Pokémon Special Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social communications thread ver. 2

+55
Meedle
PokeFan72
Tsurugi
The Black Glove
Jonk
megaman
Kellan
Chaosbrix
john
MastermindHen
Tākoizu-Chan
Minto-chan
KamonPeachFox
Blackmagebard
alicetama
Katosen27
TheViolentTomboy
videofan9864
pokemonv3
OneToTen
yeahtoast
RainbowMunchies
Memieko
Keyhala
How are you?
Philman
Alexie82818
Zephyr
Kazaazz
HamsterPants
Red_the_knight
Vanilla Twilight
Skotein
gold
Skillfulness
Razor-Leaf
Aki11
VGmaster
Nol
Passerby Boy
Joyfulldreams
Supernova
dirksies
FaisLittleWhiteRaven
AkieTara
Marley
silent storm
~Dewy~
dawsoc
カイリ
SunnyHinataKawaii
whatthechuck3
Mrtweetums
UberGabel
SaiTurtlesninjaNX
59 posters

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:03 pm

The Gym battles are alright in Sinnoh, but it doesn't compete with pokemon as it was until the end of Johto. Oh, and Dawn was alright for that one part where she totally lost her confidence and then got through her slump.

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Social communications thread ver. 2

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:29 pm

I stopped paying attention after 4kids left the picture. I mean sure, I admit that 4kids has had its bad moments (or should I say...REALLY bad moments), but I kinda liked 4kids pokemon. Just because I've adapted to the voices, and styles that the 4kids pokemon dub has come to represent.

and now...O.o;
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

whatthechuck3 wrote:Dirks, we got some voice stuff to talk about (sorry to bring this into the social thread, lol)...

Yeah we do. I've been trying to catch you on skype, but you haven't been on when I've been on...

And, with our forces combined, we may be able to tackle Kamuro! Speaking of which, Happy Birthday, Kamuro!
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I loved the orange islands. That lapras was just way too awesome. >w>

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

it's kamuro's bday? Really?

Then, happy bday, kamuro! Thanks for being...you know...awesome!
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Forum Team Voice Team Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by UberGabel Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

The anime. Oh God.
I watched one episode from Sinnoh, where "Barry" -cough- fought Ash and won. I'm sorry, but Ash. It is NOT wise to fight and Empoleon with the Gible you JUST caught. It's not like it's going to suddenly listen to you after it's completely IGNORED YOU for the entire episode. Besides, what if that Empoleon had known an ice move? I mean really. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON BARRY'S DUB. UGH.
-ahem-
It actually wasn't that bad, it just isn't nearly up to par with the first season. It's just kinda a simplistic show to mildly entertain children (why else would it come on at what, 7 AM?)
But I do like that Piplup. It makes me kinda giggle.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAMURO~ ♥️
UberGabel
UberGabel
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Fakemon Contest Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

The only part about the sinnoh season that I like is that animation technology is finally advanced enough to make battles look pretty epic. And also, I love how Ash battles with Pikachu now. I'm sorry, but Pikachu has to be like level 80 or 100 by now, and he HAS to be epic, and he is. XDDD

Other than Pikachu and battling, hate it. =_=;

I've never actually liked any part of the anime. The first season was great because it had Misty and togepi in it, but honestly, the whole show, beginning to end, sucks. Because team rocket is in EVERY EPISODE. The episodes that Team Rocket ARN'T in are pretty good! But that's few and far between.

It saddens me so much because I know that the anime has SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR AWESOME. Have any of you guys seen 'Raikou! Legend of Thunder'? I've seen it in Japanese, and let me tell you, it is amazing. It stars KENTA, not Satoshi (Ash), who has the same character design as Gold. There's also a Crytstal counterpart, Marina. (It sucks that the only glimpse of Silver you get is a brief cameo in the opening. -_-; )

There's romance, the villains are MENACING and POWERFUL, people can actually get hurt, pokemon are dangerous, the characters are awesome, as is the plot and action. If you hate the anime as much as I do, please just watch it. Know that it isn't entirely the company's fault, it's team rocket and Ash's fault. DX

Here's a link: Raikou! Legend of Thunder, English Subbed, Part 1
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby Boy Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:35 pm

there was a rumor that there may be a new main character for the black and white anime...I dunno if there's any truth to that, though...

