Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread ver. 2

+55
Meedle
PokeFan72
Tsurugi
The Black Glove
Jonk
megaman
Kellan
Chaosbrix
john
MastermindHen
Tākoizu-Chan
Minto-chan
KamonPeachFox
Blackmagebard
alicetama
Katosen27
TheViolentTomboy
videofan9864
pokemonv3
OneToTen
yeahtoast
RainbowMunchies
Memieko
Keyhala
How are you?
Philman
Alexie82818
Zephyr
Kazaazz
HamsterPants
Red_the_knight
Vanilla Twilight
Skotein
gold
Skillfulness
Razor-Leaf
Aki11
VGmaster
Nol
Passerby Boy
Joyfulldreams
Supernova
dirksies
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
Marley
silent storm
~Dewy~
dawsoc
カイリ
SunnyHinataKawaii
whatthechuck3
Mrtweetums
UberGabel
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
59 posters

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by HamsterPants Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Aki11 wrote:I can vouch for summer wars being like bokura no war game in digimon. I think I was one of those who couldn't enjoy summer wars to the fullest, because I felt that the director just reused his old concept in a new movie. The plot was overly predictable and was the exact same format as that digimon movie. Though I'd still admit it's really not bad. But I think fellow digimon fans will feel the same way if they watched summer wars.
I agree that the plot was perhaps not the best choice, but the characters more than make up for it in my opinion. I mean, that movie had a lot of characters, and they were all doing their own things at the same time, often many of them were on the screen together, and it's just not something you normally see in anime. All of the characters were unique and not very stereotyped at all, at least, not in ways you normally see in fiction(except for the math geek main character). It's also important to measure in character development, which is extremely important in any work of fiction.
Overall, the plot isn't the greatest, but the characters pick up the slack.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Aki11 Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Everyone, I'm sorry for the lack of activity here but I assure you that I am not slacking and the reason for my inactivity here is for a good cause.

I am currently doing sketch commissions to raise funds for Japan, they are very cheap, $2 per character, $4 for 2, so on so forth. I really hope that there will be people here who will commission. So far these are the samples and commissions that are done. If interested, please tell me, either here or through my deviantArt account, HikariNoSekai.deviantart.com, much thanksC:

For more information, please visit: http://hikarinosekai.deviantart.com/journal/39150912/ Currently we have raised $58SGD and $10USD, since some donated+commissioned up to $20, I'm pooling in $10 as well as part of my donation. I really hope that we can raise more money to help Japan. Sure, they are coping better than Haiti and or Libya; but a crisis is a crisis. We shouldn't discriminate help like that. And come on, Japan's the reason why you guys are here in the first place! So please help if you can!

examples:
Spoiler:
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:38 am

Aki, that's very responsible of you. I'm impressed. If I had confidence in my ability to produce pixel art, I would commission things too. Though people tell me I'm really good.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 am

Aki11 wrote:Everyone, I'm sorry for the lack of activity here but I assure you that I am not slacking and the reason for my inactivity here is for a good cause.

I am currently doing sketch commissions to raise funds for Japan, they are very cheap, $2 per character, $4 for 2, so on so forth. I really hope that there will be people here who will commission. So far these are the samples and commissions that are done. If interested, please tell me, either here or through my deviantArt account, HikariNoSekai.deviantart.com, much thanksC:

For more information, please visit: http://hikarinosekai.deviantart.com/journal/39150912/ Currently we have raised $58SGD and $10USD, since some donated+commissioned up to $20, I'm pooling in $10 as well as part of my donation. I really hope that we can raise more money to help Japan. Sure, they are coping better than Haiti and or Libya; but a crisis is a crisis. We shouldn't discriminate help like that. And come on, Japan's the reason why you guys are here in the first place! So please help if you can!

examples:
Spoiler:

Wow! That's really cool, aki! I think I might comission something....but what?!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks dirks! well it's up to you really, but hopefully human characters, I'll try my best but my animals usually don't meet the standard XD;

It'll be really great if you commission!;w; (Especially since I need a minimum of $25USD to make a paypal donation, therefore overseas commissions are greatly welcomed!)
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Memieko Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:31 am

I saw Panty and Stocking... My friend loves that anime xD
Memieko
Memieko
Team Leader

Illustration Team Animation Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Philman Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:51 pm

oh hey guys, what's been going on?
Philman
Philman
Voice Team
Voice Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Aki11 wrote:Thanks dirks! well it's up to you really, but hopefully human characters, I'll try my best but my animals usually don't meet the standard XD;

It'll be really great if you commission!;w; (Especially since I need a minimum of $25USD to make a paypal donation, therefore overseas commissions are greatly welcomed!)

So...would I need a paypal to get a commisson? And, for the drawing, would I send you a description of the character or some kind of reference?
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmagebard Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Philman wrote:oh hey guys, what's been going on?

Hi there. I don't think I've ever talked to you (seeing as I joined only a couple months ago), but I'm a big fan of your videos.

Well, not much of anything public, that I can tell. Many of the roles for the first episode are taken, and as far as I'm able to discern from Staff comments and whatnot everything is going smoothly.

Oh, and Japan is in trouble. The fact that there was a Tsunami, an earthquake, AND nuclear instability is occuring there are definite signals that they may need help. Read Aki's post to find out how to help.
Blackmagebard
Blackmagebard
Staff

Voice Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

http://americannerd.thecomicseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:58 am

A paypal would be best but anything goes as long as the money can be sent to meX3 A reference would be good, and a description might help in the characterization and all but if not a reference is good enough>W<

@memi: haha, I love that show too~ If you can stand crude and pervy jokes and rather like it, paswg is the show for you<3
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 am

uhm I don't think I'll watch panty & stockings then.. >w> Since I dislike ecchi and fanservice stuff in anime. (And there are too much pervy jokes in most movies too. :/ So I like clean and heartwarming anime XDD)

And good luck with the donation aki~ OwO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 am

Bleah! I wish I could help with your commission aki, but I don't have a paypal..

