Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread ver. 2

+55
Meedle
PokeFan72
Tsurugi
The Black Glove
Jonk
megaman
Kellan
Chaosbrix
john
MastermindHen
Tākoizu-Chan
Minto-chan
KamonPeachFox
Blackmagebard
alicetama
Katosen27
TheViolentTomboy
videofan9864
pokemonv3
OneToTen
yeahtoast
RainbowMunchies
Memieko
Keyhala
How are you?
Philman
Alexie82818
Zephyr
Kazaazz
HamsterPants
Red_the_knight
Vanilla Twilight
Skotein
gold
Skillfulness
Razor-Leaf
Aki11
VGmaster
Nol
Passerby Boy
Joyfulldreams
Supernova
dirksies
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
Marley
silent storm
~Dewy~
dawsoc
カイリ
SunnyHinataKawaii
whatthechuck3
Mrtweetums
UberGabel
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
59 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Aki11 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 am

@mr007: I don't know what you're getting at, but be it a prank or not. Please stop copying the lines of our fellow members (tho technically this isn't a rule...), especially when you are really disturbing them this way...

I'm sure you don't want to be banned for spamming and such...
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am

Raven: They already did, silly! Pokemon XD, Gale of Darkness is set in Orre, 3 or 5 years after the events of Colosseum. Didn't you know that?
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 am

Haha, she meant OTHER than XD and Colloseum, Joy, lol. She even mentioned XD in her post Very Happy
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Oh...did she? o_o OOPS I must have mistook the XD for the emote XD..........XD

see? i use that face too often. >.>; I'm confusing myself.
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by How are you? Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey, I played Pokemon Colloseum and XD! Ah, that was the first game I got two level one-hundred pokemon (Colloseum, that is)... Ah, Espeon and Umbreon, Sunlight and Moonbeam...
Hmm, something happened to my XD game and when the pokemon started to make their noises it would stop working...
Oh, and I ADORE the idea for a Memory Book! I already have a story that is kinda funny and cool at the same time, so I could tell it... :>w<:
How are you?
How are you?

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Hmm, well, since everybody ELSE is saying how they got into pokemon...

I supposed I watched the show for a bit when I was younger, although I barely remember it. I mostly watched cartoon network shows like powerpuff girls, and I was a total Sailor Moon fanatic. (My 6th birthday was sailor-moon themed. We wore costumes.) The only games I ever played were computer games and such, and when I was about 8 and was living in Florida...uuuuugh...had no friends and bla bla BLA, my parents got me a Gameboy Advanced SP along with Pokemon Sapphire, Sonic Advanced 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3 for Hanuka!

8D I plugged Sapphire in and...I think those 3 games, along with my collection of chevron cars, sailor moon dolls + barbies, and beanie babies collection (ALL dogs and cats....I had them set up in families and played with them like dolls, same thing with the chevron cars.), were the things that kept me from going insane from loneliness, seriously. XD

I played Sapphire for a while, and I sucked at it a LOT. (I didn't catch Kyogre. I mean WTF I sucked. XD) But, Since I was still pretty into pokemon when we moved back to Cali, my mom saw there was this comic in the book store called 'pokemon adventures' and she got 3 random volumes for me. I was going to a summer camp, and I needed plenty of books to keep me occupied...and I loooooved those 3 books. I think they were volumes 1, 3 and 5...I read each of them like 15 times. XD I was so sad I didn't have the rest...

I supposed my love for pokemon died down pretty much when I was about 11-13, but then one day I remembered that comic that I really loved and looked it up online. I found Pokespe, read all the way through it from beginning to end and my love for pokemon was renewed! 8D Since then I've bought a bunch of other games and became the obsessed poke-nerd that I am today. XD TA-DAAAH.

WOOT rant over. THat was way too long, you guys probably think I'm conceited or something. XD
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 am

Philman wrote:wow all you guys have such different backstories on these things.