If so, maybe it'll be better. Maybe they could give it...I dunno...a good plot.
Passerby Boy
Passerby Boy

Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by whatthechuck3 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah but by new main character, they most likely just mean replacing Dawn with the female protagonist from b/w (since its been stated that Misty's never coming back...) Oh...and just throwing another guess out there...she's probably gonna be another coordinator...'sigh' XD
whatthechuck3
whatthechuck3
Team Vice Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Vice Leader Fakemon Contest Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nol Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:40 pm

They should give the new season a twist and make the new tag-along contestant a guy instead of a girl. And then bring back Misty.
Nol
Nol
Audio Team
Audio Team

Music Team Illustration Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

https://www.youtube.com/user/Arcasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm

They can't bring back Misty I think I heard some where that the Japaneses voice actor didn't want to do that anymore or something I might have my sources wrong about this.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby Boy Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:34 pm

No...that's not what I meant. There was an announcement saying that they were starting a new series called Pokemon Black and White. I don't mean like they did for diamond and pearl...I'm not sure if anyone gets what I'm trying to say, but its like this. The anime series has been "Pokemon". They're relaunching it as "Pokemon Black and White". Because of this people have been thinking that they'll start a new series. Also, more so than any other VG/manga character, this new guy (black, or is it white) looks perfect for staring in an anime...

anyway, I have no clue if what I've been hearing is true or not...but personally, I really hope it is...
Passerby Boy
Passerby Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VGmaster Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Oh yeah the no more Ash series.
VGmaster
VGmaster
Supporter
Supporter

http://vgmaster78.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm

nah, that's not likely. I read in a recent interview (well, not that recent...in the DP first season), that the creator of the anime refuses to change ash, 'cause children have got so used to him and pikachu. And brock. (but not the female trainers...they switch them every new season to introduce the new generation of characters apparently)

Its because everyone has gotten so accustomed to ash, which is where we are now.

Though...the protagonist of BW does look promising. But the problem is that he and ash look too similar. They'll probably pull something like, give ash a whole new look. That's probably their intention.

After all, pokemon spinoffs where they change the main character are not very successful in business terms. (pokemon chronicles, anybody? They had (as joy mentioned earlier) the legend of thunder episodes in it, but nobody cared that much. Just goes to show they'll probably stick with the original formula.)

but let's see...if one thing should be changed that could explode the style of the pokemon anime...it would be to REMOVE TEAM ROCKET. Please!

Every episode has them. I mean...why? Even in gym battles! (if they remove the kiddyness of team rocket, and replace them with some real villains (as joy mentioned again, they villains from raikou could do), it would blow the whole thing WIDE open. (at least in the first few seasons it was fine. We didn't always know what to expect. And now...after more than 10 years, still sticking to the same thing? Thats why people don't like it!)

Think about it...every bad pokemon filler episode you watched (well, on a general term, every episode is usually filler, but bear with me.) if the horrendous (quite literally) plans of team rocket were removed, and replaced with something real...we may actually have an anime worth watching!

<end of rant>
(I still enjoy the pokemon anime sometimes though, but this little rant just shows my feelings towards it. In a hypocritical sorta way.)
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:50 am

Y'know, IDK why everyone hates Jessie James and Meowth so much. IMO, they are three of the best characters in the earlier seasons! (this coming from the girl who adored every character but Brock in the earlier seasons XD)

But yea, if they didn't come in every episode, or maybe if they made it liek in Phineas & Ferb, where the villain's plans don't involve the protagonist, but they do effect them in some way...

I like the characters, but I dislike that they attack with some ridiculous scheme eeeeevery episode... but i don't hate them. ;w; seeeeee?

