have to be Soul Silver. I mean, all of the best, new features from the previous games making a comeback in the game (such as pikachu following me around), with a great nostalgia factor to boot!

My favorite pokemon game, by far! (and it'll always be the best!)

aw shoot, I ranted again...
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by FaisLittleWhiteRaven Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah, I know that WTC but... It's not compedative photo-taking!
And there's no option to pummel Mew with apples~ X3
Speaking of Pokepark, I bought it yesterday~ And I've already completely won the game... Befriended all the pokemon, bested all the minigame highscores and even done the passwords for Pikachu's surfboard, snowboard and balloons... *sigh* Well, it was fun while it lasted.
------
XD and Colosseum... I remember first playing those and being totally surprised at how much more dark and gritty they were compared to the usual games. They need to make another game based in Orre sometime; it'll be a good chance for Tv Tropes to come up with more pokemon Fridge horror~ X3
------
...Maybe we should write that Pokemon memories book, complete with most funny, strange and happy moments~ I'd love to read that~ XD
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
Staff

Illustration Team Voice Team VA Critic! Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 13 Bg10

http://faislittlewhiteraven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next