You know, that's funny because I was just surprised by how similar our circumstances were. I too started out with Yellow by renting it, and then I got Blue version(because blue was my all-time favorite color), and then I was disappointed to see my(awesome-looking)Wartortle evolve into this abomination:
Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 147505-Z4T7382

I bought Yellow shortly after Blue as well, I even remember picking it up off the shelf at Sam's Club. And I really enjoyed that game, very nostalgic.

I wasn't thrilled about the new generation either, but I eventually embraced it when I got my hands on Silver Version for Christmas. That game gave me such a blast, I think those were the best years of my childhood. I was so obsessed with the generation that I rushed to buy Crystal Version as soon as it came out, and I was really in love with that game too, the animations had me very impressed. It seemed like some technological breakthrough or something. lol It was reason enough to buy it.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 pm

aww no way, man! That's pretty amazing. Almost exactly like me!

and yeah, that Blastoise does look.... hm.
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazaazz Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 pm

So...everyone's doing their Pokemon life story? Guess I'll do mine.

Being only 17 it's a little fuzzy but Red was my first game. I chose Squirtle, cause it was the cutest ^W^ but I remember how strangely compelling it was to play, like really addicting. But Red was only the first step, Silver is what I really want to talk about.

It basically made me adore Pokemon forever more. The COLOUR, the new beautifully designed region, 100 more Pokemon and an awesome story...and don't get me started on the music.

Of course I chose Cyndaquil here (cause it was cute obviously)...and I don't know why, but it was even more addictive than Red and catching every Pokemon just seemed natural to me. I only got to 246 though >_>. Lugia was easy enough to catch but Ho-Oh? Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball didn't make it budge even when it was asleep and on it's last breath. So I got so mad in my youth that I killed it and saved XD. But I raised my Lugia to lvl 100 in recompence lol. The one thing I regret I didn't do on Silver before my file got corrupted was figure out the puzzles in the Ruins of Alph. But I did them so easily on SS I wondered what kind of kid I was back then >~>.

Now of course during this time I had taken to watching the anime. There was a sort of per of peroid where I didn't watch it all and missed the entirety of the Hoenn arc although I got into it again midway through the Battle Frontier. At first I didn't really mind the repetitiveness of the show in Johto but in Hoenn and Sinnoh I was criticising every episode, the character of the day, how they differ from the games that sort of thing. Best Wishes is up for a review soon when there's more episodes.....

Around when I got Ruby I got Colosseum and a Gamecube which I genuinely enjoyed. I've always had a thing for JRPGs anyway but seeing it in Pokemon made it all the more awesome. In XD too I enjoyed it too, but Battle Revolution...not so much. Unfortunately I didn't have the privilege to play Pokemon Stadium much as I didn't have an N64. So I basically skipped a whole generation. (I've played LoZ:OoTand SM64 don't worry!)

Ruby was great as well, but I didn't find it as involving for me as Silver, though I really liked the double battles. Either way it was Pokemon so I wasn't complaining. Oh and I chose Treecko. Cause I hadn't had a grass starter yet pikachu. FireRed was much better though...oh so much better...*shot*

Now Pearl...overall great, though the new designs of the Pokemon threw me off sometimes I found it enjoyable.(I chose Chimchar cause it's a monkey) SS was a dream come true though *goes to replay it with my second copy*

B/W have perked my interest though...it really does look better than gen 4 was. And when I heard that the levels required to complete the game have gone through the roof, I exploded with happinness. THey're FINALLY using the oldest trick in the book to its greatest potential! Anything above 70 in gen4 is considered for showing off but now we have reasons! Yaaaaay!
Kazaazz
Kazaazz

Forum Team Music Team VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

http://kazaazz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 am

woah O: evryone has amzing pokemon story and mine was.. >_>

I actually watched the anime first before playing the game hurr. xD Of course being a kid I was excited and all. >_> then I found the game. I had Yellow and Blue version. I played Blue and my cousin played Yellow. We were not really aiming to catch 'em all, we were aiming for lv. 100 haha. 8D so collect all the badges, pokemon league etc. I chose Squirtle even though I love Bulbasaur. ;_; Because the first gym is Brock. T_T ugh then I regretted it. orz. especially when he evolved. And I remember I especially hated Mt. Moon. XDD