(BTW, the evolution of Jame's voice scares me a bit. He went from being flamboyent male to 12-year-old with a trombone stuck in his throat. But I love him maybe halfway through the first season)

Oh-- Joy, I watched the Legend of Raikou in the link you gave, and honsetly... I thought it was kind of boring. There was a lot of standing/sitting around and talking, not enough action. (though I almost peed myself laughing when Kenta was whining about not being shy, then turned and saw his Typhlosion's face. XDDD ) People don't watch pokemon for emotions-- they watch it for the same reason they watch practically every good anime: Predictability and action! (and maybe some romance and humor thrown in)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki11 Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:18 pm

sorry rain wrong place to post this but in case you missed the post in other topics, can you work on the script for chapter 2, and possibly chapter 3 as well? I wanna work on the 2nd part of the episode and guest to work on the 2nd episode's storyboards as soon as possible.
Aki11
Aki11
Staff

Animation Team Animation Team Leader Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:44 pm

In terms of the changing of the female protagonist, I read in an interview that one of the bigwigs said they change her to give Ash some new eye candy each time O_O

Changing the style for BW would be cool. Especially if they made the villains (whether they keep Jessie and james or not) more like Atilla and Hun from Legend of thunder (:

Supernova
Staff

Script Team Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by dawsoc Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

But knowing ash he probably doesn't care about his candy
dawsoc
dawsoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm

oh, I read that interview! (it was the one I was referring too ^^)

but after a lot of controversy (terms of sexism), the interviewer stated that it may just've been a translation error.
*tryingtopreventanyrationalboutsofangeronthetopic

well...I guess I don't hate j&j, THAT much...but appearing in every episode is simply too much.

I do like your suggestion rain! It makes much more sense in a rational sorta way.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor-Leaf Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:52 am

CURSE YOU, ASH KETCHUM!!!

god bless Gary Oak....

dirksiesedit: Don't swear please....we get your point with the caps and the large font
Razor-Leaf
Razor-Leaf
Hyper Supporter
Hyper Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by UberGabel Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm honestly okay with their reasoning for keeping Ash as the main character, that IS what people seem to be used to, I just don't think he always needs to the main focus, ya know?
I mean, plenty of animes have episodes that don't star the main character--especially for fillers.
And Team Rocket does show up WAY too much, they kinda lose their "villian" quality when they always show up and get thwarted every time, IMO >3>
UberGabel
UberGabel
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dirksies Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Happy Birthday, Ama-chan! =]
dirksies
dirksies
Team Leader

Voice Team Voice Team Leader VA Critic Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:20 pm

eh? Ama-chan's bday?

Well, happy birthday, Ama-chan! I hope you have the best birthday evah!
^^
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyfulldreams Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 pm

WHAT how could you have thought that Raikou was boring?? D8 Rain, you sound like those horrible boys talking about Iron Man 2! (which I have not watched) "Yeah, in the first movie, the plot got in the way of all the awesome explosions!!! They fixed that this time DURR DURR DURR EXPLOSIONS ACTION HOT CHICKS DURRRRRR"

>.>; And, I do sometimes think that team Rocket is slightly funny. I WOULD like them if they didn't do the EXACT same things with the EXACT same gimics EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. I like shows with plot, substance, round characters, and decent character development! The pokemon anime has NONE of that!
Joyfulldreams
Joyfulldreams
Illustration Team
Illustration Team

Illustration Team Leader Administrator Social communications thread ver. 2 - Page 3 Bg10

http://joyfulldreams.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrtweetums Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 pm

well, I watched the raikou special as well (the dubbed version...don't judge me!)

It was...good. It was a nice change of pace from the usual formula (a much needed change of pace), but it felt like it was lacking something. (or maybe just 'cause I was watching the dub)

though it would've been enjoyable to see the characters develop in later episodes. I would be happy to watch a series about them.
Mrtweetums
Mrtweetums
Full Supporter
Full Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next