But I'll be sure to donate more to japan anyways! Best of luck with your commission, aki! (what you're doing is really fantastic, aki!)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 am

irisfate19 wrote:uhm I don't think I'll watch panty & stockings then.. >w> Since I dislike ecchi and fanservice stuff in anime. (And there are too much pervy jokes in most movies too. :/ So I like clean and heartwarming anime XDD)

And good luck with the donation aki~ OwO
Panty & Stocking is a comedy though. It makes perviness fun... Actually the show is way more popular among girls than guys. But it is very sexual, so yeah, it's not for everyone. But excluding all anime with fanservice isn't a good idea in my opinion. Because there are tons of amazing shows that include fanservice. As for ecchi, anime which include that usually have less to do with sexuality and more to do with surrealism(though sexual themes are often included in surreal art, it's often used for symbolism and criticism of society rather than as a marketing technique. Neon Genesis Evangelion managed to use it as both, though it would certainly be difficult to be aroused with all the gruesome and shocking imagery being displayed, but I digress).
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:20 am

I went out and bought a 3DS and well it's cool I played around with AR games and defeated a dragon that was invading my desk.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Panty and Stockings just doesn't appeal to me that's all. XD I don't exclude fanservice in anime, it is needed I guess?

Oh and I just watched Durarara!! (finally lol) XDDDDDDD ugyaaaaa it's really funnnnnnnn~~ I love it love it love it >w< The characters are really strong and story is genius. 8D Really I didn't watch DRRR before because I didn't understand what it's about from the synopsis. But I decided to watch anyway since the characters seem interesting. And it really is! XD
It's definitely the most fun and entertaining anime I've ever watched. 8D It's just awesome. C8

Back to top Go down

Post by HamsterPants Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:02 pm

irisfate19 wrote:Panty and Stockings just doesn't appeal to me that's all. XD I don't exclude fanservice in anime, it is needed I guess?

Oh and I just watched Durarara!! (finally lol) XDDDDDDD ugyaaaaa it's really funnnnnnnn~~ I love it love it love it >w< The characters are really strong and story is genius. 8D Really I didn't watch DRRR before because I didn't understand what it's about from the synopsis. But I decided to watch anyway since the characters seem interesting. And it really is! XD
It's definitely the most fun and entertaining anime I've ever watched. 8D It's just awesome. C8
I haven't watched Durarara, but I've heard good things about it. I think though, just judging by this post, that our opinions on entertainment are worlds apart.

That's not bad or anything. I'm just putting it out there.
HamsterPants
HamsterPants
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by yeahtoast Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:44 am

Anyone here watched Gosick? It's my anime of choice at the moment Smile
yeahtoast
yeahtoast
Staff

Script Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

http://toast-tastic.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:45 am

Watched what? O.o

I watched The Last Airbender. Or rather, I got bored of watching it halfway through. Shocking film :p I was both amused and disillusioned by the fact that most of the roles were played by ethnic minorities, mainly to play true to the east Asian inspirations of the story, while a majority of main and supporting characters were white ... or am I being too cynical?

Supernova
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 am

Gosick.. is about victorian detective girl right? It reminds me of Kuroshitsuji OwO But since the main chara is a girl I don't really have the will to watch it. >w>;

Yeah well different opinions are not bad. : D Oh and DRRR has psychological stuff in it. Which I like the most. >w<

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:04 am

Supernova wrote:Watched what? O.o

I watched The Last Airbender. Or rather, I got bored of watching it halfway through. Shocking film :p I was both amused and disillusioned by the fact that most of the roles were played by ethnic minorities, mainly to play true to the east Asian inspirations of the story, while a majority of main and supporting characters were white ... or am I being too cynical?

No, you're not being too cynical. The movie was terrible.

The series itself was fantastic, though, and I can't wait for Korra!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Korra? *Googles*

Oooh, that sounds interesting. Setting it in the future a bit allows some interesting stuff . . . and the whole revolt against -benders sounds interesting.
That's another thing to look forward to watching in 2012, with The Hobbit, Bond 23, and something else I can't remember that isn't the olympics :p

Supernova
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellan Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 pm

I can't wait for Korra, it actually got delayed because the creators were so upset with the "Last Airbender Movie", though that could just be a rumor.

I actually named my Mienfoo Aang because of the color scheme reminding me on Aang's clothes. Of course since I'm getting ready to face the elite 4 he's already evolved.

Speaking of "White Washed" casting, I recommend NOBODY see the live action Akira movie being made in the US. There are too many things wrong with that thing to list but the one that got me was they removed the crazy transformation at the end of the film (which is what the animated movie is known for). It's just going to be another DB: Evolution. Mad

Last edited by Kellan on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't want to double post.)
Kellan
Kellan

http://tewi.us/tegaki/dblog.php?u=120792

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh god, I forgot the were making a live action of one of the only few anime/mangas I ever liked. It's going to be so stupid putting that movie in Live action.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Woo! They finally got to the Platnium arc on OtakuWorks!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_the_knight Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:05 am

@dirksies
They did released it since Saturday. They finished the Diamond and Pearl arc, and now it's the Battle Frontier for Plantina. I've reached to where Plantina is facing Darch, the Valet Butler.

I'm kind of surprised that not many people here hasn't finished the project of Episode 1 yet. Too much concern with Black and White games. And plus, I really need to get Anime Studio to try out the animation practice.
Red_the_knight
Red_the_knight
Staff

Illustration Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 34 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next