I don't have much memories of Gold because I played halfway then my Gameboy was broken. ;_;

..After that I forgot about pokemon a bit and then I read Pokespe~~ XD So I felt nostalgic and played FireRed hoho. I chose Bulbasaur of course. >w> I played the using the emulator because my GBA is really old and can't function well. T_T (and also because there's too much fake games here)

And that's all. XD The best memory is of course the first gen. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by SaiTurtlesninjaNX Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
Staff

Voice Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/SaiTurtlesninjaNX

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:20 pm

haha! I guess it is Thanksgiving in Canada so...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Um.. Happy thanksgiving~ >w>
what is thanksgiving day actually?

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 am

Like, what is the holiday?
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:20 am

yeah.. what is the holiday about? O_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:24 am

Uuuuh, it's actually pretty stupid and hypocritical. XD So, It's in celebration of the original 'pilgrims' (or colonists) from England coming to North America and setting up a town, and they were having lots of trouble with food, and the natives invited them to a big feast and gave them lots of food and that was really helpful....and so we have a holiday 'giving thanks' for that...

...or something...

..and then we went and killed thousands of the natives, pushed them off their native land, and have been oppressing them for years! 8D Aren't we THANKFUL? TOTALLY. (*sarcasmsarcamssarcasmCOUGHHACKCOUGH*)

Basically, it's a holiday where we stuff our fat faces with lots of food. =_=; ALTHOUGH I'M NOT COMPLAINING 'cause my mom's thanksgiving food is DELICIOUS! Turkey, stuffing, matza ball soup, cranberry sauce, sweet potato....*droooool*
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:39 am

O: ....really? that's.. crazy. >.>;

ancient (?) people are weird and scary I guess. (Valentine's day is about someone being killed right? and we celebrate it?)
..but humans are like that huh? war and stuff. T_T

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 am

Halloween is the only holiday I acknowledge. XD
and christmas, I guess...
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Fakemon Contest Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 am

Ack! Us silly North Americans! (I guess I assumed that everyone knew what it was)

Well yeah, it's a day to be thankful of what we have...(but now I'm all depressed...I guess I never thought of it that way, joy...)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:44 am

haha it's ok, mr tweet. XD just enjoy your holiday and food~ ^^
it's still about being thankful anyway, regardless of it's history. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:53 am

Well, the U.S. holiday was actually put into act by Abraham Lincoln right around the Civil War times to remind the country what they had to be thankful for. Thanksgiving before that was just a yearly harvest festival celebrating, again, the thankfulness of a good harvest. It wasn't until Abraham Lincoln proposed it that it became a national, offical holiday.

Even though it's hypocritical in some respects, I still like it because I get to see my family and we all eat at the same table. =]
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 14 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:17 pm

...I just happen to be very partial to how we treat Native Americans, is all. >.>; One of my favorite authors on the planet is Sherman Alexie, who grew up on an indian reservation and his writing just reveals so much about the lives Native Americans lead, and make it so heart-wrenchingly easy to relate to...

'The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian' is like my favorite book EVER.

For those of you INTERESTED, I am going to type out a big chunk of the first chapter out in spoiler tags JUST because I love it so much.

Spoiler:

And whaddya know, I type out the whole chapter. >.>; GOD I LOVE THIS BOOK AAAGHWJAKWWFWjF*shot*
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:31 pm

whooooa what'd I miss?
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 pm

haha Phil, this thread will change its topic of discussion the next time you log in. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:43 pm

huh! What happened to our super popular social communications thread? It must be all of those other forum games!

Oh wait, I do have a reason for posting! Does anyone have any good books to recommend? I got this bookstore gift card thingy, but I don't know what to buy. So, yeah! Any good suggestions would be great!

And, oh yes! Has anyone heard the news of a Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright crossover?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWXs43TlorU
I've gotta say...madness! (though I do wish I knew Japanese...)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next